D3 Division 3 2011

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Looking through the clearances and a few names caught my eye.
Peter Cristoforo
Isaac Edmunds
Matt Pell
These are all very, very handy players who have signed with Prahran Assumption. Add this to what they had already plus Assumption connection as well as Jesse Silver who I hear is going to line up for them and I can't see anyone coming close to them even this far out.
Not going to be much fun for the backlines in D3.. they will be packing some serious firepower.

Hi there - first time poster who went to all Toorak P. games last season and saw both Xavs and Prahran (no connection to either). Prahran to me looked both unfit and uncommitted when a game was in the balance. They towelled up Banyule (eventual Premiers) by 5 goals second game then lost to the bottom side at home a week later - so inconsistent as well. They were in good position at 3/4 time most games but failed to play out. Also add a bit stiff to be relegated with 5 wins in each of the last 2 seasons. If this new alliance produces goal-kicking power as you have indicated I have no doubt they will be thereabouts as lack of forward options appeared to be a real problem. They had 3-4 real quality players who were as good as any in the comp but then had another problem with depth as could be gauged by the regular thrashings the 2nds received. I would expect to see dramatic improvement in a lower grade but the again amateur footy form can be hard to follow at times...I'll keep you posted as the season progresses....and good luck to all....

We had a great game and you guys had a lot of pace, some good targets and a good side all round. Thanks for the game and best wishes for the 2011 season. FYI our stats said you guys won 7.11 to 5.1 for the senior game and we won the reserves by 4 points. Cheers.[/quote]

Interesting. Anyone else have any results from practice matches, or have any upcoming games??? Albert Park play Sth.Mornington this weekend and Mt.Lilydale play Swinburne. My mob have a game next weekend but did have a fairly serious intraclub!

To kick things off:
I'll have a go at a ladder
Prahran: with Assumption equals very good team
Powerhouse: if they keep what they got and add a couple, they will be hard to beat
Hawthorn: appeared to have picked up players from higher grades, should improve
Elsternwick: hard to position, looked to have picked up a few good players, but they can't afford to have lost any, somewhere between 4 - 6
UHS-VU: Who knows what students they can pluck, they could be anything 5-9
Yarra Valley: young team, just missed out on finals last year, good depth, should figure in finals this year, somewhere between 5-7
Albert Park: have an aging but good list, need to keep everyone from last year, depth was poor last year. Somewhere between 6 - 8
Monash took D4 by storm last year and must be respected. Somewhere between 6 - 9
Ivanhoe: my disappointing team from 2010, I thought they be red hot but were too up and down. Will cause teams trouble if they can all stay fit.
West Brunswick: A club with a lot a pride that can win tough games to avoid relegation. Good but not good enough to make finals. Somewhere between 7 - 10
Mt Lilydale: there is always one promoted team that struggles the next year. Have a huge home ground advantage but I don't think it will be enough. Going back down
Kew: Struggled last year (lucky/unlucky to get promoted as the 3rd team from D4) Losing Greg Bell is huge, will need a massive change in player personal to avoid the drop.
This is just my opinion not based on any facts whatsoever. Take with a grain of salt.

Division 3 2011 Ladder Prediction:
I'm tipping positions 1-7 to be seperated by 3-4 wins only, which should make for an exciting finals run with the bottom 5 to win around 3-5 games each.
1 - Yarra Valley - Alot of improvement in them.
2 - UHS-VU - Will be hard to topple at home and on the road.
3 - Hawthorn - Heard the club will have alot of new quality in 2011.
4 - Power House - Usually a bit of hype around this club. Lets see.
5 -Elsternwick - Need more depth in the reserves.
6 - Prahan Assumption - D2 relegated, demand respect.
7 - Ivanhoe - The Hoe's to be very competitive and just miss out.
8 - Mt Lilydale - Big home ground advantage.
9 - Albert Park - Solid team, but have a few weary bodys getting around
10 -Monash - D4 premiers, will be sticking around in D3.
11 - West Brunswick - No consistancy and will struggle.
12 - Kew - In great need of quality recruits and the meaning of the word TEAM.

Glenn Francis was in amazing form today during the practice match..... Mitchfc ...you may be onto something?

A couple of reasonable games for both clubs getting into the year. Could not tell too much from the games as you don't know who is 'not playing' at this stage.

Ivanhoe twos won by about 5 goals and the Ivanhoe ones finished just short of 4 goals in front. Both teams looked a little rusty to be honest, but good to get our first run out of the way.

The young kids were great and some new players to hoe park did well. Still about 5 or 6 players short in the ones, but spots might be a little more keenly contested this year.

will it make a difference - who knows?

Chump.

Re: Division 4 Section 2011
South Mornington played Albert Park this weekend, we SM won both the ones and twos by probably 6-8 goals each??? (there was no scoreboard), have to say we had around 55 players for the day albert had a few blokes play two games, but was a good hitout regardless, we play Box Hill North this sunday then Elsternwick the saturday after that so some solid hit outs there before Richmond Central away round 1...
Surely many out for AP?

MTL x 2 goals over Swinburne in Hawthorn today...

Glenn Francis was in amazing form today during the practice match..... Mitchfc ...you may be onto something?

A couple of reasonable games for both clubs getting into the year. Could not tell too much from the games as you don't know who is 'not playing' at this stage.

Ivanhoe twos won by about 5 goals and the Ivanhoe ones finished just short of 4 goals in front. Both teams looked a little rusty to be honest, but good to get our first run out of the way.

The young kids were great and some new players to hoe park did well. Still about 5 or 6 players short in the ones, but spots might be a little more keenly contested this year.

will it make a difference - who knows?

Chump.

definately some good signs Chumpy, but theres plenty to work on and alot of improvement before we can contend. Except Francis, he's ready to go.

Dutchy Holland kicking 4.8.... he must have the nick rewaldt yips? he has a nice dick too.

Looking through the clearances and a few names caught my eye.
Peter Cristoforo
Isaac Edmunds
Matt Pell
These are all very, very handy players who have signed with Prahran Assumption. Add this to what they had already plus Assumption connection as well as Jesse Silver who I hear is going to line up for them and I can't see anyone coming close to them even this far out.
Not going to be much fun for the backlines in D3.. they will be packing some serious firepower.

Would have to agree. Don't know a lot about Div 3 but have seen the guys you mention in action in Ovens and Murray over the years. Uninjured I would tip Cristoforo to top the goal kicking. Very good shot and gets plenty of the footy. Generally smaller grounds will also suit him.

Would have to agree. Don't know a lot about Div 3 but have seen the guys you mention in action in Ovens and Murray over the years. Uninjured I would tip Cristoforo to top the goal kicking. Very good shot and gets plenty of the footy. Generally smaller grounds will also suit him.

Sounds like a Big Rig

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Pretty quiet on here, so I might as well give my ladder in order for the season, based on last year, rumours and very little knowledge of how things will pan out in reality (although I reserve the right to say I told you so if it does turn out like this):

Prahran Assumption
UHSOB
Elsternwick
Yarra Valley
Hawthorn
Ivanhoe
AP
Powerhouse
Mt Lilydale
Monash Gryphons
West Brunswick
Kew

Im going to say:

Prahran Assumers - So much HYPE they must be good.

Everyone else in any partucular order.

Kew - everyone else has written them off

---------------

not much chit chat on here for this league.

Hoes play Surrey Park in a praccy game tomoz.

Here you go Wamba ......this is based on.....bugger all.

Prahran Assumption
Powerhouse
Yarra Valley
Monash Gryphons
Elsternwick
UHSOB
AP
Ivanhoe
Hawthorn
Mt Lilydale
West Brunswick
Kew

........but, if G. Francis continues his form.....Ivanhoe will be undefeated and premiers!!:D

Chump.

Im going to say:

Prahran Assumers - So much HYPE they must be good.

Everyone else in any partucular order.

Kew - everyone else has written them off

---------------

not much chit chat on here for this league.

Hoes play Surrey Park in a praccy game tomoz.

Why is everyone writing Kew off?

New ex-AFL coach, plenty of numbers on the track, good junior setup.

The few players I've spoken to seem excited about the season.

Why is everyone writing Kew off?

New ex-AFL coach, plenty of numbers on the track, good junior setup.

The few players I've spoken to seem excited about the season.

Only based on last year BIgwaz and that they should have bveen relegated but weren't.

Apart from that have nothing to go on.

I've seen sides almost relegated one year and be premiers the next so these predictions are all piss and wind but they do create discussion.

Here you go Wamba ......this is based on.....bugger all.

Prahran Assumption
Powerhouse
Yarra Valley
Monash Gryphons
Elsternwick
UHSOB
AP
Ivanhoe
Hawthorn
Mt Lilydale
West Brunswick

See you rate the Gryphons highly Chump? Based on anything you've see or heard?

Hoes rated lowly? I had them out of the eight but there is potentially a massive upside for the black and whites is that we have a lot of talented youngsters and we don't know just how quickly they'll adjust to senior footy!

Looking forward to the kick off next week.

I'm told down at the watering hole that Prahran play Kew in a practice match this w'end...could be an indicator of each clubs' ambitions this season (and I know it's only a praccy match) but they may each need a decent hit-out....

........but, if G. Francis continues his form.....Ivanhoe will be undefeated and premiers!!:D

Chump.

I wanted to pick him up in the player auction, doubt I can afford him to be honest.

Might go the cheaper option of team mitchell, lead by Connor Mitchell.

Any Practice Match results? Albert Park defeated Old Westbourne today.

Good win by AP. Ivanhoe beat Surrey Park by 25 goals but unfortunately the opposition was so lame little could be gleaned from it.

Still we had quite a few out and looked good at times.

Hoes solid all day, but that would have to be one of the worst senior sides in Melbourne, Surrey Park. Not having a crack, most of them were good sports and kept at it all day, but to not score 1 goal, and I think they only managed 3 behinds... not flash.

So very hard to see where we are as a side going into the season with only 1 solid hit out.

Anyone else have a game on the weekend?

I'm told down at the watering hole that Prahran play Kew in a practice match this w'end...could be an indicator of each clubs' ambitions this season (and I know it's only a praccy match) but they may each need a decent hit-out....

Prahran Assumption defeated Kew by 17 goals.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back