D3 Division 3 - 2012

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Round 14......

Aquinas V Wicks - massive game for finals action. I think AQ at home will get the 'W' ....just - 13 points

USH-VU v Yarra - would think that Yarra would be too strong in this one - 40 points.

AP v Hoes - still rate AP higher than the ladder suggests and at home will be a difficult task for the hoes. Still thinks we can get the points in a tight one - 11 points.

SFX v House - with so much on the line you would think that SFX have to get the win at home? - 28 points.

Kew v RC - Kew at home are VERY hard to beat and playing some good footy - I think they can finish as high as third and will be too good for the Snakes - 35 points.

OW v Hawks - Massive ground not suitable for the Hawks game and as such with even the sides up a bit here. flip of the coin in the end - Hawks by 5 points.

Good luck all - no injuries.

Chump.

Aquinas V Wicks - The Wicks are good but I'll give it to the Equines at home by 2 goals

USH-VU v Yarra - Lightening won't strike twice, Yarra all the way - 10 goals.

AP v Hoes - Don't think the Hoes have ever played at AP before, they won't like it, but should still end up winning by 10 goals

SFX v House - SFX by 12 goals, the House preparing for next year

Kew v RC - Equal match of the round billing with the Aquinas V Wicks game. Kew grow an extra leg when at home, Snakes maybe in struggle town with injuries taking their toll. Bears 6 goals

OW v Hawks - Despite the bad start and all the drama, the Hawks aren't a bad side and should be able to account for the kids from OW on their big ground. 3 goals

I think there are a few teams out there that will be glad to see the back of July as all it ever seems to bring iare injuries and sickness to teams. Good Luck to all, bring on August.

Aquinas vs Elsternwick - For me MotR with both teams desperate to keep winning. A win could give the Bloods the double chance while the Wicks are in a dog-fight for the final September spot. Going for the home side - just.
UHS-VU vs Yarra Valley - Yes, 3rd hosting 1st, but think the wine-makers have too much on the Students to drop this one.
Albert Park vs Ivanhoe - Although finals-bound, the Hoes can't afford to take the Falcons too lightly, especially at the GP circuit.
St Francis Xavier vs Power House - An opportunity for the X-Men to improve their percentage, which may be critical come the end of next month.
Kew vs Richmond - Someone's finals hopes may be shakey after this one and at home think the Bears, after last week's solid win, can keep ahead of the pack for at least one more week and give more pain to the Tiger-Snakes..
Old Westbourne vs Hawthorn - Interesting game between two of the bottom-feeders of the comp. The relegation pressure is off the Old-Boys and with the Hawks still wanting to prove a point think they will get the points.

BigWaz - What the F is going on with KB went down for a kick last night, needed a boat to get passed the fence never seen it that water logged?

BigWaz - What the F is going on with KB went down for a kick last night, needed a boat to get passed the fence never seen it that water logged?

Yup.... Bring your swimmers this Saturday UHS-VU... It's absolutely soaked and the worst its been in the 10 years I've seen it, by a long way.

BTW..Stay off our ground! :)

Just two home games to go and the cricket club can deal with it.

Vegemite...I didn't miss the return of Bemused last week...It was the absolute hoighlight of this now boring, outdated and defunct forum. Bigfooty's moderators havge created a "safe haven" for politically correct postings...with no room for personal opinion, fun or freedom of speech (I guess this post will be removed at some point too).
As for bemused, his cryptic post leaves us all wondering...why is he still bemused...and imprtantly, where has he been the past few months.

I long for the days of fun banter between Chump, The Wamba, Me, bemused and umpy advocate, the smoker (puff puff) and a few others...

Whatever happened to the forum...sigh!

In the meantime Vegemite, while I am over here in London enjoying the games, I hear that you have been giving it a fair shake at a recent club players reunion lunch that went well into the evening - True or false?

Bemused, since you are back, where have you been? Maybe somewhere looking for a new coach for yor club (which club is that again?).

I hear a few of the grounds are in poor shape and Albert Park had spoken to MSAC and said that if they were busy, they could accomodate some lap swimmers on their oval!

As for the footy, I certainly hope the standard has picked up over the past few weeks while I have been away...it was pretty low across the board a few weeks ago.

The standard of football has dropped considerably over the past 2 years across all grades but especially in Division 3.

Negative coaching and defensive game plans...it looks like NRL scrums every week these days. Just like under 10's with 36 players pack-chasing the football...

Vegemite...I didn't miss the return of Bemused last week...It was the absolute hoighlight of this now boring, outdated and defunct forum. Bigfooty's moderators havge created a "safe haven" for politically correct postings...with no room for personal opinion, fun or freedom of speech (I guess this post will be removed at some point too).
As for bemused, his cryptic post leaves us all wondering...why is he still bemused...and imprtantly, where has he been the past few months.

I long for the days of fun banter between Chump, The Wamba, Me, bemused and umpy advocate, the smoker (puff puff) and a few others...

Whatever happened to the forum...sigh!

In the meantime Vegemite, while I am over here in London enjoying the games, I hear that you have been giving it a fair shake at a recent club players reunion lunch that went well into the evening - True or false?

Bemused, since you are back, where have you been? Maybe somewhere looking for a new coach for yor club (which club is that again?).

I hear a few of the grounds are in poor shape and Albert Park had spoken to MSAC and said that if they were busy, they could accomodate some lap swimmers on their oval!

As for the footy, I certainly hope the standard has picked up over the past few weeks while I have been away...it was pretty low across the board a few weeks ago.

The standard of football has dropped considerably over the past 2 years across all grades but especially in Division 3.

Negative coaching and defensive game plans...it looks like NRL scrums every week these days. Just like under 10's with 36 players pack-chasing the football...

Did you see Prahran last year? Have you seen Yarra Valley this year? I haven't seen Ivanhoe but they have a strong U/19 program which will only make their senior team stronger as their results have shown.
Have you seen De La, Collegians and Xavs this year, even Carey has improved out of sight? Uni Blacks and St Kevs in B Grade?
Go an watch these teams play and then tell me that the standard has dropped.

Enjoy London Dee Three. Nothing like a mid-winter break to lift the spirits.

Thanks for your 5 cents worth justafan...that's all it was worth.

Have watched a few of the above mentioned sides including Old Scotch and thought their standards were terrible...which is why I made my comment.

Have watched Hawthorn 3 times this season, and Elsternwick and Ivanhoe and Yarra Valley twice...so I think I have a fair handle on the standard...oh and I have seen Kew and UHS too

Thanks for your input anyway...

Thanks for your 5 cents worth justafan...that's all it was worth.

Have watched a few of the above mentioned sides including Old Scotch and thought their standards were terrible...which is why I made my comment.

Have watched Hawthorn 3 times this season, and Elsternwick and Ivanhoe and Yarra Valley twice...so I think I have a fair handle on the standard...oh and I have seen Kew and UHS too

Thanks for your input anyway...

You must have been a gun.....
Or, maybe the fact you thought you were but everyone else's opinion differed?
This can explain your constant negative outlook on things....
Ammo footy has never been in better shape...

You missed a cracker at Vic Park Kew v Richmond... A real goal fest at 4 to 3.

The ground wasn't that wet, so go figure. A slight brawl to finish the game off as well.

The ground wasn't that wet, so go figure. A slight brawl to finish the game off as well.

hahaha, can you define a 'slight brawl' for me......never heard of it before but I like it!!

Went down to see the game aswell, very scrappy but thought the ground looked fairly wet especially in the middle which was a mudpit? had to leave at 3qtr time.. some more details on this 'slight brawl' please?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

"Ammo footy has never been in better shape..." - Justafan are you really Michael Sholly?

Bigwaz said it all...4 goals to 3 on a good day for football...involving a team spoken about as a big chance to win this seasons flag.

justafan...you have no idea...go back to posting on the Ozkick site

Dee Three mate, you just said that you haven't seen a game for a few weeks so I don't know why you bother coming on here potting the whole competition just because you are a little snooty that the involvement on this page isn't what it used to be. The top half of the competition is very solid, still think it is between 4 sides, don't know if UHS can recover after some heavy losses to teams within the 5. Also saw the 'slight brawl' between the Bears and the Snakes, I like a new rivalry! Game of the Round this week? Elsternwick v St Francis Xavier, winner is still a chance for the 5, loser is gone. Richmond have a big chance to knock UHS down to 5th this week as well.

"Ammo footy has never been in better shape..." - Justafan are you really Michael Sholly?

Bigwaz said it all...4 goals to 3 on a good day for football...involving a team spoken about as a big chance to win this seasons flag.

And Mr Three, I must question your idea of a good day for footy... it was absolutely bucketing down in the first quarter for 15 minutes on a ground that had 3 games played on it all day! Absolute mud bath!

Dee Three. Was a shocking day for footy. And if you've seen Ivanhoe at there best this year with the big moose slotting them from everywhere I dont think you'd be too concerned with the standard of the comp! You've gotta lift, mate

I hear the Big Moose is out to challenge the Ivanhoe long standing Angelo Pace (Maker) record of 10 pies after a match...any truth to that rumour anyone?

I hear the Big Moose is out to challenge the Ivanhoe long standing Angelo Pace (Maker) record of 10 pies after a match...any truth to that rumour anyone?

Have you really seen Ivanhoe this year Dee Three?

If you had you'd know that given his build, the Moose is not likely to down a lot of pies!!!

Predictions for this week boys?

My thoughts:
Aquinas to to smash house
Elsternwick to end the X-Mens finals hopes
Ivanhoe to to demolish the boys from the west - won't be pretty!
Centrals to down UHS-VU in a scrap at KB Reserve
Yarra Valley to down Albert Park but not by much
Kew to easily account for the Hawks in the local darby at Rathmines

Ba ha ha ha ...... G'day D3 .....I see you have lost none of your fishing talent sir? :D

Welcome back - and the only record the Big Moose will take away from the great man ( Ange ) will be the next 100 goal kicker at IAFC. A great effort from a young man in only his second season at the senior level.

As for me .... still old, fat, bald, grumpy .......but extremely talented.

Chump

Aquinas vs Power house - too strong at home
Elsternwick vs St. Francis - High scoring, close affair with Elsternwick taking it out
Ivanhoe vs Old Westbourne - Could get ugly. A. Close to kick his 100th
Richmond vs UHS-VU - Game of the round. UHS just.
Albert Park vs Yarra Valley - Yarra to win. Albert park to put up a good fight.
Hawthorn vs Kew - Hawthorn have shown a lot the last month however Kew too strong.

Important games for Aquinas and UHS-VU. Aquinas needing the win and a percentage boost. UHS-VU require the win against a respectable unit in Richmond who could quite easily win at home. Kew only 2 pts behind these two also aiming for the double chance.
Rain on Saturday will make it interesting. In particular Richmond v UHS as KB Reserve can become a bit of a mud heap after a few showers.

Match of the round again!

We have had match of the round the past 4 weeks and lost them all... Centrals are due for a win. #gosnakes

Aquinas vs Power house - too strong at home
Elsternwick vs St. Francis - High scoring, close affair with Elsternwick taking it out
Ivanhoe vs Old Westbourne - Could get ugly. A. Close to kick his 100th
Richmond vs UHS-VU - Game of the round. UHS just.
Albert Park vs Yarra Valley - Yarra to win. Albert park to put up a good fight.
Hawthorn vs Kew - Hawthorn have shown a lot the last month however Kew too strong.

Important games for Aquinas and UHS-VU. Aquinas needing the win and a percentage boost. UHS-VU require the win against a respectable unit in Richmond who could quite easily win at home. Kew only 2 pts behind these two also aiming for the double chance.
Rain on Saturday will make it interesting. In particular Richmond v UHS as KB Reserve can become a bit of a mud heap after a few showers.
I'm with you except for the Kew v Hawthorn game. Just sniff a breakout by the citizens. Certainly no love lost twixt these two.

I'm with you except for the Kew v Hawthorn game. Just sniff a breakout by the citizens. Certainly no love lost twixt these two.
Sidey, how long have you been around still referring to the Hawks as the Citizens? That's 25 years ago!

D3 you old keyboard warrior! Sure can reel them in!
Glad this forum has fired back up!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back