D3 Division 3 - 2012

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I need to address some absolute rubbish from recent posters on here before I ring
Kim Duthie for an intense opposition analysis session at Rick Nixon's holiday home.
Firstly, the goal kicking machine that is Edwards has been seen training at Powder House in pre-season. From all reports super fit, bigger and stronger than ever?
Good luck fullbacks. The only query is how many times can they get it to him to inflict some real damage on the scoreboard. The VAFA's Tony Lockett.
Yarrav Valley will be there at the business end of proceedings.
Top 4 contender no doubt!
Agree with willie bee 21, however, the home ground advantage (like OW) and "the culture" is not enough to gain promotion.
Wins on the road against other finals contenders remains the key. Have they recruited?
As for the imbeciles in Dee Three (too many hits to the head- blurred vision")
Champers and Flowing Locks - fancy bagging a player like Dim (Sim) who is a ball magnet and "stands out" in some poor recent sides. A player who excells without support and assitance yet remains a fantastic player. Maybe some serious man envy here!
I suggest you three stay together in the spa for your analysis sessions but please stop drinking the water!!! You three stick to the Mardi Gras for your physical contests

Kim Duthie, please.....
Our coach wouldn't have tagged him if we didn't rate him....he actually stated he thought he was the best player in the comp and he had to be shut down. Still got 30 but they weren't effective considering the pressure we put on him. I thought there were SFX players better than him on the day. I think it is a credit to Dima that he was tagged in a team that finished 0-18 for the year.
In regards to our numbers, not sure where than info is coming from. We have had extremely healthy numbers and an influx of new players. New coach is going great guns and training is progressing nicely.
As like all teams at this stage of the year, we are very happy with where we are at the moment.

Has anyone else here heard the rumour that Hawthorn are really struggling with numbers? Just a bit of information passed onto me but I'm not sure if it is in any way validated by truth.

Cannot believe that a team that were as solid as Yarra Valley missed promotion, really thought their home ground and culture would have been enough to push them into Div 2 but I suppose they were never going to beat Prahran. Powerhouse are going to really struggle to replace both their ruckman and their full forward if Edwards has really gone. Who will win the 'Coleman' if the big fella has hung up the boots? I know Kew (Brazzale) and Yarra Valley (Yeo) both had blokes up the table in terms of goals kicked.

Willy Bee - I'm only new to BigFooty but saw this post and it only confirmed what I've been hearing from my D3 little birdies. Here's what I've heard about Hawthorn and a few other teams for 2012:

Aquinas: The club has been revamped after its disappointing 2011 and has been on a huge recruiting drive since October - major contenders for the flag!

Old Westbourne: As previously mentioned in the D3 thread, Old Westbourne struggling for numbers at preseason and won't be pushing for it this year.

Yarra Valley: Bitterly disappointed about missing promotion to D2 and just like Aquinas have had a huge preseason and will be right up there.

Ivanhoe: Will field a youthful and fit seniors team who intend will run teams off their feet.

Kew: Have very good numbers down at training and is my tip to be the biggest improvers in 2012.

Can anyone else confirm/comment on these rumours?

i dont know about old westbourne lacking numbers with near 60 rocking up to trainings but okay
Interesting Presh King, I am really lacking insight into the new teams of the competition but it is exciting to know that at the very least Aquinas and Old Westbourne have both kept and gained blokes and will be looking to get elevated again. I have a sneaking suspicion that the rivalry of the year could be Ivanhoe and Kew.

As Richo said, Ivanhoe are a very nimble side with a lot of young talent and Kew have apparently been smashing out transfers left, right and centre. Can anyone give me some insight into how Elsternwick, Albert Park and UHS are going? Bar UHS, these teams struggled last year. Did any of them pick up some fresh talent to push them back into finals contention?

To get amongst the predictions like the rest of you:

2012 Premiers: Yarra Valley
2012 Top 5: Yarra Valley, Aquinas, Ivanhoe, Old Westbourne, Kew
Big Improvers: Ivanhoe
Big Sliders: UHS
League Medal: Chris Beal/Mike Ross
Relegation: Richmond - Just a rough guess, nothing to it.

Is ex-RC forward Troy 'Fish' Whiting running around for OW this year?

Yes bigwaz ex RC " Troy Fish Whiting" is back for another year for the mighty warriors, he is looking forward to the round 6 clash. The warriors have rebuilt from last year and are a better fitter team and under a new coaching panel should be a great year for the warriors. I hear there may be alot of retirements from snake land is this true????

Hawthorn are doing fine for numbers. put 21 muppets around Scott Timmins and that will be enough! The only thing that could distract Timmins enough to keep him from dominating D3 and dragging Hawthorn to a flag is his impending nuptials. Scott Timmins solved the Nurses stirke single-handedly. I think he can handle a D3 B&F!

Willy Bee - I'm only new to BigFooty but saw this post and it only confirmed what I've been hearing from my D3 little birdies. Here's what I've heard about Hawthorn and a few other teams for 2012:

Aquinas: The club has been revamped after its disappointing 2011 and has been on a huge recruiting drive since October - major contenders for the flag!

Old Westbourne: As previously mentioned in the D3 thread, Old Westbourne struggling for numbers at preseason and won't be pushing for it this year.

Yarra Valley: Bitterly disappointed about missing promotion to D2 and just like Aquinas have had a huge preseason and will be right up there.

Ivanhoe: Will field a youthful and fit seniors team who intend will run teams off their feet.

Kew: Have very good numbers down at training and is my tip to be the biggest improvers in 2012.

Can anyone else confirm/comment on these rumours?

exciting times for the youthful hoes on the field, but more importantly can the young fellas get the YS down to the club for functions?

the lack of sighting's of Tommy 'wildcat' Trevan is a concern too...

A good mate close to Aquinas reckons they are looking the goods this year with a few really handy pick ups and the youngsters progressing on from last year.

G'day fellas

Rockbank football club are looking for a practice march due to the opposition pulling out we urgently require a game happy to travel or play at hone pm if any side is avabile

Wow thats some great insite?? who are the pick ups?

reports are that niezen has come back from a season in the efl with norwood and perrett the massive FF has returned from mooroolbark. there has been between 80-90 blokes on the track of the pre-season over the summer, which you would think can only be a positive.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

2nd junior side mitch?

numbers for 1's, 2's, clubbies x2 and u19's.

plenty of guys around who just wanna play footy with their mates etc, which is brilliant for the club.

As for practice matches, we played Surrey Hills from EFL div 4 and got over the line by 5/6 goals or so. 19's and 2's had wins also. We were missing quite a few players as the game was on Sunday, so will see a few changes in the coming weeks.

Opposition was not amazing, but they played to their plan and stuck to their structures and the game really only opened up in the last qtr.

Big Bustling Barel at CHB was inspiring to say the least, Josh Gibson like as the undersized KPP.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back