D4 Division 4 - 2014

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys, looking for a reserves team to have a run around with when I'm in town - I travel a bit for work. I live in Brunswick, so obviously West Brunswick, North Brunswick, and Northern Blue would be my best bet, right? Anyone able to report on how they're going for numbers? I gather from the discussion that one of the Brunswick teams isn't well liked. Is that correct? If so, which one? Finally, when's training if any of the teams could use an extra?
Both Brunswick teams are pretty good mate. You'll have fun at either club. North Brunswick look to need the number more.

Another big D4 name to move on. Has kicked 50+ the last three years.

Manningham Cobras AFCMarcellin OCMcpherson, ScottPending2014-03-30

Surely this is not the Scott McPherson that played at Old Essendon? He must be 50!! Hopefully, he is has changed his ways as he was quite possibly be the biggest sook in Ammo's history.
Could play in his day though....

Surely this is not the Scott McPherson that played at Old Essendon? He must be 50!! Hopefully, he is has changed his ways as he was quite possibly be the biggest sook in Ammo's history.
Could play in his day though....
The same one I believe. Has killed us the past three seasons averaging about 7 each time we played. he would have to be mid 40's. Huge loss for MC.

Dragons have been a lot quieter this year than last years pre-season. This worries me.

Really interested to see how Canterbury will go.

Would not be surprised if Chadstone improve rapidly. Good Coach, few recruits and a few blokes who were on there way out, back into the fold.

Hey guys, looking for a reserves team to have a run around with when I'm in town - I travel a bit for work. I live in Brunswick, so obviously West Brunswick, North Brunswick, and Northern Blue would be my best bet, right? Anyone able to report on how they're going for numbers? I gather from the discussion that one of the Brunswick teams isn't well liked. Is that correct? If so, which one? Finally, when's training if any of the teams could use an extra?
G'day Darrell. New players are always welcomed at North Brunswick so why not come along for a kick? Training on Tuesday and Thursday nights starting at 6.15pm. Numbers have been pretty good but always on the lookout for new players. You can contact our coach directly at angesammo@bigpond.com if you want more info. I'm sure he'll be able to answer any questions you have.

Looking forward to meeting you on the track.

What part is causing you doubts champ. They played a top 4 team from last year, away, and 'apparently' got the chocolates.

No chance of bottom four. Chaddy, sth Dragons, Canterbury and Nth Brunny look set for worse years.
Their praccy against Point Cook is what gave me doubts as i clearly stated. Barely got over the line against a struggling club who is looking to finish bottom 4. However i do understand it is just a practice match and does give little insight into the rest of the season. Their pre-season did look good though so i will stay optimisitc. Just my thoughts

1401d4.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

There is no Suns team, they withdrew from the competition due to not having enough players to field a side.

Canterbury look to have a competitive side this year and should be around the middle of the pack with Westbourne, Point Cook and what looks to possibly be Manningham.

Box Hill also another improving side while is looks like North Brunswick are going to struggle compared with last season.

West Brunswick obviously the team to set the bench mark this year.

Is it a top 4 or 5 this year? West Brunswick and the Tremewen Hawks are going to be hard to beat this year.

Did the Suns win OTP?

Wot Footiess said. Wound up not being able to field a side, it'll be a different story next year though. Any further comment from me would be sour grapes. Lets just say my rose-tinted pro-VAFA blinkers have been removed and leave it at that.

Anything to report from the weekends games? Dragons have lost a lot of depth. Could be a long year for them.

Anything to report from the weekends games? Dragons have lost a lot of depth. Could be a long year for them.

Fair call. It is tough going with our co-captain, full-forward, ruckman and CHB out for the next 1-2 months. Hopefully we'll turn things around once we are able to field a full team. Fully understand every other team would have certain key injuries nonetheless.

Still a little early to make concrete predictions, but Hawthorn and West Bruns the obvious front-runners (going by last year's cattle). Not much more will be known about Canterbury until they play Hawthorn or WB...

West Brunswick were very impressive.

The fact that they had a full practice match, with two full sides before our reserves game, indicates that they have incredible depth and numbers. Whilst we rolled out an understrength Reserves side, they were probably the best reserves team I have seen at D4 level.

The whole club is well drilled on the "plus one" and they are all play their part.

Don't know why exactly they don't have a clubbies side, as playing intra club practice matches early on Saturday mornings would wear thin after a while!

U won't see the best from Canterbury till the second half of the year. Still alot of players out and with new coaches it may take time to fully gel.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

West Brunswick were very impressive.

The fact that they had a full practice match, with two full sides before our reserves game, indicates that they have incredible depth and numbers. Whilst we rolled out an understrength Reserves side, they were probably the best reserves team I have seen at D4 level.

The whole club is well drilled on the "plus one" and they are all play their part.

Don't know why exactly they don't have a clubbies side, as playing intra club practice matches early on Saturday mornings would wear thin after a while!

Two full sides in an intra-club praccy before the Magoos?! Insane, but very impressive! Those named on the pine for the Twos @ WB must be feeling a little edgy...

Sorry to let the truth get in the way of a good story!

But whilst we did have a curtain raiser on Saturday (as part of our Family and Friends Day), the sides were made up of a number of guys from WBAFC, quite a few ‘retired’ veterans and a sizeable contingent of Uni Blues and Blacks guys who missed out on a game in their respective clubs. We would be in no position to be putting out a 3rd XVIII on a weekly basis, but are trying to keep as many players interested by providing a kick when we can. We will be doing the same on occasions during the year, so if you have blokes missing out on a game that might want a kick, get in touch with the club and they could most likely join in.

Great idea! It's a double edge sword when you have between 10-20 guys missing a game each week. The depth is handy but guys lose interest if they aren't playing and end up leaving, then when you're hit by injuries mid season you really need them!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back