D4 Division 4 Section 2011

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
You're our Ruckman?

We're doomed :)

Kotsa... I'm umpiring, so it'd be good if you could as well!

Kotsa umpiring,now that is something I would like to be around to see!!!!! I would love to be on the boundary line for that,are the thoughts of revenge are overwhelming. It's relentless isn't it Kotsa
Good luck to both clubs for the cups game,wish I had the game.

Kotsa umpiring,now that is something I would like to be around to see!!!!! I would love to be on the boundary line for that,are the thoughts of revenge are overwhelming. It's relentless isn't it Kotsa
Good luck to both clubs for the cups game,wish I had the game.

If I umpired Nellup, the only thing you'd feel is shame. Only then would you understand why I and the rest of the world carries on when you're umpiring.:D

Sigh of relief this afternoon. Confirmed with the VAFA you won't be umpiring the game. :D:D

Good luck yourself tomorrow too. There are many of us who do appreciate the efforts of yourself and other umps as well as the difficulty and challenges in getting people just to do the job.

Give us some feedback during the week if you felt the love on Saturday or just same old.

If I umpired Nellup, the only thing you'd feel is shame. Only then would you understand why I and the rest of the world carries on when you're umpiring.:D

Sigh of relief this afternoon. Confirmed with the VAFA you won't be umpiring the game. :D:D

Good luck yourself tomorrow too. There are many of us who do appreciate the efforts of yourself and other umps as well as the difficulty and challenges in getting people just to do the job.

Give us some feedback during the week if you felt the love on Saturday or just same old.
I feel the love already
This doesn't mean we are going to be taking long hot showers together Kotsa
:eek:

1252532_1_M.jpg

Cool.

Instead of worrying about crap photos and stupid cliches,win some games and maybe look at getting out of d4 in the next 25 years

The biggest upset of the round was Manningham's reserves getting up over North Brunswick... Big win! And then the seniors backed it up... All in all a pretty average day for North. There would have been some big celebrations in Manningham Sat night.

How were the grounds?

Elgar Park was a lake for the reserves, but dried out a bit for the senior game. I hear KB was just as wet.

The biggest upset of the round was Manningham's reserves getting up over North Brunswick... Big win! And then the seniors backed it up... All in all a pretty average day for North. There would have been some big celebrations in Manningham Sat night.

How were the grounds?

Elgar Park was a lake for the reserves, but dried out a bit for the senior game. I hear KB was just as wet.

Allard Park was very wet, very slippery and muddy - my favourite conditions but not many others appreciate them!

Great win by both teams - the seniors was a close slog all day.

Interesting ladder, after five rounds just one win seperates 2 to 9.

SM beat RC who beat MC who beat NB who beat BHN who beat EP who beat SU who beat RC. And PC beat MC and NB.

SFX are clear fav's now but it's wide open for spots 2,3 and 4. Who will it be?

Round 6 Tips

Chadstone vs Point Cook - PC by 15 goals.
Manningham vs Box Hill North - BHN by 1 goal.
St Francis Xavier vs Richmond - SFX by 8 goals.
Swinburne Uni vs South Mornington - SU by 6 goals.
Eley Park vs North Brunswick - EP by 3 goals.

Reserves: PC, BHN, RC, SM, NB

Round 6 Tips

RM, do you think the umpires from the weekends game learnt their ball toss from Anna Kournikova? Similar consistency...

I know it was Umpire Appreciation round so I won't say anything more about the game.

Round 6 Tips

PC by 150
Mann v BHN... will be very close
RC by 1 point
SU should win comfortably at home.
EP doesn't lose at home often...

Reserves:
PC, MC, RC, SM (224 - 0!!!), NB

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I wonder if South Mornington will fall victims to the dreaded 'Chadstone Curse' this week - only SFX have won the week after playing Chaddy so far this season.

I just have to say, I'd heard stories over the last few years about South Mornington being more interested in playing the man than the ball, and going all the way down to Mt Martha for another flogging wasn't particularly appealing.

But it was nothing like that on Saturday. It was a tough, hard game of footy but fair play all around, in both games. Obviously a massive gulf in class but there are signs of improvement at Chaddy.

I did get cleaned up though in the end... by a teammate.

I just have to say, I'd heard stories over the last few years about South Mornington being more interested in playing the man than the ball, and going all the way down to Mt Martha for another flogging wasn't particularly appealing.

But it was nothing like that on Saturday. It was a tough, hard game of footy but fair play all around, in both games. Obviously a massive gulf in class but there are signs of improvement at Chaddy.

I played in a game where RC's reserves got beaten 220 - 0... v Hawthorn years ago. Still, got to play on Glenferrie Oval so that was a plus.

As predicted the dreary and miserable conditions that were laid out for the RCAFC and BHN boys appropriately tied in almost too well with the architecture and concrete blocks that engulfed the back drop of Elgar Park.

Whispers had the de - mister on high and the heater also on full in order to take in this middle of ladder encounter.

My 'Black Book' had 'Ruck Machine' highlighted as one to watch, mainly after his head wobble and spruiking that happened the days leading up to the match and I was impressed with his tap work. Fair to say he is in the Mark Blake mould...

Norfolk and Clue also receives a mention for his efforts in the conditions, and one could tell his days back in our Nations Capital had him well groomed for wet, windy and cold conditions.

Overall the game was well fought out and I am impressed with anyone that sports the short sleeves and size 36 shorts in those atrocious conditions. Special Mention to Number 23 and 83 from BHN. Pencil him in for a Big V jumper in 2011.

Top of the table match for the RCAFC boys and I hope to get out to Beaconsfield, pending this weeks petrol price spike. I havent seen SFX go around this week and if one of the scribes in this thread has some players to note and watch this Saturday it would be appreciated.

Hope this week produces a still and clear day for round 6, and that the suburb Whispers finds himself isnt as depressing as the one Whispers found himself last Saturday...

Whispers Out.

I wonder if the fact that G. Ryan is currently suspended had anything to do with the fact that there was no off the ball incidents ??

I wonder if the fact that G. Ryan is currently suspended had anything to do with the fact that there was no off the ball incidents ??

May i suggest that the accusations directed to players and naming them be restricted in a forum like this. It does nothing good for you , your club or the VAFA.

The reality might be that the culture at South Mornington is nothing like what is described in here and that those involved at the club including G Ryan have had enough of the slanderous comments being made.

Talk about how good the footy has been , how good the standard of D4 has become. How competetive games have been.

Some of the comments in this forum are just wrong, if you can not be positive about the competition we are in then dont comment.

Support your club by all means , but personal attacks on clubs and individuals like G Ryan are not fair.

May i suggest that the accusations directed to players and naming them be restricted in a forum like this. It does nothing good for you , your club or the VAFA.

The reality might be that the culture at South Mornington is nothing like what is described in here and that those involved at the club including G Ryan have had enough of the slanderous comments being made.

Talk about how good the footy has been , how good the standard of D4 has become. How competetive games have been.

Some of the comments in this forum are just wrong, if you can not be positive about the competition we are in then dont comment.

Support your club by all means , but personal attacks on clubs and individuals like G Ryan are not fair.

I agree mate but lets be honest, you're always gonna have people on here dropping names and slagging off because they can hide behind an alias.

So much has been said about SM but when I played them it was just normal hard footy.

A few big games this week thats for sure, every team from 2nd to 2nd last is fighting for a spot in the 4 and competition is extremely stronger than I thought it would be. Being the lowest division I thought it would be poor but it is not even close.

We have to travel down to beaconsfield on Saturday to play St Francis and I can tell you now we're up for a good show, would love nothing more than to topple the number one team.:thumbsu:

Don't get suspended and you won't have this problem

Chadstone v Point Cook - how you can tip against PC is beyond me, 25+ goals
Manningham v Box Hill -
St Francis Xavier v Richmond - easily.
Swinburne v South Mornington - good matchup, interesting to see who will be best placed to challenge the x-men.
Eley Park v North Brunswick - the fish bowl is a tough ground to play, but think brunny will romp it in 7 goals.

Chadstone v Point Cook - how you can tip against PC is beyond me, 25+ goals
Manningham v Box Hill -
St Francis Xavier v Richmond - easily.
Swinburne v South Mornington - good matchup, interesting to see who will be best placed to challenge the x-men.
Eley Park v North Brunswick - the fish bowl is a tough ground to play, but think brunny will romp it in 7 goals.

Chaddy v Point Cook- Closer game then you all might expect i think, Point Cook by 20 goals.
Manningham V Box Hill- BHN should win this game, Manningham's old coach knows the ground better then anyone so i think this will help the North Boys this week.
St Francis Xavier Vs Richmond- SFX by 10 goals.
Swinny V Sth Mornington- Upset i think this week, South Mornington in a close one.
Eley Park V Nth Brunny- Eley Park by 7-9 Goals, alot better then Nth Brunny at home.

Looks like D4 is really purring along!

I have been in Isreal on a religous sabatical, where the participants undertake 5 weeks in isolation from mainstream communication, amongst an abundance of life's other essentials.

It was great to return to civilisation to see a D4 comp that is as tight as a mouses ear:rolleyes:!

I see much of my early information to be correct, SFX burning up the early stages of the season, closely followed by the uni boys. Then it looks like we could throw a persian rug over the next 6 teams that make up what is an extended top 4.

Are SFX that good?

When will the uni boys get homesick and return home for some of mum's cooking?

The preseason track burners RAFC struck down by what could only be deemed as a 'plague' of injuries and BHN have obviously overtrained with their 3 sessions a week, to be in somewhat of a form slump. When will they strike?

SM, The Cobras , Sharks and NB would be looking to consolidate with a few consecutive wins before the break that honours the great impact the british leading lady has had on this land that is gurt by sea.

PC struggling and the scores against chaddy resemble a test match score.

And recruits??? what do we make of some of the names that have been mentioned on the forum pre season? The Bendigo boys at RAFC, the Orange ruffie at the UNi, the numerous WRFL stars that PC recruited??

Whispers, Norfolk, Big Waz and Ruck Machine updates?

Oh how good it will be roaming the suburban games shouting abuse and scoffing down 4 or 5 hot dogs in an afternoon.\

Peace. Love. Joy.

Looks like D4 is really purring along!

I have been in Isreal on a religous sabatical, where the participants undertake 5 weeks in isolation from mainstream communication, amongst an abundance of life's other essentials.

It was great to return to civilisation to see a D4 comp that is as tight as a mouses ear:rolleyes:!

I see much of my early information to be correct, SFX burning up the early stages of the season, closely followed by the uni boys. Then it looks like we could throw a persian rug over the next 6 teams that make up what is an extended top 4.

Are SFX that good?

When will the uni boys get homesick and return home for some of mum's cooking?

The preseason track burners RAFC struck down by what could only be deemed as a 'plague' of injuries and BHN have obviously overtrained with their 3 sessions a week, to be in somewhat of a form slump. When will they strike?

SM, The Cobras , Sharks and NB would be looking to consolidate with a few consecutive wins before the break that honours the great impact the british leading lady has had on this land that is gurt by sea.

PC struggling and the scores against chaddy resemble a test match score.

And recruits??? what do we make of some of the names that have been mentioned on the forum pre season? The Bendigo boys at RAFC, the Orange ruffie at the UNi, the numerous WRFL stars that PC recruited??

Whispers, Norfolk, Big Waz and Ruck Machine updates?

Oh how good it will be roaming the suburban games shouting abuse and scoffing down 4 or 5 hot dogs in an afternoon.\

Peace. Love. Joy.

Hear Hear!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back