D4 Division 4 Section 2011

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Chadstone V Point Cook, PC easily, was impressed with Chaddy last week, they never gave up in the ones or twos, PC by 140+... Manningham V BHN, Manningham have started the year slowly and I feel they will improve, but I have a feeling BHN are the more in form team, BHN by 22.. SFX V Richmond, If Richmond can play more consistently I reckon they could scrap in the four, SFX early flag favorite and so they should be on results, I think they will be too strong here at home, SFX by 45... Swinburne V South Mornington, My match of the round, We will find out more about the loser of this game than the winner, there's a good feeling around South at the moment even after our slowish start, I reckon if South get there run off half back going on the tiny Swinburne ground I think they will be too strong, South in a close game by 15... Eley Park V NB, NB have falling away after a strong start, Eley are a very strong team at home and play there ground well, Viola back out of the square is dangerous and they will be too strong for NB... Reserves: PC by 187, Mann by 23, SFX by 65, SM by 32, NB by 17

Looks like D4 is really purring along!

I have been in Isreal on a religous sabatical, where the participants undertake 5 weeks in isolation from mainstream communication, amongst an abundance of life's other essentials.

It was great to return to civilisation to see a D4 comp that is as tight as a mouses ear:rolleyes:!

I see much of my early information to be correct, SFX burning up the early stages of the season, closely followed by the uni boys. Then it looks like we could throw a persian rug over the next 6 teams that make up what is an extended top 4.

Are SFX that good?

When will the uni boys get homesick and return home for some of mum's cooking?

The preseason track burners RAFC struck down by what could only be deemed as a 'plague' of injuries and BHN have obviously overtrained with their 3 sessions a week, to be in somewhat of a form slump. When will they strike?

SM, The Cobras , Sharks and NB would be looking to consolidate with a few consecutive wins before the break that honours the great impact the british leading lady has had on this land that is gurt by sea.

PC struggling and the scores against chaddy resemble a test match score.

And recruits??? what do we make of some of the names that have been mentioned on the forum pre season? The Bendigo boys at RAFC, the Orange ruffie at the UNi, the numerous WRFL stars that PC recruited??

Whispers, Norfolk, Big Waz and Ruck Machine updates?

Oh how good it will be roaming the suburban games shouting abuse and scoffing down 4 or 5 hot dogs in an afternoon.\

Peace. Love. Joy.

Slurpee01.

Glad to read that your sabatical has gone well and you are back in town to witness that remaining bulk of the 2011 D4 Seniors matches.

I can provide you with some insights but again I think that the early predictions of the Uni Students and SFX leading the way were as accurate as a Lee Westwood 7 iron.

Whispers has had the State Squad for the lower sections of the VAFA placed in his pigeon holder and I must admit to the mono brow being raised on a few occasions. I have promised my friend at the VAFA headquarters that I would not reveal the squad at this stage; and on that note, special shout out to Jeremy Bourke who is exciling his Elsternwick office for the NFL, good riddance!

The Corolla ventured out to Beaconsfield, where the steering wheel- lock was firmly installed before the game. SFX Spencer was a dominate force and one to watch in the finals series when the contested marking aspect comes to the fore.

Whispers hears that Chadstone have actually managed to keep steady numbers at both trainings and with great reluctance I actually want to thank the 'witchers hats' for allowing the rest of D4 to have 3 byes this season, with the addition of 4 points.

Slurpee01 good to hear from you my old mate!

Whispers Out...

Maybe coach Zaraffa's influence was more pronounced down at the Cobra's than realised. His assistant coaching has been instrumental down at BHN in getting them to 2nd on the ladder and still improving.

I am sure coach Pezzimenti has the full the support of the commitee. Just like Zerafa had haha

The beating drums are starting to beat & the natives are getting restless.

Maybe they should play the kids :)[/quote]

Scores on the weekend show that Laurie was very instrumental. . .

What is happening at North Brunswick?

Seniors have lost 3 on the trot... and their all powerful reserves side have lost two in a row, which would be an unusual occurance at Allard Park.

Massive game for RC this week at home V Eley Park. We need a win to stay in touch with the top 4.

Scores on the weekend show that Laurie was very instrumental. . .[/quote]

Sideline,

Knock off SFX this week and then people will start talking.

I think there is a BIG gap between SFX and the 'rest' of the pack.

Scores on the weekend show that Laurie was very instrumental. . .
Knock off SFX this week and then people will start talking.[/quote]

Absolutely agree with what you've said here.

Different story when you raised your head above the parapet - you then got it shot off.

If you try to stir up shit then you've got to expect it to come back to bite you.

Anyway - you're dead right - if the Cobras want the rest of the comp to start & look at them as contenders it starts this week. I haven't seen many games this year, but have spoken to a few that have acknowledged how difficult it's been with so many new players around the place & a new coach.

I'm as interested as anyone to see how they go against a contender.

Knock off SFX this week and then people will start talking.

Absolutely agree with what you've said here.

Anyway - you're dead right - if the Cobras want the rest of the comp to start & look at them as contenders it starts this week. I haven't seen many games this year, but have spoken to a few that have acknowledged how difficult it's been with so many new players around the place & a new coach.

I'm as interested as anyone to see how they go against a contender.[/quote]

New players/coach no excuse. Plenty of teams have adapted to such changes and gone on to big things. Prahran in Div 3 a classic example. Heaps of new players and taking all before them.
Commitment and skill important ingredients. Perhaps Cobras need an injection of both.

Chadstone v Nth Brunswick - Looks like another winless season for the fashion capital. Great timing for NB to get back on track.

Richmond Central v Eley Park - Would be nice.

Manningham v SFX - Manningham will go down by a handful of goals. SFX midfield is too good.

Point Cook v South Mornington - Will be a close game, but its a loooong way for SM to travel.

Swinburne v Box Hill - BHN will go alright here, as their ground is similar to St James Park. Swinburne may have too much pace for them though.

I wonder if the fact that G. Ryan is currently suspended had anything to do with the fact that there was no off the ball incidents ??

Might not be the players that are the problem. Reports from Swinburn on Saturday are that the Sth Mornington coach got himself into a verbal and physical confrontation with a committee member from his own club during the the game on Saturday.

Can anybody from Sth Mornington or Swinburn confirm?

Whispers is looking forward to returning to the Gazebo this Saturday after 2 weeks of travelling to some of Melbournes more eclectic suburbs. Makes one feel more comfortable to know that infrastructure resources are being pulled back from these outer areas and focussed on developing Melbournes more habitiabel inner suburbs, in terms of curbing the population growth. But Ill save that for my blog...

Not half obvious to note that I am a RCAFC fan as of 2011 and considering Hummer21 'Dew Kicker', has just managed to cotton on this fact proves that un doubtly all others where aware of this many many weeks ago...

So that being cleared up, I can categorically make the statement that the boys from central land are preparing for the most crucial match of the season to date. Obviously, after last weeks game against SFX they know where the bench mark is and I hope that many lessons have been learnt and practiced before the next encounter with the Saints.

I invite any Eley Park regular posters' to reply with how their boys are preparing for this match, as essentially the winner stays well entrenched with the top 4 whilst for the team that comes up short at a little past 4.50pm this Saturday, they have the task of chasing that illusive 4 point defeciet for weeks to come.

The weather should be fine and thus Kevin's Reserve will be primed for a hard running and frantic game of Australian Rules.

Finally, credit due to the SFX boys for providing appropriate amendities out at their School. Always enjoy sitting down for Jame Hird in a cubicle that would of made the inmates of Christmas Island repulsed.

Whispers out...

Whispers is looking forward to returning to the Gazebo this Saturday after 2 weeks of travelling to some of Melbournes more eclectic suburbs. Makes one feel more comfortable to know that infrastructure resources are being pulled back from these outer areas and focussed on developing Melbournes more habitiabel inner suburbs, in terms of curbing the population growth. But Ill save that for my blog...

Not half obvious to note that I am a RCAFC fan as of 2011 and considering Hummer21 'Dew Kicker', has just managed to cotton on this fact proves that un doubtly all others where aware of this many many weeks ago...

So that being cleared up, I can categorically make the statement that the boys from central land are preparing for the most crucial match of the season to date. Obviously, after last weeks game against SFX they know where the bench mark is and I hope that many lessons have been learnt and practiced before the next encounter with the Saints.

I invite any Eley Park regular posters' to reply with how their boys are preparing for this match, as essentially the winner stays well entrenched with the top 4 whilst for the team that comes up short at a little past 4.50pm this Saturday, they have the task of chasing that illusive 4 point defeciet for weeks to come.

The weather should be fine and thus Kevin's Reserve will be primed for a hard running and frantic game of Australian Rules.

Finally, credit due to the SFX boys for providing appropriate amendities out at their School. Always enjoy sitting down for Jame Hird in a cubicle that would of made the inmates of Christmas Island repulsed.

Whispers out...
Whispers, have you ever noticed, that not once, have you ever received a reply to your time consuming rants. While some are undoubtedly impressed by your ability to use the thesaurus function on your computer and dedication to spending 2 hours putting together a post, most are not. I speak on behalf of the thread when I say shut the f*** up.

Swinburne Rules!

Coming from the man that actaully has had to replace the SHIFT, CTRL, F7 button on his T24 IBM thinkpad on several occasions due to its shortcut to the Thesaurus.

I look forward to reading another published report from yourself. Nothing better that sitting back and trawling through an over self narrated, similie driven article; makes my heart warm to know that Yorella gradutes are actually being encourage to dabble in "journalism".

In all seriousness drawing on an dull predictable analogy is just a touch repetitive for my personal liking. But as mention above, I give two enthusistic thumbs up to a person that has spent the better part of a decade chipping away at the largest HECS debt with no framed paper on his wall as a result.

Whispers Out.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Whispers, have you ever noticed, that not once, have you ever received a reply to your time consuming rants. While some are undoubtedly impressed by your ability to use the thesaurus function on your computer and dedication to spending 2 hours putting together a post, most are not. I speak on behalf of the thread when I say shut the f*** up.

Swinburne Rules!

Looks like you just replied to his "time consuming rants".

Swinburne Rules!

It beats working...

It must have taken some courage to send such a scathing reply, a characteristic i've heard isn't prominent in your genetic makeup.

While I applaud your efforts at standing up for yourself by mocking the honorary contributions that I put in, I'd advise reverting back to usual self - A timid boy sitting in the corner (both on and off the field), fearing retribution and silently plotting against all those that have caused you harm.

Speak next week Hummer21, always is interesting to hear about my genetic make up.

Probably go the long stops this week as I hear it will be bit greasy for the 9.30 am game this week.

Where is magic eye?

Tips This Week

North Brunswick to smash Chaddy by 25+ goals
Eley Park to sneak over the Centrals by 3 goals
St Francis Xavier to give Manningham a reality check to the tune of 11 goals
South Mornington to get their season back on track against Point Cook by 4 goals
Swinburne to emerge 5 goals clear of Box Hill

Reserves - NB, RC, SFX, SM, SU

Top 4 Predictions

Seniors

1. SFX
2. EP
3. SU
4. RC

Reserves

1. SM
2. SFX
3. RC
4. MC

Speak next week Hummer21, always is interesting to hear about my genetic make up.

Probably go the long stops this week as I hear it will be bit greasy for the 9.30 am game this week.

Where is magic eye?

Not the only make up linked to yourself Whispers but thats for the maybelline forum.

Love the banter on here this afternoon! Tips for this weekend

Chadstone V North Brunswick -100 points. Nothing really needs to be said, just hope the shoppers become more competitive.

Richmond Central V Eley Park - 20 points. Hope we bounce back from our defeat to the Wolverine, Cyclops, Storm and the other X-Men.

Manningham Cobras V St Francis Xavier - 55 points. Above mentioned individuals to shine again and show why they are the team to beat.

Point Cook V South Mornington - 30 points. Discussions were had about cutting the travel distance and playing this game in Manangatang but it fell through. South Mornington to beat the travel bug!

Swinburne Uni V Box Hill North - 15 points. I can only go by what I have seen, the students impressed me more than those Box Hill North. However if someone from BHN can explain to me what was going on with the black skinned chickens I saw at Box Hill Centro Markets the other day that'd be great! That shit was just wack!!

Round 7 Tips

Chadstone vs North Brunswick - NB by 16 goals
Richmond Central vs Eley Park - EP by 1 goal
Manningham vs St Francis Xavier - SFX by 8 goals
Point Cook vs South Mornington - SM by 1 goal
Swinburne vs Box Hill North - BHN by 1 goal

Reserves: NB, RC, SFX, SM, BHN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back