Do we want to keep Chris?

To Keep or Not To Keep

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

I love Chris, so yeah, but if we get an offer along the likes of Schammer and pick 13, I would probably not be worrying. Chris' year has been plagued with dillema's, and Collingwood is in need of a quick midfielder. Maybe it's for the best, so no answer.

Lonie_from_50 said:
I love Chris, so yeah, but if we get an offer along the likes of Schammer and pick 13, I would probably not be worrying. Chris' year has been plagued with dillema's, and Collingwood is in need of a quick midfielder. Maybe it's for the best, so no answer.

You do not trade a key forward for a midfielder, unless it is someone remotely close to Judd.

Keep him. If he wants to stay. Sometimes troubled forwards, which Chris is, can turn their form around quickly alla Fevola this year.
Midfielders with pace will be found. What's harder to find is footballers with real, genuine talent and grunt which Tarrant has.
Sort out that wayward kicking at goal and you'll be one of the best forward in the game again Chris....hopefully at Collingwood.

To the people who are saying 'Yes", why do you want to keep Tarrant - a player who has produced probably two good years out of his 9 at the club, a the expense of securing another 1st Round draft pick in a super draft?

I was a Tarrant supporter for a long time, but this year confirmed that we will only come close to winning a premiership if we can add skill and pace to our midfield. Tarrant's off field behaviour this year attracted so much attention from the media that it distracted the team and we really didnt recover. We may all remember our brave effort against Adelaide straight after it happened, but the real effect of the saga was the following Friday night against Essendon; the game that cost us a top 4 position and any home of winning an unlikely flag.

His time really has come. We saw enough of Rusling this year to give us hope that he can be our go-to full forward, and Travis Cloke needs more certainty about his role. This is THE year to trade him. For once we're the seller and not the buyer, and sellers always win at the trade table.

you idiot sheehan said:
To the people who are saying 'Yes", why do you want to keep Tarrant - a player who has produced probably two good years out of his 9 at the club, a the expense of securing another 1st Round draft pick in a super draft?

I was a Tarrant supporter for a long time, but this year confirmed that we will only come close to winning a premiership if we can add skill and pace to our midfield. Tarrant's off field behaviour this year attracted so much attention from the media that it distracted the team and we really didnt recover. We may all remember our brave effort against Adelaide straight after it happened, but the real effect of the saga was the following Friday night against Essendon; the game that cost us a top 4 position and any home of winning an unlikely flag.

His time really has come. We saw enough of Rusling this year to give us hope that he can be our go-to full forward, and Travis Cloke needs more certainty about his role. This is THE year to trade him. For once we're the seller and not the buyer, and sellers always win at the trade table.

People forget how good Tarrant could be. He needs guidance, someone to straighten him out and work on his off field dealings and football in general.
If Tarrant gets his head right I have no doubts he will be back playing the footy we expect of him.

you idiot sheehan said:

Good post,

and CT, I know where you're coming from, but I think that if the right thing is on the table then we should take it. YIS summed it up perfectly with our back-ups for Tarrant. Yes he is an AA player, but he is disappointing more than he is superb. If we feel a pacy, developed and even expereinced midfielder plus a first round pick in the super draft, it may be fantastic that it happened.

Personally, i don't care what happens, but I am on both sides here.

YES

Are we going to get pick 16 and another Andrew Williams for Taz. Pick 16 will probably end up like Richie Cole or Danny Roach, Danny Morrison

Keep Taz use pick 10 pick 28 and 44 pass on 60 and look upgrading a rookie like Cox.

We should let Walker, Hall, Rowe and Yakka go. Plus the two retirees

We need to replace the bottom 5 or 6 not players out of the top ten

However I think we have been conned by the Media again and Taz will be lost. Just like Williams, Michael, Davis and for that Matter Sav. But when they were elsewhere they became greats all of a sudden.

I can hear Drew Morphet already saying "Gee Tarrant was never that good at Collingwood they must have been nuts to let him go"

Yes I would love to keep him, but if it is an offer we cannot refuse, then theres your answer. There is no doubt that he will be an absolute gun next year at another club. A change of environment will do that for him. Who knows what can happen. But main thing you should remember is that we are getting 2 under 21-22yo players for a 26yo who has dominated ONE season and shown potential in others.

We don't need Tarrant when we have...

Rusling2.jpg

Rusling1.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

you idiot sheehan said:

Exactly right

Definately keep Tazza
But Play tazza on a wing Rusling is much better at full forward all by himself.
Who is going to stop him on a lead
Tazza would love to run the wings and not have the pressure of having to kick goals

FadeAway said:
Keep Tarrant!!! For god sake!!!!

Forward line of the future once rocca retires...

Rusling Tarrant T.Cloke

i like it!
If Rusling and Cloke develop as they should then we won't need Tarrant there. Would be better suited with a smaller forward. Based on potential something like this, without Rocca:

Thomas Rusling Davis
Cox Cloke Didak

You would obviously be asking a lot based on potential. So I wouldn't be averse to keeping Tarrant. But you wonder if in a couple years we are wondering why we didn't take another chance for ourselves to snap up one of the many superstars that are likely to come out of this draft, not to mention possibly a player who could help add a new dimension to our midfield we desperately need.

The answer has to be conditional on the offer. If the offer is good, take it. The other thing I don't think we can really worry about, is what Taz does in the future. You can't guarantee he was going to do anything at Collingwood. If he goes, forget him. He becomes irrelevant to us and we need to concentrate on what we get for him. Williams and Sav are an example of what I'm getting at. They performed quite well after they were moved on, but that doesn't necessarily mean they would have performed at Collingwood, where both were quite stagnant.

The Fevola argument is also rubbish imo. Even when Fevola's attitude was crap, he could still kick a footy, something Taz struggles with regardless of his attitude. (Which isn't as bad as some people like to state imo)

Pedro said:
The answer has to be conditional on the offer. If the offer is good, take it. The other thing I don't think we can really worry about, is what Taz does in the future. You can't guarantee he was going to do anything at Collingwood. If he goes, forget him. He becomes irrelevant to us and we need to concentrate on what we get for him. Williams and Sav are an example of what I'm getting at. They performed quite well after they were moved on, but that doesn't necessarily mean they would have performed at Collingwood, where both were quite stagnant.

The Fevola argument is also rubbish imo. Even when Fevola's attitude was crap, he could still kick a footy, something Taz struggles with regardless of his attitude. (Which isn't as bad as some people like to state imo)
Taz is one of the few players i know that if he misses the first kick in a game he is off for the rest of the game. Im sick of praying like crazy that his first kick in a game will be a goal and his confidence will be there for the rest of the day

The_New_Recruit said:
Keep Tazz.

If traded, I guarantee it will come and bite us real hard.

Bookmark it.

:cool:

Yeah I completely agree!

OMG can you imagine Clement lining up on Taz... that would be a contest and a half!! (providing taz has fired up of course)

Remove this Banner Ad

Do we want to keep Chris?

Back