MRP / Trib. Dockers shock as Sylvia faces month-long ban

Remove this Banner Ad

If it was a punch he would have been cited for striking. "Rough Conduct" suggests a head high bump, similar to what Pavlich got done for last year.

It was the below incident. It's hilarious that an intentional bump to the head of the tallest man in the AFL is dismissed yet a perfect bump with an accidental clash of heads is given two weeks.

View attachment 51604

That's worth 4 weeks if you play for the wrong team.

Just one of the many incidents occurring this year that will show how badly Fyfe was shafted.

Well done Sylvia, good to see you're still a selfish dickhead. Get it together, because at the moment you're genuinely robbing our club of money. Get him training hard, doing hundreds of laps, that should get him fitter.

Since Fyfe was rubbed out there's been 3-4 incidents of similar severity if not worse that were either thrown straight out or not even cited in the first place, really hard not to feel aggrieved as **** over this. Howlett simply has to be given weeks.

It is worth remembering riteo, that the Match Review Panel does not have a Match Review process or any Match Review activities.

They are only given the opportunity to review incidents that are given to them. They have no power to bring an incident into review unless it is referred to them.

They are therefore not responsible for the full range of inconsistency that some people think. They may be of the opinion that there were worse incidents in the match - but that is outside their control. They can only respond to the incidents referred to them.

The term "Match Review Panel" gives people a false impression that there is a degree of thoroughness and objectivity that is clearly not there. And that is reinforced by the results.

I have several times called for the tribunal and MRP to be replaced with a chook wheel. I am deathly serious. It is instant, it is fair, there can be no suspicions. And the results would correlate with fairness no less than the current system.

So if he's out for 4 and Walters is worst case have we scraped the barrel with our stock of forwards at the moment?

Gumbleton ages away, Bradley a while off and Mayne no certainty...

It is worth remembering riteo, that the Match Review Panel does not have a Match Review process or any Match Review activities.

They are only given the opportunity to review incidents that are given to them. They have no power to bring an incident into review unless it is referred to them.

Can you explain this further? Who does the referring? Someone (?? yoong ) posted here previously that there were about six different sources for referral but I can't remember who they were. Surely at least someone involved in the process of referring watches tapes of every game??

Just saw the footage on channel 7 - he's 'wing punched' a guy 30 m off the ball after copping a little bump from opponent . Looks bad, contact with elbow to head from what u can see and the guy drops like a sack of spuds.
Col is surfing for the next few weekends, might get to see a bit of our great state while on his mini break

Disappointing for sure, but frankly at the moment, I would be more disappointed if he was getting a game ahead of Simpson, Sheridan or Mora let alone anyone that has been playing in the team regularly.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Can you explain this further? Who does the referring? Someone (?? yoong ) posted here previously that there were about six different sources for referral but I can't remember who they were. Surely at least someone involved in the process of referring watches tapes of every game??

don't think so.
my source is this
http://www.aflcommunityclub.com.au/...aws_of_the_Game/0959_AFL_Tribunal_2013_LR.PDF

Reports are made by Umpires only.
Referral is from the following people
-Umpires
-Umpires’ Observer
-Umpires’ Manager
-AFL General Manager – Football Operations
-Club CEO
-Match Review Panel video review (all matches reviewed)

based on the last point, we would thought that there is someone watching all the matches on video. But it didn't elaborate how this works.
However, MRP have also admitted in one of their videos that they don't watch all the matches, only those that are referred to them.

Hard to tell what he did from that footage. He needs to be given a bit of slack. Sonson couldn't abide by the rules, the Yalgoo flash found it tough, Sylvia could be next to graduate from the RTB school of hard knocks.

Geez looks just like my guess but instead of guts/rib it looks like head.
So its even worse.
That is the crap we want out of our game.
Not the Fyfe ACCIDENT.
Guessing that guy said something or has been mouthing off all game, can see Silvia run over and bump into him then goes whack.
4 weeks for that is soft.
Punches to gut/rib flooring guys way off the ball is dirty and needs to be 3-4weeks to get rid of it.
Punch or elbow to head whatever this was is disgraceful 6 weeks.

There has been a spot in the team for him since round 1 all he needed to do was put in the effort.
He is best 22 with his mind on the job and giving it 100%.
Wouldn't surprise me if he doesn't get a game this year after this rubbish.

Merrett should of got 3-4.
Lucky the ball was around the area.
Dirty crap completely off the ball where no contact or accidental contact should happen should be treated with harsher penalties.

Geez looks just like my guess but instead of guts/rib it looks like head.
So its even worse.
That is the crap we want out of our game.
Not the Fyfe ACCIDENT.
Guessing that guy said something or has been mouthing off all game, can see Silvia run over and bump into him then goes whack.
4 weeks for that is soft.
Punches to gut/rib flooring guys way off the ball is dirty and needs to be 3-4weeks to get rid of it.
Punch or elbow to head whatever this was is disgraceful 6 weeks.

There has been a spot in the team for him since round 1 all he needed to do was put in the effort.
He is best 22 with his mind on the job and giving it 100%.
Wouldn't surprise me if he doesn't get a game this year after this rubbish.

Merrett should of got 3-4.
Lucky the ball was around the area.
Dirty crap completely off the ball where no contact or accidental contact should happen should be treated with harsher penalties.

I'd love to see Sylvia tear it up and perform. But, after this, you'd have to think that his career is at the cross roads. He may never play AFL again.

don't think so.
my source is this
http://www.aflcommunityclub.com.au/...aws_of_the_Game/0959_AFL_Tribunal_2013_LR.PDF

Reports are made by Umpires only.
Referral is from the following people
-Umpires
-Umpires’ Observer
-Umpires’ Manager
-AFL General Manager – Football Operations
-Club CEO
-Match Review Panel video review (all matches reviewed)

based on the last point, we would thought that there is someone watching all the matches on video. But it didn't elaborate how this works.
However, MRP have also admitted in one of their videos that they don't watch all the matches, only those that are referred to them.

Will hunt around for the source. It was about September last year that they revealed that the MRP review a series of incidents given to them in a list collated by Football Operations. They do not sit there and review the matches in entirety. That would be 27 hours of television and they only meet for a couple of hours on a monday.

Remove this Banner Ad

MRP / Trib. Dockers shock as Sylvia faces month-long ban

Remove this Banner Ad

Back