Does Thursday Night Football Work?

Thursday Night footy?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Monday night footy is great if your watching at home on tv. If you go to the game your rooted all week. Going to a game on Thursday night, at least you can just limp through Friday, but you do miss watching Life on the Dole.

Looking forward to the Port Thursday games coming up. Going to Sydney so got time off work and took the Friday off the day following the Collingwood game here in Adelaide.

I'd love to watch a game every night of the week on tv. Fri night, Sat arvo & Sun arvo for my attendance at the game only though.

Thursday night better than Sunday night. Thursday, there's only one more work day day after until the weekend. Not everyone might go to work on a Friday or not worry about it as much.

Adelaide Oval have been getting good attendances especially when Hawks go there, so this is actually good scheduling for a change and it makes sense. Even if there were 9 games this week(end), this would have left one less game to clash, with a congested Saturday schedule.

Freo's next home game is next Thursday night. Not a fan. I do have the option not to go, of course, but why would you not when you support your team and have paid for the seats for the season?? So I'll go. But I don't like it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

People hate change. If it's a choice between a 4.15pm Saturday game that no one will watch, or a Thursday night, give me the Thursday night every day of the week. Especially on Thursdays

I like it but for some reason it didn't feel right not being on the weekend. Kind of like celebrating a friends birthday on another day.

The night now has weekend vibe to it. I had to remind myself its only thursday.

Friday is going to be a long day

6 a year max and they shouldn't be on the bye weekends and they should be in place of Sunday 4:40's. Combined with WA taking a good chunk of the Sunday 4:40's it should remove a lot of them from the middle of the year where no one wants to be going to footy in Melbourne (or Adelaide/Sydney or anywhere else really) on a cold, dark Sunday evening.

1 - First game of the year
1 - Easter Thursday (if that doesn't clash with the first game of the year/prior to the season)
1 or 2 in SA
1 or 2 in WA
Possibly 1 in Geelong but I'm not sold on that with travel for so many getting to the cattery
Possibly 1 in NSW/QLD

Remove this Banner Ad

Does Thursday Night Football Work?

Back