Does Thursday Night Football Work?

Thursday Night footy?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

They could do it regularly by either having 2 Melbourne teams both coming off a 5 day break or the travelling team getting the extra day break. Also limit it to 1 home per club and no more than 2 away games for the year. And have it as a replacement for the 4.40 Sunday game.

Two nationally televised stand alone games for the free to air network instead of one? It is only a matter of time before Thursday night games are as ingrained in the fixture as those on Friday and Saturday night.

National dollar = Victorian dollar.

Both Fremantle and West Coast are wealthy compared to other clubs and are not in a position where we need to push for thursday night football matches which possibly disadvantage the people attending our matches.
How does a club become wealthy? Membership and sponsorship in the main. If you think WCE with their capped membership are content to limit themselves with local sponsorship opportunities you are kidding yourself.

Two nationally televised stand alone games for the free to air network instead of one? It is only a matter of time before Thursday night games are as ingrained in the fixture as those on Friday and Saturday night.

will require TWO Friday Night games each week too to maintain the 6 day breaks
a third of the round would be over before the weekend proper even starts

Find it slightly intrusive, but not too bad as long as my club's not playing.

If Thursday nights are deemed "successful", reckon they'll have another crack at Mondays and progress down the road to a seven day merry-go-round. I can remember some suited schmuck claiming we'd love Monday night footy because Americans do.

Find it slightly intrusive, but not too bad as long as my club's not playing.

If Thursday nights are deemed "successful", reckon they'll have another crack at Mondays and progress down the road to a seven day merry-go-round. I can remember some suited schmuck claiming we'd love Monday night footy because Americans do.

Monday Night Football isn't even the number one time slot in the NFL any more. It's Sunday Night.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Don't speak to soon, won't be long beofre the AFL flog it to the masses and we'll have Carlton playing Thurday night matches every second week.
God i hope not.
We play Richmond in a couple of weeks on a Friday night which is bad enough.

Remove this Banner Ad

Does Thursday Night Football Work?

Back