Review Dogs 107 defeated Suns 59

Remove this Banner Ad

SMITH%20Clay.png

This guy walks past and slaps your significant other on the ass, what do you do?
Get very pissed off. after all my devotion, AND the fact that i have a better ass... *flustered*

We don't know how bad Stringer is yet, but most of us that watched were frustrated with the 2nd half
Yeh, skills were ordinary but we smashed them everywhere else. It's a bit windier up there than it appears on tv, hot, exhausting.

He has hurt his AC joint by the looks. I have done both left and right. Unless it's a grade 3-4(it wasn't - they stick out), he may miss a week I would guess

Jake doesn't appear to play with injuries very well though...1st final last year for example.

Stevens Smith Jong and Wallis with their best games for the season. Bont Picken Wood and Boyd great as always

Clay is made for finals footy. Absolute animal at the contest and exactly what was missing from our forward line(along with the 2nd tall)

Only negative I have tonight are our finishing, Tom lynch constantly getting mismatches/out the back and the Strinnger injury

Boyd played well. Did what was asked of him in the first half and a few nice things in the second. Keen to let him loose against the Saints next weekend under the roof.

Dunkley is just so super aware of his surroundings. Kicking is a little bit iffy, but I don't think it's a huge deal, he just gets under the ball a little bit too much. Got a special one there.

Clay is a freakin psycho. I love the guy. He's a bully out there and they really seem to fear him. He's returned with a better kick and a proper forward craft; if not for some rotten luck he could have another 60-70 games under his belt. There's a lot left in him.

"Better without Libba," spare me. Gold Coast's midfield was trash, and have we looked at the midfield minutes this year? Libba isn't exactly hogging all the time in there.

Liked Biggs' willingness to get his hands dirty. Have long had him marked as a bit of a softie, and the stakes were low today, but it's a good sign.

Job done, well in lads. RS nom for Dunks, flaming bag of dogshit for Barrett, and onto the Saints next week. Go Dogs.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Clay Smith an absolute beast since coming back. Toyd showed enough, couple of nice grabs and a goal. Stringers shoulder a concern.

Still missing a reliable key defender, Roberts is hopeless. Dickson struggled early but got better as the game went on.

Anyone would think we played at full strength given the way Derm and Lynch carried on about the Suns injuries all night. I think they might have forgotten about Libba, Adams, Dahl, McLean (Crameri and Murphy too). Bloody annoying all night

I was more than happy with Boyd tonight. Greasy conditions don't suit his kind but his ruck work was more than acceptable, took a couple of great marks and kicked one.

Obviously better suited for drier conditions and I thought (despite reds goal kicking tonight), they worked fairly well.

Bit of a nothing game. They were too undermanned to be competitive, we didn't really put them to the sword and an 8 goal win was probably fair. Missed opportunity to bang on some percentage after getting 7 goals up at half time.

Not much to say about the game, hope Stringer isn't hurt too bad. He is one we can't afford to lose with a few big games coming up. Clay Smith was brilliant and could've easily kicked six. He's just a freak when the ball hits the ground, that play where he won the first ball out of the pack and then ran down to be the next target and knocked May off the ball and won the handball was unbelievable. Has been a very handy addition to our forward line.

Boyd was alright I thought, if anything he probably spent a bit too much time in the ruck imo. Took a few good marks in the second half and kicked a good goal. Today wasn't really a good indication if the forward line would work out, they had a number of awful turnovers coming out of defense, and we ended up finding a lot of space inside forward 50. Looking forward to next week to see how well it functions.

Of the others, Stevens and Bont were probably our best two through the middle and the team defence I thought was really good after quarter time.

Remove this Banner Ad

Review Dogs 107 defeated Suns 59

Remove this Banner Ad

Back