Review Dogs 110 thrash Demons 59

Remove this Banner Ad

Im happy to put up with the wonky goal kicking as long as we are keeping teams to an average of 52 points as we have for the last month as the team has gone into a higher gear.
Off the top of my head we have averaged 30+ shots at goal the last 4 weeks, that is nuts.

Great win,
Can't help but think that vanders and McNeil are both limited skills wise ,but utterly annoying obstacles for the opposition...a pair of killer witches hats !
It's getting to the point of Benny Hill music when they attempt to goal, I'm loving it !
Bucks explained their roles during the post-game. They are vital cogs in the wheel. Interesting.

The crowd went crazy when Buku marked in the last seconds drowned out the siren
I loved it too, especially when he started high fiving the crowd instead of going back to the game before the siren rang!

After that Port game I was dreading the month ahead.

Carlton, Geelong, Sydney, Melbourne.

To say I’m pleasantly surprised at how we’ve gone against them is understatement.

What amazing form we are in.

The only problem tonight was the goal kicking (what else is new)

I’m too superstitious to make any predictions, but geez - we’re dangerous.

Let’s keep it going.

Off the top of my head we have averaged 30+ shots at goal the last 4 weeks, that is nuts.
We currently have 6 players who have kicked 24 goals or more.

The spread and return that we are getting from our side is nuttier than squirrel shit.

Tom McDonald should get a please explain from the AFL and a fine for his pissweak whinging and petulance tonight. That was embarrassing, almost as embarrassing as every Melbourne player who attempted to engage in a contest with Bont. My god he was just unbeatable. They need to start counting his knockons taps and physicality as possessions and score assists. He knows exactly where to push the ball to advantage in every contest he wins.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
In the past that whining and bitching would have gotten 50 metre penalty against him, it was retro round after all, and should have been paid.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The win against Carlton was really good. I think I said it was the best win since the 21' prelim. But we've topped it 3 weeks in a row. I can't believe how dominant our last 3 wins have been given the opposition. It should have been a combined 200-250 pts. I've got the faith back that they aren't going to let one slip. They're going to show up for 4 qtrs for the rest of the year & not fall into the trap of believing the hype. I honestly think we can only beat outselves now.

Has there been a bigger drop off from a player than Clayton Oliver? I known there are reasons behind it but it's staggering how far off his best he is. What a contract to carry.

what did he say in detail?
It’s about creating spaces for the forwards and mids to enter and score from. Their speed and positioning enables them to do that. I think that’s the gist of what he said. He was complimentary towards them.

Geez the Bullies play exciting footy. Such an attractive brand of football and irrepressible at the moment. It seems you are getting stronger by the week.
Since the Pies aren’t winning it this year, I hope Treloar becomes a Premiership player. I’d be really happy for him. (And for Bevo).

Has there been a bigger drop off from a player than Clayton Oliver? I known there are reasons behind it but it's staggering how far off his best he is. What a contract to carry.

Wodaboutme? It isn't fair. WOD. ABOUT. ME!!!

27e6e1794497c6bd79ed289c7efbb7c0

Last edited:
Could never really warm to the line " We'll come out smiling, if we win or lose. " If we lost, I wanted us to come out with a bit of mongrel, not smiling. Don't play that song again.

Yes it’s way too nice, but I loved it tonight. Also if you’re old enough to remember after We’ll come out smiling if we win or lose. Everyone would yell out We win !!
Unfortunately it seemed no one around me remembered that part 🤪

The Footscray chant on the member’s wing was beautiful and louder than usual.
I didn’t realise how invested I was in the name Footscray and it seemed many others were too.

Well I loved Retro Round, and so many old jumpers, scarves and jackets in the crowd.
I found my old Footscray Bulldogs scarf to wear. It might have to come out more often

Think it depends on if he ever regains his best form, but its hard to think of a bigger drop off in recent times, especially one that wasn't the cause of a serious injury. He's only 27 so still has time but clearly his headspace isn't quite right still and could probably do with a fresh start elsewhere.

Cripps had a big drop off in 2020/21 (not anywhere near this level of downfall) where it looked like his body was letting him down and he's bounced back to have three of his better seasons.

Remove this Banner Ad

Review Dogs 110 thrash Demons 59

Remove this Banner Ad

Back