Dogs 2016 vs Lions 2024 - who had the better run

Who had the better premiership run between Brisbane 2024 and Bulldogs 2016

• Western Bulldogs 2016

Votes: 8 30.8%
  • Brisbane Lions 2024

Votes: 18 69.2%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

I feel like the “aura” of making/winning from outside the 4 now isn’t what it was in 2016. This year was also extremely close I don’t think anyone could say with confidence Brisbane were the fifth best team in it.

Having said that winning 3 interstate finals on the run is extremely impressive

I feel like the “aura” of making/winning from outside the 4 now isn’t what it was in 2016. This year was also extremely close I don’t think anyone could say with confidence Brisbane were the fifth best team in it.

First time since 1998?

Edit: Covid years notwithstanding.

Dogs had the biggest umpiring armchair ride in history.

What Brisbane did this year was unprecedented. They also started the season 0-3.

This is a silly thread, Dogs without a question. Lions made the grand final LAST year and lost it by five points, Dogs hadn't been in a grand final in god knows how long and they were the away team every match. Lions have also been building for years while the Dogs lost their elimination final in 2015, and from 2010 to 2014 they didn't even make finals. Dogs really did come from nowhere to win it.

This is a silly thread, Dogs without a question. Lions made the grand final LAST year and lost it by five points, Dogs hadn't been in a grand final in god knows how long and they were the away team every match. Lions have also been building for years while the Dogs lost their elimination final in 2015, and from 2010 to 2014 they didn't even make finals. Dogs really did come from nowhere to win it.

I believe the intent is to compare the season, not the build-up.

Lions had to do the triple-travel.

Dogs travelled twice, and had a cozy game at the G in between those two.

Lions in the context of being 2-5 and riddled with season-ending injuries, and then 44 and 25 down in consecutive away finals…

… we were dead and buried more than once.

Brisbane Lions were 2-5 after the first seven rounds of the season. They then went on to be 16-3 & one draw for their next 20 games. Impressive. Very good.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

In my opinion it is one of the greatest seasons I have seen for a team in terms of the pathway to the Premiership win and also taking into account their injury list too - it was a big injury list and they still got the job done. Well done Brisbane, 2-5 after the first seven games and then for the next 20 games: 16-3 & 1 draw.

Seriously...amazing effort.

Remove this Banner Ad

Dogs 2016 vs Lions 2024 - who had the better run

Back