Opinion Dogs and Horses - The Racing Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Geez it’s a roll of the dice isn’t it.
It's hard to appreciate what's involved in that sort of rehab and whether it's even worth the risk......and the money.

He spent 6 weeks in a box after surgery. No yard, no nothing. And they're animals that want to run. The day they let him out into the yard (not a big yard) for the first day after his 6 week confinement was the most nerve wracking experience. He ran straight at the rails (stopped fortunately), bucked and kicked and carried on like a lunatic for about 15 minutes. It was a release for him ... it was torture for those watching🤣

I used to go to the trots at Moonee Valley after our matches in the 70s. My Form 4 students got me interested. They're probably looking after their grandkids now. Won $20 on Sunray for my first $1 bet. Gambolling is easy.

On SM-A135F using BigFooty.com mobile app

It's hard to appreciate what's involved in that sort of rehab and whether it's even worth the risk......and the money.

He spent 6 weeks in a box after surgery. No yard, no nothing. And they're animals that want to run. The day they let him out into the yard (not a big yard) for the first day after his 6 week confinement was the most nerve wracking experience. He ran straight at the rails (stopped fortunately), bucked and kicked and carried on like a lunatic for about 15 minutes. It was a release for him ... it was torture for those watching🤣

We’ve had a couple come through for tendon or ligament rehab and it sure can be a dicey process. Just getting into the box to muck it out can feel like having a death wish sometimes if they’ve been on box rest for quite some time - colts especially 😅

Having to lead them anywhere after they’ve been on box or box-sized yard rest for a while can certainly be a bit Wild West too. Livin la vida loca 😂

I used to go to the trots at Moonee Valley after our matches in the 70s. My Form 4 students got me interested. They're probably looking after their grandkids now. Won $20 on Sunray for my first $1 bet. Gambolling is easy.

On SM-A135F using BigFooty.com mobile app
I don't really have an interest in harness racing but I do have an association with a particularly famous pacer.

When I was a kid, we lived on a farm and I had a pony ... as you do when you live on a farm. My pony had a room/paddock mate and his name was Cardigan Bay.

Turns out he was quite famous. You Americans in particular loved him. We used to get bus loads of people coming to see him.

I have been a centrefold once in my life (that I'm admitting to) and it was in an American trotting magazine with Cardigan Bay.

Hard to follow the nags as much these days from QLD. Loved my time at Flemington in the late 90s early 2000s

Got a few tips on the go. Will share shortly
I generally don't follow the Qld racing ... except for May. Have been burned too many times ... and WA ... I was in Perth the day they carried Rocket Racer off the track:openmouth: .. anything goes!

Hard to beat a good day at HQ

Had bit to do with some Dundeel’s, they can be hot buggers !
Dundeel himself had/has pretty good manners from what I understand but a keen competitor on the track. High Chapparal was such a fierce competitor it's perhaps not surprising that it comes through the line.

Those good ones have a very competitive streak. I always found that interesting as competitiveness is something we typically associate with people. But some horses want to win. They're the ones you want to own ... if only they could talk 🤣

Any early Melb cup roughies I can chuck a few bucks on in the hope they firm up nicely by November? :D

Remove this Banner Ad

Opinion Dogs and Horses - The Racing Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back