Opinion Dogs and Horses - The Racing Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Not the way I bet Harold. I'm that stupid all up multi guy who selects 6 horses, finds 5 winners and a second (or a 4th if I've had it for a place):rolleyes: and doesn't collect on anything.
That canā€™t be youā€¦.thats meā€¦.multi up 6 horses at big odds for a collect of $234567 and go out in the first leg

No no no mate , everyoneā€™s in awe of you blokes.
Industry wide , we all have huge respect and admiration for what you guys do šŸ‘

By the way it wasnā€™t you that pranged the gates at Kilmore the other day was it šŸ˜œ
Definitely not. We donā€™t move the gates. It was the clubā€™s workers.

That canā€™t be youā€¦.thats meā€¦.multi up 6 horses at big odds for a collect of $234567 and go out in the first leg
I love that about multis though. I had 4 green ticks and things were looking pretty exciting. 5th leg 4th so of course the 6th won. My payout was gonna be around the 30k mark so obviously a little disappointed but there's always next Saturday.

I'll keep doing it. I'll never change. It's 5 bucks here and there and it's a puzzle that's difficult to solve. I solved it once on a 4 leg multi with a 30 to 1 shot in the second leg. Good times

Last edited:
But isnā€™t the purpose of going to the races being able to watch the races ?
It used to beā€¦.its why I stopped going in the very early 00s.

Trying. To watch the races from the steps at Flemington with young dickheads pushing their way through, not even interested in the races. Topping it off, was the $85 to get in the gate To be crammed in with 120k others.

Debacle

Now the ****heads donā€™t even wear socks

Do you work at the yearling sales seaweed ?
You blokes are definitely the unsung heroes of the sport šŸ‘šŸ‘šŸ‘
I think seaweed is the lone female ranger here.

Donā€™t we just have a 5 leg multi then. You did all that work, imagine if those 5 won and you werenā€™t on. Then you have a 4 leg multi or try to find something else to put in.
And so on down the line šŸ¤Ŗ

How about we all put our biggest missā€¦

While Iā€™ve missed a few decent quaddies over the journey, none were as triggering as this one.

I was on holidays from work as a young bloke in the middle of winter and it was before the days of punting on your phone or the internet. I headed down to the Tabba for a Wednesday Sandown meeting.

Perusing the big white sheets on the wall, I saw the first leg was a first start maiden.

Cutting to the chase, I had 6 in the first leg, including a filly of Danny Obriens called Leone Chiara (she became notorious), 3 in the second leg, 2 in the third including Mick Prices Evil Master and I took the raging $2 fave in the last Tru Glo, I think from the Freedman yard wearing the red, purple sash silks.

There was no flexi betting in those days so I invested my $18 for 50%

I headed home and completely forgot about my bet. The day rolled on and at some point, I realised the quaddie was running. By this stage, two legs had run, and the third was about to go.

I checked the results and just about fell down deadā€¦Leonie had got up at $45, the second leg saluted at $18 and I had two bets in the third, the fav and Evil. Evil bolted in at $10ā€¦.so here I was with a live 50% quaddie ticket going into the last leg with the hot pot one out. Danny Lickadick on board, it was in to $1.80. The approximates were saying $78k for the full unit.

I was sweating bulletsā€¦.couldn't sit stillā€¦.for the whole 40 mins between races

The race ran and Tru GLO hit the front 200m out and was travellingā€¦.

100m out still in front

At the post Daren ****ing Gauchi, the quaddie killer, down the outside, nosed me out on a $10 pop.

Quaddie paid $150k

And somehow I kept punting

**** YOU GAUCHI!

(I have another Gauchi story, it Iā€™ll save it til I hear some of yours)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Opinion Dogs and Horses - The Racing Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back