Autopsy Dogs apparently NOT out coached again... but still find a way to lose 78 v 73

Remove this Banner Ad

Good sides don't give up 6 goal leads.

Waiting for the inevitable "we didn't stick to our structures" garbage in the presser.

The problem is they do stick to their structures. They play suicidally high when all they need to do is drop a bit deeper and ensure they don't get massively exposed.

You die a hero or live long enough to become the villain. Unfortunately that time has come, and it has come like a freight train. I can't believe the enmity I have for him now, if you'd told me this in 2016 I wouldn't have believed it. He and the broader administration are destroying the chances of this club, and probably its best ever player, of contending deep in September any time soon.

A game that we well and truly pissed away.

We dominated the first quarter, yet left 2 or 3 goals extra out there. It is a common theme that we absolutely dominate the game for a good part early, but it doesn't translate to enough damage on the scoreboard. JUH kicking into his man was the worst, and a couple of posters. Or we make poor decisions inside 50 where instead of taking the shot, we kill the play with a poor handball, or choosing a poor option etc.

When we do dominate for a quarter and a bit attack and ball movement wise. We vanish. We looked good in the first quarter, and the back end of the second quarter, but we did sweet f all in between for the rest of the game. Common theme this season number two.

We blow a lead and have teams run all over the top of us, which has happened a fair few times in third quarters this year. It is like we mentally switch off at half time. Common theme this year number three.

We defend the field well early, then revert back to letting teams go coast to coast with unmanned player, after unmanned players. Theme four.

Tired of seeing the same issues manifest, and not be addressed week after week.

Easy to blame the defensive side for pissing away the lead, but we cannot sustain scoreboard pressure ever. Teams get the run on, because we can't turn the tide and keep them at a distance. Scoring goals kills momentum.

Third quarter, we pressed everyone too high, and paid the price on turnovers. Tactically we stuck with it, despite it clearly hurting us. Coaches and Captains needed to pull their heads out their ass and react. We should have focused on slowing the game down, protect the lead, build up our attacks. Not high risk turnover ridden footy.

We need Jones back badly next week. Really need to draft a young man on man defender, and bring in a ready made one in the offseason. Gardner gets exposed when he has to be accountable, and not play his cushy "just punch the ball away and let Keath and Bruce defend" role.

Whole midfield went to sleep in the second half. We lost the dominance.

Giants had much more run in their legs than we did. But we were only one short on the bench. Just annoying how we did not play with any urgency like the best teams do. Where is the pressure? The tackling? Smart of them to tap a lot of high balls in marking contests, forward or to an unmanned team mate. They wanted to keep the ball alive and moving as much as possible.

We have no pace out wide, once the handball goes over the top, we are chasing from behind immediately.

Probably the most frustrating loss all season.

Last edited:
Eurgh, Dogs v Geelong at KP in a what will inevitably end up an extra qualifying final.

With this defense.

On SM-S916B using BigFooty.com mobile app
If a loss means we get a change of coach I could seriously be tempted to barrack for Ge … 🤮.

No I don’t think even then. But it would be line ball.

We do fantastic when everything goes our way. The minute we lose a player or the opposition make a change we are left chasing tail, absolutely no plan B.
This is something I’ve noticed for the last couple years now. It extends to umpiring too - we get two or three poor/questionable calls, and the frustration turns to hopelessness. Our best is as good or better than anyone, but it comes with little resilience

I don’t give a rat’s what Aaron wants, he had to go back like the North game for a half.
Marra, Lobb & Cody should have been trusted with the forward line in this sort of game.

The problem is they do stick to their structures. They play suicidally high when all they need to do is drop a bit deeper and ensure they don't get massively exposed.

You die a hero or live long enough to become the villain. Unfortunately that time has come, and it has come like a freight train. I can't believe the enmity I have for him now, if you'd told me this in 2016 I wouldn't have believed it. He and the broader administration are destroying the chances of this club, and probably its best ever player, of contending deep in September any time soon.
Yeah, I agree they did.

I'm just used to Bevo churning out the same old excuses, and that's one of the usual ones...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Toxic and imo wrong thread title. A good judge of the coaches in this game and it’s prep was the excellent first half. This is what happened:

1.We came out and were on top. Excellent forward pressure. Prevented their intercept game, defence alright on repeat entries.

2. After our second key defender was injured due to one of many filthy plays by the excellent Toby Greene, it all went south.

3. Lobb moved back and played fine. BUT these are the effects of having to do that:

• brought their intercept game into it
  • the intercepts lead to the goals on the break which is hard to prevent even if it’s not your team weakness (but it is ours)
  • English less rest. He fought manfully despite that. But that’s how they got on top in the guts.
  • down a rotation, everyone was cooked

Yes, we missed our shots. We fumbled a few. Not coaching errors.

We couldn’t really chip it around because we were physically shot.

When you have an alright look at the sticks to win the game which we did, you weren’t out coached. Especially when all that goes against you. We were brutally unlucky and GWS are a very good team I respect a lot.

There are always things you can do better in a game of footy and we’ll rue that.

But I am proud of the boys and have no gripe with Bevo in this game.

Keep your head up lads. You have my support.
It’s the sum of a million parts though. How many massive leads have we lost under Bevo? How many games where we have allowed run ons? Whether the errors are his or not, he clearly can’t get the best out of the players any more and that’s on him.

We are going to waste year after a year with this coach and his crappy panel of assistants. The players don't look fit enough to compete against the better teams. Beveridge has lost all capacity to motivate the players. And his gameday strategies are horrible.

This is going to be a sad next couple of years for us

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk

He is not going anywhere.

He said a few weeks ago pre-game he has a burning desire to coach for a long time.

So now it's up to the club to show some backbone before the club slides further into irrelevance.

I've never seen so many of our supporters ever before who simply have given up caring because of the way we play - that should terrify the club.

Also another giant f off to Healy in the commentary box.

This is something I’ve noticed for the last couple years now. It extends to umpiring too - we get two or three poor/questionable calls, and the frustration turns to hopelessness. Our best is as good or better than anyone, but it comes with little resilience

....so they can take the club psychologist with them when they're packing up too!

Let's get Josh Carr in or another fwd thinking coach. Our game plan is outdated

I don’t give a rat’s what Aaron wants, he had to go back like the North game for a half.
Marra, Lobb & Cody should have been trusted with the forward line in this sort of game.
Or back in Williams, Cleary and Poulter to play Taller if we wanted to hold the forward structure. Literally anything other then lobb full back

Yes, we missed our shots. We fumbled a few. Not coaching errors.

35 points up early in the 3rd to kick 1 goal with the breeze in the last and lose by 5pts. At a time where every win from here is crucial is not only disappointing but a reflection on where the team is.

Too much reliance on risky football with a high press saw them kick a match winning 6 goals in the 3rd. No change to the game plan was evident even within the last minute of the 3rd they were still playing the deep forward press. That’s a coaching instruction

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Dogs apparently NOT out coached again... but still find a way to lose 78 v 73

Remove this Banner Ad

Back