Autopsy Dogs apparently NOT out coached again... but still find a way to lose 78 v 73

Remove this Banner Ad

Toxic and imo wrong thread title. A good judge of the coaches in this game and it’s prep was the excellent first half. This is what happened:

1.We came out and were on top. Excellent forward pressure. Prevented their intercept game, defence alright on repeat entries.

2. After our second key defender was injured due to one of many filthy plays by the excellent Toby Greene, it all went south.

3. Lobb moved back and played fine. BUT these are the effects of having to do that:

• brought their intercept game into it
  • the intercepts lead to the goals on the break which is hard to prevent even if it’s not your team weakness (but it is ours)
  • English less rest. He fought manfully despite that. But that’s how they got on top in the guts.
  • down a rotation, everyone was cooked

Yes, we missed our shots. We fumbled a few. Not coaching errors.

We couldn’t really chip it around because we were physically shot.

When you have an alright look at the sticks to win the game which we did, you weren’t out coached. Especially when all that goes against you. We were brutally unlucky and GWS are a very good team I respect a lot.

There are always things you can do better in a game of footy and we’ll rue that.

But I am proud of the boys and have no gripe with Bevo in this game.

Keep your head up lads. You have my support.

Brother we lose the same way every game. You have to make adjustments and deal with these things. The giants aren’t a dynasty team they barely have a FF. They’re a decent team but not very good without Hogan and Green by any stretch. If a coach can’t implement anything to try and stem the flow and the answer is to put Lobb back when you have Naugton, it’s laughable. This is purely coaching.

Obviously there are other reasons we lost but accepting mediocrity shouldn’t be the way.

You just had to weather the third quarter minimise the loss of Bruce by putting Naughton back, even have a winger roll back and be loose behind the ball.
But what does the smartest bloke on the planet do. Puts lobb back gives the defence no support and has them continue to push high up the ground leaving space behind for them to use their pace.

Beveridge is a motivator not a coach and he can’t even motivate anymore cause the players aren’t buying what he’s selling
I watched Lobb for a bit. Slow as treacle and couldn’t tackle (didn’t even chase) unless the bloke is flat footed right beside him.

One trick pony who might have his uses but not on Toby F Green FFS.

I'm finally over this Jekyll and Hyde bullshit.
The second half was diabolical.
Once the other mob get a couple of quick goals and start jumping about you know it's game over.
It was nearly game over for my remote.
Beveridge looks like a stunned mullet.
Richmond, Hawthorn and whoever else we play will be smacking their lips at the prospect.
West Coast will be feverish with anticipation.
What a depressing result.

So where are all the Gardner fans? His positioning was amateur today.

He’s just a battler isn’t he. His “good performances” are really just what should be considered the norm for an AFL key back. No shame in being a battler, there are plenty in the comp but if we’re serious about winning a flag he should be back-up.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Toxic and imo wrong thread title. A good judge of the coaches in this game and it’s prep was the excellent first half. This is what happened:

1.We came out and were on top. Excellent forward pressure. Prevented their intercept game, defence alright on repeat entries.

2. After our second key defender was injured due to one of many filthy plays by the excellent Toby Greene, it all went south.

3. Lobb moved back and played fine. BUT these are the effects of having to do that:

• brought their intercept game into it
  • the intercepts lead to the goals on the break which is hard to prevent even if it’s not your team weakness (but it is ours)
  • English less rest. He fought manfully despite that. But that’s how they got on top in the guts.
  • down a rotation, everyone was cooked

Yes, we missed our shots. We fumbled a few. Not coaching errors.

We couldn’t really chip it around because we were physically shot.

When you have an alright look at the sticks to win the game which we did, you weren’t out coached. Especially when all that goes against you. We were brutally unlucky and GWS are a very good team I respect a lot.

There are always things you can do better in a game of footy and we’ll rue that.

But I am proud of the boys and have no gripe with Bevo in this game.

Keep your head up lads. You have my support.
thanks Dr Phil our side and the whole club at the moment is Average end of story

On CPH2305 using BigFooty.com mobile app

We can't keep relying on him every week and it certainly wasn't the reason we lost but Bont was very quiet after QT...

Bontempelli - Q1
13 disposals (69% efficiency)
5 contested possessions
1 clearance
42 ranking points

Bontempelli - Q2-Q4
14 disposals (50% efficiency)
12 contested possessions
6 clearances
60 ranking points

IF Naughton goes back, the assumptionat the time is we don't kick a score to win. We would be boned either way. The change to make was the game plan and to ease off the zone so our mids could help out better.

Fitness huge issue - lack of mid rotations today and throughout the season.

And never allow a spare in the last 2 mins when trying to win the game.

Dale outstanding
Naughton going back when we had the two injuries wouldn't have helped much when Toby Greene was getting separation on his opponents and turning the game on its head in the 3rd. GWS needed to be stopped steaming out of our forward line and driving through the middle of the ground, like it was a game of checkers. We are decidedly ill equiped to do this. Our small forwards dont/didn't offer enough pressure after the 1st qtr and our mids cannot transition or cover the ground quickly enough to do anything about it. its why we press so hard at the contest and around the ball. Because the coaches understand that once the ball gets wide and into space then we're ****ed.

That was disgraceful

It makes me sick Gardy will now be gifted another couple weeks due to lack of defensive stocks I’d prefer we roll the dice on Busslinger

How does Vandermeer play ahead of west or Cleary? What does he actually offer to the side other than a slight burst of speed..

Another wasted year again are we any danger of getting some actual coaches and fitness staff in at the end of the season?

Absolute joke

No worse player has played 50+ AFL games. Its not his fault Bevo chooses to pick him each week. Its a reflection of the mediocrity he accepts.

How he didnt put Naughton back today shows what a stubborn little campaigner he is too. Self pride over the best for the team....

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Liam Jones...Jones...calling Liam Jones

Feel so sorry for Bruce. He was in such good form in 2021 and now two ACL injuries and his career is potentially over. Great servant to the club and hope we look after him well
If Bruce retires then the club should hire him as our new forwards coach

Two key players down and players missing shots from 10-15 metres out? That is nothing to do with coachng.

S#!+ thread title I'm sorry.

The Giants smalls got out the back and kicked them back in the 3rd. Shit coaching to not address it and drop the players back. Especially when they were defending a breeze. Instead he threw one of the tallest man on the list whose never played full back before on one of the Giants that kicked a bag in a quarter.

Naughton going back when we had the two injuries wouldn't have helped much when Toby Greene was getting separation on his opponents and turning the game on its head in the 3rd. GWS needed to be stopped steaming out of our forward line and driving through the middle of the ground, like it was a game of checkers. We are decidedly ill equiped to do this. Our small forwards dont/didn't offer enough pressure after the 1st qtr and our mids cannot transition or cover the ground quickly enough to do anything about it. its why we press so hard at the contest and around the ball. Because the coaches understand that once the ball gets wide and into space then we're ****ed.
:think: Are we the only 2 people on this board who have this view?

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Dogs apparently NOT out coached again... but still find a way to lose 78 v 73

Remove this Banner Ad

Back