Game Day DOGS v FREO 6.10pm - Finals or Bust, All or Nothing.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
If the game was at Metricon (where it should have been played given we have only had 8 home games vs Freo’s 10) I’d be very confident.

Cairns and the conditions bring an unknown element.

as per usual the game will he won and lost in the midfield

Fortunately it looks like conditions will be as good as they can be for Cairns at this time of year, compared to the other games this year it's looking like it will less windy and no rain.

Scoring has been an issue in Cairns this year with the left of screen end being favoured heavily and accuracy at the ground is well below league average.

Scoring
Left of Screen (Mann St End): 29.32 (61 Scores)
Right of Screen (Mulgrave Rd End): 14.17 (31 Scores)

Goal Accuracy
Shots: 110
Goals: 43
Behinds: 42
No Score: 25

Accuracy: 39.1% (League Average: 46.6%)

I’m confident about this game, Fremantle are a decent team and have been building the past few weeks but think we’re stronger than them. Last year we were in the same situation for the past few rounds and showed that we had the composure to take the opportunity and think we’ll handle the pressure again.

The other thing that doesn’t have me stressing is that if we don’t win, I don’t think we deserve to be playing finals and won’t be too upset about missing.

It bothers me regardless of who is winning and regardless of who is playing. The commentary teams at both Fox and Seven are absolute dog sh*t and need to be better. Gary Lyon knows less about the modern game than your average bigfooty poster. I watch a lot of NRL and in my opinion the commentary is heaps better.

Edit: There are some AFL commentators whom I enjoy listening to. Hudson, Richo and Riewoldt are all pretty good. I like Luke Hodge's special comments. I don't like those guys any more or any less when we are losing.

Special comments should be emphasised a lot more from broadcasters IMO. Love hearing about the tactical side of things from blokes who really understand the game. Beats hearing about players haircuts, Bruce dribbling shit and BT trying to be the star of the show.

Doesn't have a effect on the result of the game only on the watchability

Personally don’t notice the commentary on our games but do notice people complain about it when we lose, much like the umpiring.

Only commentator i cannot listen to anymore is Bruce. He is a parody of himself now and ruins any game of any team he is on.

Last edited:
With the commentary, it doesn’t bother me too much. Pretty much tune them out anyway. I like Huddo and Dunstall but the rest are pretty ordinary. Basil and Hamish are by far the two worst.

The whole footy media analysis needs work too. Was flicking through the channels and saw Footy Classified on the other night and Ross Lyon was about to do some analysis for a few games and I thought it could be worth a look. It was the St Kilda and GWS game and his analysis was that the Giants midfield needed to play well and St Kilda’s rucks needed to play well to stifle the GWS midfield. Was disappointed, they just say what the average punter would say. Jono Brown on Fox is no better.

With the commentary, it doesn’t bother me too much. Pretty much tune them out anyway. I like Huddo and Dunstall but the rest are pretty ordinary. Basil and Hamish are by far the two worst
I've liked the addition of ross Lyon to commentary always keeps things football related and adds alot of info in terms of strategies and player management

I've liked the addition of ross Lyon to commentary always keeps things football related and adds alot of info in terms of strategies and player management

I haven’t heard much of him to be fair but if he’s adding more insight about strategies it is great. Too much of commentary in the AFL and in the cricket is just blokes being blokes and thinking they’re great, which is why Ricky Ponting is 10x the commentator than anyone else is in cricket.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

LOL, remove the outliers (I'm looking at you Caleb) and we're probably 2cm taller.
I just don't know how long we can persist with him. Surely he's up for trade. If he's not causing arguments about whether he should be forward or back, he's compromising our average height figures. I'm done him DW. &^%$ 'm off back back Adelaide. Should get a 4th rounder.

Good luck today doggies!
I'm pretty conflicted. You guys are my second team, would rather you boys take on the the Eagles week one as you'd get that job done imo. Hate the dees they don't deserve it..we're a better outfit than them.

Love to win, but wouldn't be disappointed in an honourable loss.

By 22 points!

I just don't know how long we can persist with him. Surely he's up for trade. If he's not causing arguments about whether he should be forward or back, he's compromising our average height figures. I'm done him DW. &^%$ 'm off back back Adelaide. Should get a 4th rounder.
At 168cm and 72kg he's a veritable colossus beside that other Caleb who might well win the final stage of the TdF tonight in Paris. Ewan is only 165cm and 67kg.

That's him, no taller than the handmaids despite standing on the podium. Explosive sprinter though.
1600580646391.png

What is it about being called Caleb? Does it mean "shortarse" in Hebrew?

At 168cm and 72kg he's a veritable colossus beside that other Caleb who might well win the final stage of the TdF tonight in Paris. Ewan is only 165cm and 67kg.

That's him, no taller than the handmaids despite standing on the podium. Explosive sprinter though.
View attachment 966048

What is it about being called Caleb? Does it mean "shortarse" in Hebrew?
Yes. Yes it does.

Does he of TDF fame wear a special helmet too?

Not that I'm aware of. I remember hearing about a "sounds of the game only" feature but I don't think it was ever implemented. I would much prefer to hear the sounds of the game than have to watch on mute.
They had it during the first incarnation of FoxFooty but it proved too popular!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back