Game Day Dogs vs Pies @ Moe Saturday 10 March

Remove this Banner Ad

One of us ? Mupp Dougie is on the same level as Bokonon and the like as far as I’m concerned.
Absolute peanut !!!

Why cause he has differing opinions to yours ?

He isnt the only one in the world that has those opinions.

I do t agree with all of his opinions yet I think his judgments are far far closer to reality than the majority of optimists on this board.

It annoys me to no end hearing blind, uneducated and one eyed optimism - but I dont go abusing those people - well I do my best not to.

Everyone is entitled to an opinion. That’s what forums are for

Why keep playing non ruckman as ruckman?
Why do we still not have a cohesive forward line?
Why play a nature defender forward?
Why do blokes continue to get chances they do no deserve?

We played Jong, Bont, and Dunkley in the ruck in 2016. Hell even our designated ruck in Roughie isn't a traditional ruck (not focused on winning hitouts and instead looks to defend opposing rucks and be a marking presence around the ground), and his backup in 2016 was a young guy we paid big bucks for that was supposed to be a generational power forward. But something very, very critical happened after 2016: Because the premiers took advantage of a rule, they changed it, so 3rd man up was removed. That was huge. We got away with a subpar ruck situation because we used that rule to give us a leg up in the middle. They took it away and the game shifts back towards the importance of 1v1 ruck contests. Firstly our list doesn't even have a dominant ruck, but secondly, our game plan is also incredibly dependent on versatility. It's why Minson wasn't in Bevo's good graces, and Campbell isn't now. Now we can't just sit back and complain about the rule being changed without doing anything...But this is just how Bev's plan is. No lumbering guys that are going to be a liability everywhere else on the ground, particularly when your plan hinges on being able to apply as much pressure as possible and also having guys who can take intercept marks. A healthy Roughead goes a long way towards this. He goes down, which happens reasonably often, and due to our lack of talls like him, we start seeing non-ideal ruck contests.

We also didn't have a "cohesive" forward line. It was a ragtag assortment of Zaine Cordy, Picken and Dickson, with features from various other mids. Again, it was a case of this versatility paying off, being able to apply pressure while not being a liability in other parts of the ground. Being able to rest mids in the forward line also helps with rotations.

We played Zaine Cordy forward in the finals and it worked out ok. I think the logic behind doing something like that is pretty sound, considering the deficiencies of our list in terms of disposal accuracy, we need to generate as many shots on goal as we can, and hope we get a fair few more than the other team. Which is what we did. Playing a defensive forward helps with that. I don't think Easton is the right move for this at all, though. Cordy again, or literally anyone other than our captain who we need steering a brand new looking defensive cohort, would be better. But again, it's preseason. We may never see Easton up forward for more than 10 minutes in a single game again. We don't know, and we can only wait and see in round 1.

As for blokes getting chances they don't deserve...Firstly that's pretty subjective. But none of us really know the rationale behind some selections. Honey is generally horrible when he has the ball in hand, but last season he ranked pretty well in the team in goal assists, tackles and contested possessions. Stuff you'd want from a defensive small forward. Jong has similar disposal issues, but provides a physical point of difference from every other mid we have. It comes down to the overall accuracy of the team disposal-wise against things like increased pressure, marking ability, whatever it may be. It ties into the issue of bombing it in and how many poor disposal guys we can afford to carry on the team, however. We have high accumulators - particularly Dahl, JJ and Hunter, but also others - that don't think before they kick. So you could probably argue that because those guys are too important to what we do in other areas, we should be surrounding them with good decision makers. Instead, outside of Bont, CD and Macrae, our collective decision making is really, really bad. Personally, I'd consider maybe playing one guy like Jong or Honeychurch. Ideally, not both. But we don't have a whole bunch of flashy outside mids ready to come in and take their place. It's probably why we're trying guys like Bailey Dale in the middle.

Spoken like a dumb, bellicose narcisist.

I ask again, what qualifies you to judge the whole football department of our club?

Why are you especially equipped to make critical, sweeping critiques of our football department? I presume you think Bevo is a below par too do you?

What is your football background? What experiences have you had in the real football world as opposed to keyboard heroics and ego trips?

Once again, you piss a lot of people off with your faux aggro alpha male posturings. Many would like you gone.
Don't take MD too seriously. Deep down in his subconscious mind of his that Jong was a really good player yesterday. Would not be surprised if he plays. He was very solid yesterday, tough, aggressive at the ball and kicked a goal.

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app

M...
Defensive pressure and intensity are a state of collective mind. I hope this year that aspect is raised to elite levels as there is enough talent to go far on the back of it. We did in 2016 and the Tiges did last year. With equalization it is becoming the differentiator.

Perhaps that sustained level of intensity can't be generated every year. It was there in 2015 and 2016, not in 2017. It's the difference between finishing outside the 8 and winning a premiership.

I have some concerns with the team heading into this season, I’m not judging that concern on two preseason matches, judging it on the last 12 months or so.

I honestly think we have a best 22 capable of making finals but I don’t think they are being given every chance to succeed atm.

Now Bev has been amazing for this club and this post is in no way a get rid of Bev type post, his first two years everything he did and touched turned to gold and we got the ultimate. Although the last 12 months there have been so baffling selections, omissions and structuring most games. I get the feeling he is trying to inovate too much and be to flexible/unpredictable and it’s not allowing players to succeed.

A huge issue last year was kpf forwards tearing us apart, Cordy and Adams didn’t have the height and at times strength to go with them we recruit Trengove and he is being used as a ruck forward and opposition kpf still man handle us. (Cox, Roughead could of had plenty if he kicked straight, made shoenmakers look like a decent player).

We refuse to play a kpf who stays forward so why did we recruit schache? We constantly have Jong/Dunkley etc playing out of the square when we have a tendancy to bomb long.

Wood playing forward when he’s our best intercept defender and reads the play extremely well and generally goes third man up in a contest and get a fist in which if we are determined to use Trengove forward ruck we need that. Adams naughton wood as intercepting defenders would be pretty potent.

Honeychurch continues to play and there is no doubt this guy has heart and chases and pressures opposition but he just isn’t up to afl level football in strength or skill.

We seem to be playing so many players out of position and just aren’t giving them the chance to succeed. I just think Bev needs to get back to basics a bit pick the best player in each position and stop squeezing guys in the team out of position.

Now I know that I’ll cop crap for this post as it seems to be blasphemy to criticise Bev but they are my thoughts and I think Bev is a great coach but he has seemed to try to be too cute with his structures and positioning the last 12 months

I concur with some of your concerns - not others. Schache was a punt - no more. Maybe he works out maybe he doesn't. He was conveniently available when we were tearing ourselves apart over losing Stringer. Picking up Schache mitigated the hysteria - and whilst he may be a chance to come good - I doubt Bev considered it much more than remote. These two preseason games would have confirmed that.

Similarly, I think like Ace Cordy - Honeychurch got his chance these last two practice games to show what he can do. I will be surprised if he is not in the VFL for the remainder of the season barring multiple injuries - he is now simply depth.

My concerns are where is Boyd and Clay Smith? - who many would have in their best 22. Maybe they are both sore - I don't know but surely they are ahead of Schache and Honeychurch in Bevs thinking. And similarly, where is Wallis? I think most of us would rather have seen Wallis play then Honey.

Where I disagree with you is the forward set-up. Plonking an immobile tall up forward and hoping for the best is history. Good luck to Collingwood - I suspect the first quarter yesterday is indicative of how that will work during the season not the last three quarters played in 33 degree heat. If a tall forward line was ever going to work it was in the second half yesterday as players melted in the heat.

The Wood experiment has probably failed as a permanent fixture but it could come in handy in the middle of a few tight games in season.

Lastly, I am going to suspend my selection concerns and figure that Bev is viewing the season as a marathon not a sprint. Smith and Boyd will be in his plans and Wallis will be given his chance.

On the positive side - In Trengrove we have picked up a durable and mobile ruck who really adds to the way we play. Crozier - whilst not setting the world on fire - has been solid. Naughton looks a champ in the making. Liber is back and don't underestimate how important that is to this side. The Bont is our match winner and having Liber in full flight will reduce the pressure on him significantly. Liber's vision is second only to the Bont. McClean will strengthen the midfield, Macrae is again better, Dalh looks committed and up and about. Biggs was more than solid last week. Dunkley is showing signs of his 2016 form.

There are concerns but there is a bit to be optimistic about too.

Losing yesterday was the best thing for us - it gives the coach loads of deficiencies to highlight and get their collective minds focused on GWS.

Whats everyones thoughts pn Bevo not coachong at all through the JLT? Is there a reason for this?

I find this arrogant, look i love Bevo and certainly not turning against him or the team, but after 2017 this year is huge.

Im not sure you can look too much in to these results particularly if the coach doesnt even have the reins. But this is my concern. Practice matches are there to get the team used to the pressure and feel the bumps etc. This goes for the coaches too, an opportunity to try things on the run and in spme ways put yourself under game day pressures.

Im confident we can turn it around this year, but my confidence may also be hope.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
I think bevo's job is also designed to train other coaches. Nothing wrong. Good practice imo.

Can we hold a democratic vote on whether or not to remove MD from this board? He is our equivalent of Mitch Honeychurch. Just ****s everything up.
images (12).jpeg

Ps - and I'm still yet to see Md post anything approaching some of the shit I've seen here, such as offensively posting about rooting another poster's wife so - but here you are...:thumbsu:

Steven King, or was it Stephen King?

To put how important the results of preseason games are into some perspective...

In 2017, the Cleveland Browns went 4-0 in the preseason. The Browns then went 0-16 during the regular season.
One of them scripted something of nightmares and horror. The other one is an author.

Whats everyones thoughts pn Bevo not coachong at all through the JLT? Is there a reason for this?

I find this arrogant, look i love Bevo and certainly not turning against him or the team, but after 2017 this year is huge.

Im not sure you can look too much in to these results particularly if the coach doesnt even have the reins. But this is my concern. Practice matches are there to get the team used to the pressure and feel the bumps etc. This goes for the coaches too, an opportunity to try things on the run and in spme ways put yourself under game day pressures.

Im confident we can turn it around this year, but my confidence may also be hope.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

I don’t rate it but at same time he’s in the box there with them and I guarantee you yesterday he had plenty to say during the game.

I'll admit that I post a lot of stupid crap and sometimes I go a bit too far, but this never happened.

Bullshit - the post was in reference to Pann's wife and was removed quickly and you got rubbed out. I clearly remember it because it was one of the two or three posts I've ever reported. Other than embarassment or being medicated, I cant explain why you deny this.

IDGAF about it and havent brought it up but I'll make the exception when I see you cheerlleading a mob with pitchforks squealing to ban someone.

Carry on.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bullshit - the post was in reference to Pann's wife and was removed quickly and you got rubbed out. I clearly remember it because it was one of the two or three posts I've ever reported. Other than embarassment or being medicated, I cant explain why you deny this.

IDGAF about it and havent brought it up but I'll make the exception when I see you cheerlleading a mob with pitchforks squealing to ban someone.

Carry on.

I love this forum.

The liars and fakes get caught out everytime and I too find it “amusing” when some call for me to be banned.

Ps I’m sure those people missed the insults they have directed at me(last two pages and not that I care) but cry foul when I call them such a horrible name as “lemming”

If I called them what I actually think of them I would be banned :)

Don't take MD too seriously. Deep down in his subconscious mind of his that Jong was a really good player yesterday. Would not be surprised if he plays. He was very solid yesterday, tough, aggressive at the ball and kicked a goal.

Do you actually think any of the others see how your world class fishing works???

Keep dangling that bait mate I love your work lol

Why cause he has differing opinions to yours ?

He isnt the only one in the world that has those opinions.

I do t agree with all of his opinions yet I think his judgments are far far closer to reality than the majority of optimists on this board.

It annoys me to no end hearing blind, uneducated and one eyed optimism - but I dont go abusing those people - well I do my best not to.

Everyone is entitled to an opinion. That’s what forums are for

Who said anything about disagreeing with his opinions ?
Wouldn’t be many on here that have the exact same opinions as each other so not agreeing with Muppet Dougie is irrelevant
Carrying on like a ******** at every opportunity however is more irritating than an itch in the arse crack.

Going through other club threads you quickly realise how sad and negative some of the posters on our board are and MD is on top of the dung heap with quiet a few sniffing his arse from below.

I don’t wear rose coloured glasses but prefer to think things through before spewing hate towards the club I support unlike others.

We played Jong, Bont, and Dunkley in the ruck in 2016. Hell even our designated ruck in Roughie isn't a traditional ruck (not focused on winning hitouts and instead looks to defend opposing rucks and be a marking presence around the ground), and his backup in 2016 was a young guy we paid big bucks for that was supposed to be a generational power forward. But something very, very critical happened after 2016: Because the premiers took advantage of a rule, they changed it, so 3rd man up was removed. That was huge. We got away with a subpar ruck situation because we used that rule to give us a leg up in the middle. They took it away and the game shifts back towards the importance of 1v1 ruck contests. Firstly our list doesn't even have a dominant ruck, but secondly, our game plan is also incredibly dependent on versatility. It's why Minson wasn't in Bevo's good graces, and Campbell isn't now. Now we can't just sit back and complain about the rule being changed without doing anything...But this is just how Bev's plan is. No lumbering guys that are going to be a liability everywhere else on the ground, particularly when your plan hinges on being able to apply as much pressure as possible and also having guys who can take intercept marks. A healthy Roughead goes a long way towards this. He goes down, which happens reasonably often, and due to our lack of talls like him, we start seeing non-ideal ruck contests.

We also didn't have a "cohesive" forward line. It was a ragtag assortment of Zaine Cordy, Picken and Dickson, with features from various other mids. Again, it was a case of this versatility paying off, being able to apply pressure while not being a liability in other parts of the ground. Being able to rest mids in the forward line also helps with rotations.

We played Zaine Cordy forward in the finals and it worked out ok. I think the logic behind doing something like that is pretty sound, considering the deficiencies of our list in terms of disposal accuracy, we need to generate as many shots on goal as we can, and hope we get a fair few more than the other team. Which is what we did. Playing a defensive forward helps with that. I don't think Easton is the right move for this at all, though. Cordy again, or literally anyone other than our captain who we need steering a brand new looking defensive cohort, would be better. But again, it's preseason. We may never see Easton up forward for more than 10 minutes in a single game again. We don't know, and we can only wait and see in round 1.

As for blokes getting chances they don't deserve...Firstly that's pretty subjective. But none of us really know the rationale behind some selections. Honey is generally horrible when he has the ball in hand, but last season he ranked pretty well in the team in goal assists, tackles and contested possessions. Stuff you'd want from a defensive small forward. Jong has similar disposal issues, but provides a physical point of difference from every other mid we have. It comes down to the overall accuracy of the team disposal-wise against things like increased pressure, marking ability, whatever it may be. It ties into the issue of bombing it in and how many poor disposal guys we can afford to carry on the team, however. We have high accumulators - particularly Dahl, JJ and Hunter, but also others - that don't think before they kick. So you could probably argue that because those guys are too important to what we do in other areas, we should be surrounding them with good decision makers. Instead, outside of Bont, CD and Macrae, our collective decision making is really, really bad. Personally, I'd consider maybe playing one guy like Jong or Honeychurch. Ideally, not both. But we don't have a whole bunch of flashy outside mids ready to come in and take their place. It's probably why we're trying guys like Bailey Dale in the middle.

Thank you for your response.

2016 was a light year away in footy terms.

We must adjust or keep going backwards

Few too many meltdowns for a pre season game. I guess they all now believe Watts will win the Coleman now too? Wait till round one peeps. We’ll be hitting GWS as hard as we can.
The Jack Watts (all up)
Coleman Medal- Jack Watts
Brownlow Medal- Jack Watts
Cox Plate- Jack Watts
Melbourne Cup- Jack Watts
Best Actress Oscar 2019- Jack Watts

Us closet Jack Watts fans get excited by JLT glory
not to mention Ports first AFLX captain.

Bet responsibly, if at all.;)

Dude, having started your account in 2015 - you may have missed a lot of the previous fireworks. There are a lot of us here who have had shit fights amongst each other and MD may be the club house leader. All of what you are saying re MD has been said before - many many many times.
No doubt he is weird as are many of us - we express our passion in different ways. No doubt at some point large numbers of posters have been angry with him and at other times with me. Its just who we are. After all the warring, I and I think many of us love the dick and his annoying pessimism, his obsessive hate of Jong and heaven knows what else.

Each of us adds something different and whilst there will be posts which annoy - you will find many posts where MD is amusing and dare I say informative too.

This off season has been particularly dull, many closed training sessions, remote located practice matches and the training pictures and player profiles from the club have also dropped off compared to previous seasons.

I think this has created some general and unconscious frustration on our boards -its two weeks to go - we are all a bit toey - bring on 2018!

We are Bulldogs!!!

So you’re saying I’ll learn to come on BF and bear Mupp Dougies muppyness?
I really hope that’s the case.
Credit to you and the others on here that can cop it sweet.

If

Never mentions Suckling never.
Jong takes marks and kicks goals.
They both fumble..
Jong never gives up on a contest.

Muppet dougie? I like it! So I guess just like Oscar the Grouch? You know ... the muppet :)

Haha that must have taken an intellect like yours weeks to come up with.

I find people that don’t like reality or the truth to normally be people I don’t have time for so ..... tic toc xx

I liked 'bellicose narcissist'. ;)

That was impressive lol

So what do u think of yesterday’s Acton in good old Moe? As dismissive as some on here or concerned?

M8 didnt watch it but listened. But I will say when the game was on we smashed them on the scoreboard. Then our less rotations and bench magnified by the heat make it hard to assess.

Interested to see how long or if we run with Easton fwd in season regular.

Gotta say I'm more hopeful of our prospects than you were yesterday.:)

Remove this Banner Ad

Game Day Dogs vs Pies @ Moe Saturday 10 March

Remove this Banner Ad

Back