News DONE DEAL: Patrick Ryder traded to Port Adelaide

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wish Paddy well, he's a great player. You guys will have to Premiership favorites with Swans and Hawks next year. Us getting pick 17,62,Cooney and Giles isn't too bad though could be a lot worse.

Not meaning to be too harsh here.... And great to see you wishing him well, many could learn from your attitude.

I know you guys want to feel good about this trade, but Giles and 62 have nothing to do with us :p GWS were just nice to their player.... Essendon should try that.

yeah I will. You can't win with some people. Either get accused of not sticking around to take your licks, or get told to **** off.

Whatevs big guy

Some people are just clueless.

Kudos for your demeanor around here Lance - it does hurt losing a good player, especially a favorite. Hope you guys work through the upcoming ASADA stuff, score a very good player from pick 17 and find some clear water to move forward in to.

Last edited:
yeah good one mate did you miss this?

Footy is just a game to me. You win some you lose some.

But by all means, trivialise suicide for those who have real issues. I hope none of your board have ever lost a family member

Mate, I have seen what your board have been saying about Ryder for weeks, given his state, and you personally have condoned and added to it. No one takes your whiny victim complex seriously here. Go back to your Essendon only board if you want someone to whisper sweet nothings in your ear.

That 17 and 37 worked out in the end. Looks like the stumbling block may just have been Essendon confirming they could get value for what they got from us. Cooney for 37, even though he is 29 and injury-prone is good value but I would be more pleased with the result of the Giles trade. GWS seem to be shedding themselves of a lot of quality for very little return in some of their trades.

Thank god he chose the Bombers and not Adelaide!

Good on you for sticking around Lance.

Gracious winners anyone?

Nah.

Hahahahaha I can't believe they caved. What a gutless, pathetic feeder club.

Just like with Crameri last year, now every club knows they can just lowball the shit out of Essendon and the Bombers will shit themselves on the last day and give up one of their good players for what the Bombers consider way unders. All that posturing and false bravado, demanding Wines and Wingard to absolutely roll over and take it when it's crunch time and accept what we impose on them.

I'll enjoy some more of their players being poached using the same method next trade period.

Some probably already have.

Different breed the Bombres.

Yup, according to some he is a mentally weak player who will spud it up come Prelim Final time.....

.... but, Pick 4 and Giles is unders.....

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Agree mate. i dont think its a bad get at all. For what its worth if you get a half fit Cooney he is worth more then 37!

Yeah if they manage his playing time like they did with Winderlich this year then we should get some solid games out of him

That 17 and 37 worked out in the end. Looks like the stumbling block may just have been Essendon confirming they could get value for what they got from us. Cooney for 37, even though he is 29 and injury-prone is good value but I would be more pleased with the result of the Giles trade. GWS seem to be shedding themselves of a lot of quality for very little return in some of their trades.

Absolutely insane trade. I honestly can't believe they took a 10 pick upgrade from 60 to 50 for a guy who played 1st ruck for them for 2 and a half seasons. It could be a worse trade then Neade + Hombsch for 29 (or whatever it was).

celebration.gif

That's gold

You can tell who's read the Essendon board and who hasn't.

Can't wait to play them next year.

On a personal level I don't mind Dodoro he does the right thing for the Bombers and having nothing to work with in this trade he managed to get a second round pick out of us. I'm just going to question if Moore wasn't a better deal than Clooney?

Been a big month for the guy...

gmu4a99trm3m2eeh27yw-300x160.jpg

pfft ok mate, if you think so. Believe it or not, it's not an easy thing to lose a good player who was many supporters favourite. It actually sucks balls.

Maybe console yourself with the fact you got the best trade of the fortnight. Giles for a 10 pick upgrade from 60 to 50 is batshit crazy. He has basically been a really good ruck all his career and got unlucky been stuck behind some of the best rucks in the comp (Brogan/Lade/Mumford).

awesome!! another great ruck to Port Adelaide - welcome Paddy!!! hope you kick a bag of goals too!!

i laughed at this - posted before the deal was announced - but it doesn't seem to be photoshopped? that's a genuine promo shot probably taken a couple of days ago, but they were being super sneaky posting it in your face with this caption!

B0BuuWdCIAEa6LU.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back