News DONE DEAL: Patrick Ryder traded to Port Adelaide

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
This does not make the rhinestone cowboy nickname make sense.

I'm not sure that anything will make that make sense.

One who scorches please take my advice and forget you ever heard that "nickname" Thank you. Your friend Ed.

#LOLBOMBRES

Hoping we recruit (at a minimum) one more ruck during the trade period, preferably at a very young age to eventually replace Lobbe/Ryder in the future. VERY happy with Ryder though and will complement our team perfectly.

Wow, holidaying when he should be in the club training with Cam O' Shea and Robbie Grey. 0/10 Ryder is a spud, delist immediately.

The nerve of him lol. Good tactic from him, last couple of hours of trade being in the sky so when GWS attempted to get him for pick 4 he couldn't answer his phone when Dodo attempted call him if he wanted to move to GWS instead.

I was hoping this would go to the grievance situation resulting in the bummers getting absolutely SFA, but Ryder should be a good pick up, and the club has pulled the right rein most times in recent seasons.

The draft picks we traded could end up being used on spuds, but I'm not sure if that is my preference, I'm thinking Jimmy the turd's missus getting her beak caught in his ring could be better value.
Just to make it clear to the kinky individuals out there, I am of course referring to the ring on his finger. ;)

I was hoping this would go to the grievance situation resulting in the bummers getting absolutely SFA, but Ryder should be a good pick up, and the club has pulled the right rein most times in recent seasons.

The draft picks we traded could end up being used on spuds, but I'm not sure if that is my preference, I'm thinking Jimmy the turd's missus getting her beak caught in his ring could be better value.
Just to make it clear to the kinky individuals out there, I am of course referring to the ring on his finger. ;)
This year more than any other we can afford to spend the draft picks. They aren't very good and we have a gaping hole in our list where Ryder fits.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Now that this thread is nearly done and dusted I can start looking to the future.

I am going to spend some time with the family, maybe do some travelling and write the novel for my generation.

Now that this thread is nearly done and dusted I can start looking to the future.

I am going to spend some time with the family, maybe do some travelling and write the novel for my generation.

I'm gonna have a wank.

If that happened, would we have to spend two picks to draft them both?

The deal is done so welcome to Port Paddy Ryder but I still think we paid overs for him. Obviously a Premiership in the next four years will change that view. Here's hoping that any ban is a short one.
I am pleased that is over and we got what we wanted but unlike some of you I am not over the moon on the deal.

As I understand it we have not made any trades other than Paddy?

Given he is exactly what our list needed, and the fact that we didn't have to give up a player to get him, it was an absolutely brilliant trade from our perspective.

We have everything we had last year, plus an elite AFL ruck/forward, and all our kids have another season of experience into them.

Maybe giving up pick 17 will hurt us in 2020, but if we win a couple of flags between now and then, who cares?

Given he is exactly what our list needed, and the fact that we didn't have to give up a player to get him, it was an absolutely brilliant trade from our perspective.

We have everything we had last year, plus an elite AFL ruck/forward, and all our kids have another season of experience into them.

Maybe giving up pick 17 will hurt us in 2020, but if we win a couple of flags between now and then, who cares?

Pick 17 could also have been the second coming of Ben Jacobs, so I'm pretty happy to part with it for such a badly needed quality player (and person by the sounds of it).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back