News DONE DEAL: Patrick Ryder traded to Port Adelaide

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Think it's important we don't forget the big Lobbster in all the hype

May lose his # 1 mantle but still a massively important piece of the puzzle

Nah, Lobbe is a better pure ruck and not as good forward. I am calling the triangle of doom where Westhoff, Ryder, and Lobbe swap between CHF, midfield and Ruck and just blow up players all over the ground. If you think the opposition looked tired this year look out :)

Does anyone think it will be even more delicious if ASADA/WADA come out next week and exonerate Essendon??

yes-and-no.png

We didn't sell our soul to get Paddy. You can't call that a bad move at all.

The value of the picks are only worth how well the Bombers use them, which can go either way. You can still get a pretty decent player with pick 17, but we're getting a proven player, who happens to play a position that we need filled.

I'm stoked, and I'm hoping that Hinkley/Burgess can raise his level even higher.

Holy Shit - Essendon just said that Cooney chose them because (in order):

a) the sponginess of their floors
b) James Hird

Cooney's knees at Etihad next year...

#tampon
#inforoneoutforfour

Not happy with this deal at all. Port paid too much.

:thumbsdown:
Mate you are crazy....

Pick 37 .....pick 37 was steak knives.....

This deal was a massive win....

You dont understand how paddy is going to make our team better now ...

The dynamic of our team has just gotten even better ....paddy under hinkley and burgess is going to be phenominal.....

2 westhoffs...2 freaking westhoffs...paddy kills 2 birds with one stone fwd and ruck....

This deal is one of our best in our afl history how can you be upset????

PS....my new nickname for paddy is "the rhinestone cowboy"

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That line about the sponginess of the floor was incredible.

I'd be worried about the sponginess in his head, if they were the reasons he was happy to go there.

Mate you are crazy....

Pick 37 .....pick 37 was steak knives.....

This deal was a massive win....

You dont understand how paddy is going to make our team better now ...

The dynamic of our team has just gotten even better ....paddy under hinkley and burgess is going to be phenominal.....

2 westhoffs...2 freaking westhoffs...paddy kills 2 birds with one stone fwd and ruck....

This deal is one of our best in our afl history how can you be upset????

PS....my new nickname for paddy is "the rhinestone cowboy"
What if he gets rubbed out for two years? It may or may not happen, Gorringe could have been our insurance, now we will probably have to give up a player to land him rather than picks.

Not denying Ryder is an excellent footballer and an excellent addition to the club, just sharing my thoughts on the deal itself. Essendon was in a weak position to be making demands and Pick 17 should have been adequate for a bloke who could potentially have walked for nothing and/or could get suspended from the game.

Not sure if this has been quoted yet by Paul Connors
1.11pm: Paddy Ryder's manager Paul Connors now on AFL Trade Radio. He (Ryder) is on his way to Port Douglas, and may not yet know the trade has gone through. Says he felt at home at Port, friendship with Angus Monfries, strong indigenous programmes. Believes he has grown as a person through this process.

What if he gets rubbed out for two years? It may or may not happen, Gorringe could have been our insurance, now we will probably have to give up a player to land him rather than picks.

Not denying Ryder is an excellent footballer and an excellent addition to the club, just sharing my thoughts on the deal itself. Essendon was in a weak position to be making demands and Pick 17 should have been adequate for a bloke who could potentially have walked for nothing and/or could get suspended from the game.
If we really wanted orange we would of got him knowing the ryder situation....

We didnt ...we went full guns at ryder...our offield staff are as competent as anyone else getting around...I back their judgement...

Its obvious that we really didnt want orange as much as the fans.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back