Don't want, (or need) to start a new thread - still want to post it though

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's a really tricky proposition. If you made that request to me, I would politely but firmly decline and disassociate myself from the club/team.

However, I've got family members that drive/own/owned the ******* things and wouldn't have a problem at all.

well ned, you can always find another gang to hang out with but wallam can only pick one national team

It's a really tricky proposition. If you made that request to me, I would politely but firmly decline and disassociate myself from the club/team.

However, I've got family members that drive/own/owned the ******* things and wouldn't have a problem at all.

Living in a relatively free society allows each individual to make that decision.

VW is not the same organisation it was in 20th century (dieselgate aside). If I'm charged with growing a club/sport, I'd welcome their dollars today, even if Jewish people participated in said sport. The AFL club known as Sydney agree with this.

Netball Australia, and especially grass-roots netball, will be the big losers in all of this. If anyone thinks that Reinhardt will lose a minute's sleep over this, then frankly they're deluded.

btw abdul, i like your german spelling of rinehart. It brings a certain nazi approach to gina's actions.

Living in a relatively free society allows each individual to make that decision.

VW is not the same organisation it was in 20th century (dieselgate aside). If I'm charged with growing a club/sport, I'd welcome their dollars today, even if Jewish people participated in said sport. The AFL club known as Sydney agree with this.
If were going to trawl through history to dig up dirt on sponsors going forward a lot of sports will be rooted. Although alcohol and gambling which causes grief to millions of people seems to get the "nothing to see here" from most. Funny world sometimes

Last edited:

Your answer is from the side of the administrator. Ned Kelly took it from a personal perspective.....which was how i asked the original question.

I have no problems with VW. I drove a renault around europe and I dont know if they have any history. But if I'm indigenous and I am asked to wear the logo of a company begun by a man who said that people like myself should be sterilised, then I would take exception.

I was thinking ...it's a bit like starting a company called ned kelly and asking the great grandchildren of the coppers that he shot in glenrowan, to wear its logo....

now if i was mark kelly and my great granddad got cut down doing his job, by a bloke who is being heralded as a bit of a rogue, I might tell em to shove it.

can anyone empathise anymore? This woman donell wallam is one of the first indigenous netballers to make the national team. She is representing herself, her family and her race....and she is supposed to wear the logo of a bloke who says "half-caste" aborigines who find it hard to fit in, should be steriilised.

I normally have a philosophy in life that you take the money from people who have money and tell them what they want to know. Words are cheap. They cant make me think anything. But there's a line in the sand sometimes when you are representing a whole race. She had second thoughts about it and I fully agree with her. The fact that she was willing to overlook them and fall in line, indicates to me that she is far more reasonable person than I am. Obviously, a lot of people here think money is the most important aspect of this thing. Such is life...

I was thinking ...it's a bit like starting a company called ned kelly and asking the great grandchildren of the coppers that he shot in glenrowan, to wear its logo....

now if i was mark kelly and my great granddad got cut down doing his job, by a bloke who is being heralded as a bit of a rogue, I might tell em to shove it.

Just for reference, my username is in reference to Craig Kelly, so unless your Ben Doolan you can't really be too mad...

can anyone empathise anymore? This woman donell wallam is one of the first indigenous netballers to make the national team. She is representing herself, her family and her race....and she is supposed to wear the logo of a bloke who says "half-caste" aborigines who find it hard to fit in, should be steriilised.

I normally have a philosophy in life that you take the money from people who have money and tell them what they want to know. Words are cheap. They cant make me think anything. But there's a line in the sand sometimes when you are representing a whole race. She had second thoughts about it and I fully agree with her. The fact that she was willing to overlook them and fall in line, indicates to me that she is far more reasonable person than I am. Obviously, a lot of people here think money is the most important aspect of this thing. Such is life...
Maybe divert some of your righteous anger towards the players' union who have done their members a disservice. They had an explanation of how the sponsorship would work emailed to them on 29 July, yet they didn't communicate this to the team, nor did they facilitate a meeting between Netball Australia and the players - which NA requested. This all could have been managed behind closed doors. Press gets hold of it and turns it into a circus.

Then maybe direct a bit of anger to former captain (and Pie) Sharni Norder who tried to turn it into a climate change issue. Which was never an issue for the players.

Do the 'sins of the father' need to be visited upon the daughter? If the bloke was still in charge would there even be sponsorship of the Netball team? Do you choose to 'protest' the situation because of past history or do you celebrate the fact that you now get an opportunity (and get paid) to do what you love? Where do you draw the line when looking back?
These are all interesting questions that only each individual can answer for themselves.

Maybe divert some of your righteous anger towards the players' union who have done their members a disservice. They had an explanation of how the sponsorship would work emailed to them on 29 July, yet they didn't communicate this to the team, nor did they facilitate a meeting between Netball Australia and the players - which NA requested. This all could have been managed behind closed doors. Press gets hold of it and turns it into a circus.

Then maybe direct a bit of anger to former captain (and Pie) Sharni Norder who tried to turn it into a climate change issue. Which was never an issue for the players.

I've always found that you're pretty good at directing how I should feel or act. I'm not angry. I'll also write as I want to write.

Having said that, Gina and myself have much in common. I want to be loved too. I'm willing to pay for love, much as her father did. After all, Gina was the result of that ongoing payment. As for me, I'm not yet willing to pay you to love me, wipey, but I'll message you when I do.

Just for reference, my username is in reference to Craig Kelly, so unless your Ben Doolan you can't really be too mad...

well i'll remember not to direct any anti-will kelly comments your way, as I've been doing in the last year or so. Tell craig that I like my fingers unbroken.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I've always found that you're pretty good at directing how I should feel or act. I'm not angry. I'll also write as I want to write.

Having said that, Gina and myself have much in common. I want to be loved too. I'm willing to pay for love, much as her father did. After all, Gina was the result of that ongoing payment. As for me, I'm not yet willing to pay you to love me, wipey, but I'll message you when I do.
I'm just pleased that you still donate your dollars to charity - whenever you post about it, I know you are being really serious.

I'm just pleased that you still donate your dollars to charity - whenever you post about it, I know you are being really serious.

well i'm trying to buy some love but I seem to have the same problems as Gina...

maybe i'll just write to the doctors and tell them to shove it. All i wanted was personal video messages on my birthday and christmas... but they said I didnt give enough money. I had to pay more for that level of love..

btw wipey, I posed the question earlier, if you were a jewish sportsman and you were a hero in the jewish community, would you knock back a logo from VW or hugo boss who designed and produced the SS uniforms?

well i'm trying to buy some love but I seem to have the same problems as Gina...

maybe i'll just write to the doctors and tell them to shove it. All i wanted was personal video messages on my birthday and christmas... but they said I didnt give enough money. I had to pay more for that level of love..

btw wipey, I posed the question earlier, if you were a jewish sportsman and you were a hero in the jewish community, would you knock back a logo from VW or hugo boss who designed and produced the SS uniforms?
I think so - but I don't have the proper perspective. I have a lot of Jewish mates who drive German cars, so for them I guess enough water is under the bridge. I understand the position of not wanting to wear an emblem that goes against one's personal views. However, there is a right way to handle this sort of an objection and that clearly wasn't the case with our netballers.

Whether it was the players, their union and/or anyone else who advised them - well, someone should be hanging their head in shame because they flucked up majorly. And now a lot of people will suffer.

I think so - but I don't have the proper perspective. I have a lot of Jewish mates who drive German cars, so for them I guess enough water is under the bridge. I understand the position of not wanting to wear an emblem that goes against one's personal views. However, there is a right way to handle this sort of an objection and that clearly wasn't the case with our netballers.

Whether it was the players, their union and/or anyone else who advised them - well, someone should be hanging their head in shame because they flucked up majorly. And now a lot of people will suffer.

well i can understand that your perspective that the blame lays on the netball side. And I'm sure that most jewish australians would take the strategic perspective and go on with their lives. I might do the same if my income and my life dream relied on it. Of course, in this case, neither is true for Gina who can move on to another flower for her pollen...

well i can understand that your perspective that the blame lays on the netball side. And I'm sure that most jewish australians would take the strategic perspective and go on with their lives. I might do the same if my income and my life dream relied on it. Of course, in this case, neither is true for Gina who can move on to another flower for her pollen...
Maybe you should move on too.

Maybe you should move on too.

its too late to start again and suck up to those with money.... a lesson learnt but too late. And I'm not motivated anymore because I have enough. But if i had my time again, I would make money with my money and then make people do what I wanted ....just like gina. It's life's goal, isnt it? Not that I've experienced it. I've just watched the people living it.

its too late to start again and suck up to those with money.... a lesson learnt but too late. And I'm not motivated anymore because I have enough. But if i had my time again, I would make money with my money and then make people do what I wanted ....just like gina. It's life's goal, isnt it? Not that I've experienced it. I've just watched the people living it.
The world needs ditchdiggers too. Be happy.

She's a shitty person. Wanted minimum wages for the average Aussie.

While raping our countries resources.

Last edited:
i was down having a curry at the local food market. btw the guys are gainfully employed although they are so obviously not from this country. But under the hancock criteria, they should allowed to procreate....

but anyway, I was reading this article by tracey holmes who we know is a huge wokeite....but it gives a fascinating insight into what gina is trying to do....

so it seems that while sport and politics dont mix, business and politics mix a whole lot...a whole lot..... a la the big man himself and serial parliament napper, clive palmer and it would seem another overweight business person might be trying to squeeze themselves into the frame. If that's possible.

btw if anyone out there is in charge of a footy club in need of funding, I recommend for them to put some media out praising gina rinehart. It mightn't snag you a sponsorship but its a free hit. Suck it and see.

This scrutiny of major sports sponsors is here to stay. I doubt any of them have lily white records, and I doubt any of them welcome this level of scrutiny. We’ve also moved on from ‘all publicity is good publicity’. Because it isn’t anymore.

I have no interest in netball, but as a mainly female sport I want it to prosper.

I have sympathy for Wallam’s initial position of not wanting to wear the Hancock logo, named after that hideous man. If she’s changed her mind, I have sympathy for that too. She’s at the start of an international career - who could blame her for wavering?

None of this is easy, there are no simple solutions, and these sponsors prop up many sports. Maybe they will be less prevalent in the future? Or maybe they will face their truths, and find ways to address their historical transgressions?

Interesting times ahead for sports sponsors.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back