Don't want, (or need) to start a new thread - still want to post it though

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Old man Hancock stated that Aboriginals should be sterilised to prevent the race from continuing.
Now that wasn’t Gina.
But she has missed a huge opportunity to state that her company no longer agrees with these sentiments. She doesn’t have to apologise for her fathers comments, but her company can get on the front foot and show itself to be a 21st century company that will further the cause of all Australia.
By throwing a hissy fit and withdrawing the sponsorship, she appears to be reinforcing her fathers opinion.
I note that the shouty minority are vocal on social media saying she has done the right thing.
They certainly are the minority in the 21st century.

Old man Hancock stated that Aboriginals should be sterilised to prevent the race from continuing.
Now that wasn’t Gina.
But she has missed a huge opportunity to state that her company no longer agrees with these sentiments. She doesn’t have to apologise for her fathers comments, but her company can get on the front foot and show itself to be a 21st century company that will further the cause of all Australia.
By throwing a hissy fit and withdrawing the sponsorship, she appears to be reinforcing her fathers opinion.
I note that the shouty minority are vocal on social media saying she has done the right thing.

Does she put money into netball because she wants to be loved? I think you'll find a percentage of people will alway fawn over those with money and maybe she has become used to it over the years. Isn't she an only child? And she's a spoilt one too obviously. She's probably surprised that everyone in the world doesn't love her like all the paid employees that surround her, or all the politicians sweating on her money or the rest of the sycophants in her orbit...

Now that wasn’t Gina.
Its a pretty straight forward thing to come out and distance herself from one would think. Not for any other reason except being a normal human being. Surely shes business savvy enough also to know to shut his down straight away. Maybe shes arrogant enough to not care.

Its a pretty straight forward thing to come out and distance herself from one would think. Not for any other reason except being a normal human being. Surely shes business savvy enough also to know to shut his down straight away. Maybe shes arrogant enough to not care.

occam's razor - simplest answer - she agrees with father

Does she put money into netball because she wants to be loved? I think you'll find a percentage of people will alway fawn over those with money and maybe she has become used to it over the years. Isn't she an only child? And she's a spoilt one too obviously. She's probably surprised that everyone in the world doesn't love her like all the paid employees that surround her, or all the politicians sweating on her money or the rest of the sycophants in her orbit...
You might want to Google her children’s views.
Gina is no saint.

I intend to be just as arrogant.
After Thursday of course.

Now that wasn’t Gina.
Ultimately, she was paying to advertise her company with a logo on the netball uniform. The netball team pulled Netball Australia out of that agreement and Gina isn't paying because they're not getting what they paid for. Not much can be inferred about her ideals, excpet she expects to get what she pays for.

Ultimately, she was paying to advertise her company with a logo on the netball uniform. The netball team pulled Netball Australia out of that agreement and Gina isn't paying because they're not getting what they paid for. Not much can be inferred about her ideals, excpet she expects to get what she pays for.

The deal of sponsorship is that the sponsored look after the sponsor.

An organisation is willing to provide the resources for a struggling sport to grow but the beneficiaries of this are against it on principle, killling the deal and hurting the sport in the process.

Wonder if the netball players will be happier with an oil company, a bank, or even Volkswagen.

Such a slippery slope.

The deal of sponsorship is that the sponsored look after the sponsor.

An organisation is willing to provide the resources for a struggling sport to grow but the beneficiaries of this are against it on principle, killling the deal and hurting the sport in the process.

Wonder if the netball players will be happier with an oil company, a bank, or even Volkswagen.

Such a slippery slope.
Sounds like their union has performed abysmally. Players say they weren't told of deal. Netball Oz CEO says she has been trying to meet with union head since July, but to no avail. Produced an email she sent to the union head in July which outlined how the sponsorship would work...

Sounds like their union has performed abysmally. Players say they weren't told of deal. Netball Oz CEO says she has been trying to meet with union head since July, but to no avail. Produced an email she sent to the union head in July which outlined how the sponsorship would work...

Wow. Just, wow. "Abysmally" doesn't describe the extent of it. The most important deal in the history of the sport and the union couldn't make time to learn more about it.

WTF else did they have to do that was of a higher priority?

Last edited:
Wow. Just, wow. "Abysmally" doesn't describe the extent of it. The most important deal in the history of the sport and the union couldn't make time to learn more about it.

WTF else did they have to do that was of a higher priority?
From The Oz, which is unsurprisingly on the sponsor's side:

Ryan revealed she had been trying via the Australian Netball Players’ Association (ANPA) to have “direct communication to the players”. She said despite months of overtures to the union powerbrokers, they had not provided a time to meet.

“We have been advocating for a while to make sure that we are able to have direct communication to players, that’s something that we want to have,” Ryan said. “I’ve been asking since July to meet with the players’ association board and have never been given an opportunity.

“So I am all for having direct conversations and our reality is we need to have direct conversations – the fact that they’re saying they weren’t consulted on this deal, and yet there is an email to them on the 29th of July that tells them how the deal is being structured. I mean, what else were we meant to do?”

I believe that is incorrect. The players in the team indicated that they agreed with their indigenous team-mate that she didnt feel comfortable weaing the logo of company named after a stated racist. After a lot of talk and pressure that indigenous player accepted wearing the logo in interests of the sport.....however rinehart withdrew the funding. She withdrew it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I believe that is incorrect. The players in the team indicated that they agreed with their indigenous team-mate that she didnt feel comfortable weaing the logo of company named after a stated racist. After a lot of talk and pressure that indigenous player accepted wearing the logo in interests of the sport.....however rinehart withdrew the funding. She withdrew it.
There may have been agreement to wear it after the sponsorship was pulled, but they played in their old uniforms, without the logo, against NZ. Sponsorship was withdrawn very soon afterwards.

I've got no qualms with the stand against the company by the netball team, just qualms about the judgement around Rinehart being expressed.

Last edited:
I believe that Gina will make a statement at some stage to separate herself from her Dad's genocidal designs. This is the word.

She might be a WA mining magnate, but of course she doesn't drink of the same poison as the old man.

She's getting around to it. Any time now.

evidently rinehart withdrew the funding because "everyone" in the team wasn't elated and proud to wear the logo of her great company. It would appear that it was unacceptable to make exceptions for indigenous players to not wear the logo and for the rest of the team to wear it. This was a compromise put forward by the team inititally before they relented and accepted everyone would wear the logo. However it was too late for rinehart. She wanted absolute devotion. This is my opinion but I believe rinehart is used to paying her money and getting "love" in return and expected that would be the case with this transaction.

There may have been agreement to wear it after the sponsorship was pulled, but they played in their old uniforms, without the logo, against NZ. Sponsorship was withdrawn very soon afterwards.

The reports that I read state that they agreed to wear the logo, but rinehart withdrew funding after that.

The reports that I read state that they agreed to wear the logo, but rinehart withdrew funding after that.
I'm going off this one:

Last week, the Diamonds wore their old uniforms without the branding in the clash against New Zealand in the Constellation Cup series.

Over the weekend, the mining company announced it will would withdraw the sponsorship. It would also pull funding for The West Coast Fever, a team in the Super Netball League.

They pledged to supply four months of financial support while both teams found other sponsors.

On reflection, I dislike conservatives as much as wokes a lot of the time, but I particularly dislike a particular group when it speaks in a way that completely contradicts one of what I would have thought is its most fundamental principles - the rights of the individual. Hearing from conservatives that netball australia need to operate as a collective sounds more like something coming from the chinese communist party. But as we know in modern life, if money is in the mix then principles are out the window....

I'm going off this one:

Last week, the Diamonds wore their old uniforms without the branding in the clash against New Zealand in the Constellation Cup series.

Over the weekend, the mining company announced it will would withdraw the sponsorship. It would also pull funding for The West Coast Fever, a team in the Super Netball League.

They pledged to supply four months of financial support while both teams found other sponsors.

read the whole article.....rinehart says

"Recent media disreporting has been disappointing, particularly given at no stage did Hancock insist its logo be worn on the Australia Diamonds' playing dress for the recent games in New Zealand, nor did the Australian Diamonds refuse to wear the Hancock logo."

Wallam, and the rest of her Diamonds teammates, agreed to wear the Hancock logo during the series against England starting this week.

A day later, Hancock Prospecting pulled the sponsorship.

Gina says

The second statement ended with Mrs Rinehart and Hancock Prospecting emphasising that they only ever want athletes to wear the Hancock logo "if the athletes were proud to do so".

Message to Gina. All the athletes and the people in the sport want is your money. They arent proud of wearing your logo. At best, they couldnt give a crap about your mining company. In reality, most would think youre a rich entitled bitch who inherited her money from her racist old man. Live with it Gina.

read the whole article.....rinehart says

"Recent media disreporting has been disappointing, particularly given at no stage did Hancock insist its logo be worn on the Australia Diamonds' playing dress for the recent games in New Zealand, nor did the Australian Diamonds refuse to wear the Hancock logo."

Wallam, and the rest of her Diamonds teammates, agreed to wear the Hancock logo during the series against England starting this week.

A day later, Hancock Prospecting pulled the sponsorship.
I shouldn't have gotten bored and read the whole article. That does change it, they've cracked the shits because one player threatened a justifiable negative stance against an historic outrageous comment from company mmt.

Probably why they're paying 4 months of the deal.

Gina says

The second statement ended with Mrs Rinehart and Hancock Prospecting emphasising that they only ever want athletes to wear the Hancock logo "if the athletes were proud to do so".

Message to Gina. All the athletes and the people in the sport want is your money. They arent proud of wearing your logo. At best, they couldnt give a crap about your mining company. In reality, most would think youre a rich entitled bitch who inherited her money from her racist old man. Live with it Gina.

Is it any different with Collingwood and Emirates/Holden etc?

Sponsorship is a commercial agreement therefore by definition all about the money that the sponsored party receives.

You can replace "proud" with comfortable/willing or any other term. If I'm paying $$$$$$$$ to sponsor a team, I want fair value in exchange and the sponsored willing to represent my brand. I don't want to have to apologise for my dad's f* ups. Was there any request that the players apologise for any sh*t their dad said?

Not a fan of Gina BTW, just objective.

I shouldn't have gotten bored and read the whole article. That does change it, they've cracked the shits because one player threatened a justifiable negative stance against an historic outrageous comment from company mmt.

Probably why they're paying 4 months of the deal.

They're paying the 4 months for PR. There are no ethics in business....especially mining.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back