dose any 1 else want rocca to play against the saints because i sure do

Remove this Banner Ad

Who do you want dropped to allow Rocca in? Personally I'd rather not have him in; first week back in what, 16 games, going into a final? Too big a risk for mine.

I just said in another thread that Rocca should play this week. It's a huge call that will forever be criticized if we lose, but I just reckon he is the perfect fit against the Saints.

He'll get Hudghton who will most likely return. Max doesn't run off his opponent so we won't lose too much there.

Even if Ant comes in and lays a few bumps, knock a few players around...it will be worth it. I doubt he'd be required against other sides....but I think he would be perfectly suited to the Saints.

The Saints will make the game physical and contested. Gives our midfielders a real boost knowing they can boot it long to a contest.

No way St Kilda rely a lot on there rebound from the defensive half of the ground making Rocca a massive liability.

No need for drastic changes we are still doing ok

we need him to come back tonight we were kicking it in the 50 and had no 1 to go to anthony cant take the number 1 backman rocca can and free him up.

I was a huge Anthony Rocca fan as he put his body on the line for the club so many times in the past. Unfortunately he is nowhere near AFL ready. Injuries have rendered him slow, unable to jump and he has no agility anymore. It would be suicide to play him next week.

Who was the AFL coach who was recently quoted as saying "I'd love to play Collingwood with Rocca in the side". IMO he was right on the money.

Bringing Rocca in for his first AFL game in a MUST win game seems like an awfully big risk to be taking. Doesn't seem like the time to be experimenting when it's looking entirely possible to be swept out in straight sets.

could we have fraser cloke rocca and anthony in our foward line at the same time tho?

Fraser and Wood have their hands full with Gardiner and King. Cloke playing away from the goals in preferable. And it will drag Fisher away from goals.

The Saints have managed fine with Riewoldt, Kosi, Gardiner and King. The difference is we have mid-sized forwards and crumbers. They purely have 2 crumbers.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Look we probably should have played him against the dogs today tbh, or at the very least leigh brown on lake who killed us loose

In saying that no i do not want him in against the saints

Rocca can't play next week, for the simple reason he is not in our best 25 anymore, let alone our best 22.

Stkilda build a lot of their scores from inside or around opposition 50, and Rocca can not put any pressure on.

We can not have Wood, Fraser, Anthony, Cloke and Rocca in the same side.

I know most of you dont like it, but Leigh Brown is the answer, and Nathan Brown is the next in line, so Rocca is well out of reckoning for next week.

We have to bring in Marty Clarke, Pendles and Leigh Brown next week, hard to find 4 outs to fit Rocca in.

Look we probably should have played him against the dogs today tbh, or at the very least leigh brown on lake who killed us loose

In saying that no i do not want him in against the saints

Remember my plan to use Leigh Brown in the forward line. Would've been interesting to see what would've happened.

Horses for courses some times isn't the best way. Maybe we should've gone taller today.

Remember my plan to use Leigh Brown in the forward line. Would've been interesting to see what would've happened.

Horses for courses some times isn't the best way. Maybe we should've gone taller today.
as lake took another mark in front of cloke and morris i remember thinking about you saying that

I would have played goldsack still and dropped a mid/small probably dick and left leroy annoying the **** out of lake

leigh brown cant kick straight for shit
which is why he plays as a decoy deep, he is too big for lake to leave for harbrow or welsh and that would of completely removed lake being the threat he was

Sometimes you have to play to your own strengths. Let the other side find the match ups for you.

Sometimes you have to play to your own strengths. Let the other side find the match ups for you.
and it looked like we wanted to play the bulldogs game too

stupid completely stupid

and it looked like we wanted to play the bulldogs game too

stupid completely stupid

Yep. The saints don't go small when they play the dogs, and their record is good against them.

Remove this Banner Ad

dose any 1 else want rocca to play against the saints because i sure do

Remove this Banner Ad

Back