Strategy Draft assistance 2023 [Twomey: NMFC get #19 in 2023, x2 end of 1st rd picks in 2024, and x2 extra rookie list spots in 2024; no Sanders/#11]

Remove this Banner Ad

Three first rounders is not nothing...
Assuming all three picks are tradeable this year, the overall points situation is enough to move the dial I reckon.

This assistance is enough for three good experienced players to fill positions of need.

Add that to three first rounders from the draft.

Then a couple fringe experienced types with our later picks.

All those new players could all amount to a third of our best 22 by the end of the year.

That sucks but I'm hardly surprised. Given the closeness of the league I think they don't want to tip the balance too far.
I reckon they would've been gun shy about giving us too much given the close results and Clarko missing half the year.
If that is the precedent going forward, then fine, but we all know how it works when it's WCE/Big Vic clubs.
I guess we can move our own F2 into this year if we can't trade the future 2nds to be reviewed.
I think we can do something with 2, 3 (if McKay compo), 14 and 19 and hopefully we can move the AFL PP's next year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Is it 3 end of first round picks or 3 start of second round picks. The only difference is that we can use them on draft night 1 instead of draft night 2.

If there are no caveats on the 2 future end of 1st round picks next year then bundle them with our pick#19 from this years assistance package to give to Gold Coast for their 1st round pick..

Would Gold Goast accept this and can they use these additional points this season..

Remove this Banner Ad

Strategy Draft assistance 2023 [Twomey: NMFC get #19 in 2023, x2 end of 1st rd picks in 2024, and x2 extra rookie list spots in 2024; no Sanders/#11]

Remove this Banner Ad

Back