Draft consensus

Remove this Banner Ad

Hoggy said:
Probably something to do with you causing that thread to come into existance.

It gets old after 1000 times.

Fair enough, but some members have more runs on the board than others.

FFS it's a bit of fun, magpies42 made a survey, simple as that. The conclusion that eventuated from said survey said that X Ellis would be the most likely person taken at no.2 by the CFC people from Bigfooty. Did he say he was going to send it to Mick Malthouse? No.

So get a hobby.

How old are you? And you spend your time posting rubbish into an online database?

So?

Then that's weird.

But you said 2 paragraphs ago that you were saying your final thing?

What an obsessive little piggy you are?

Feeling a bit flaccid there piggy I see.

Murray said:
What an obsessive little piggy you are?

Feeling a bit flaccid there piggy I see.

Oh he called me piggy, what a riot.

My user name is Hoggy, my surname is Hogg.

Just like Rodney, Brad, Matthew, Jeffrey and some guy from New Zealand that plays 2nd division soccer over there that I found on Football Manager 2006.

Therefore it is a nickname.

Therefore I don't pretend to be someone I am not.

Murray said:
And of course you posted the same advice to Hoggy in the other thread - what, you didn't, why was that?.

Secondly - tell me what I did that was wrong, and if you can do that, I will produce a hundred posts where the identical sentiment was said by someone else and where you have said nothing.
Provide some links Murray, and I'll have a look at them.

Fact is, you just sniped a bloke who contributed to a thread to the point whereby stand alone posts collectively meant something. It was a great post, delivered with a bit of light hearted humour, and you cane him for it. It's unwarranted and ******** weak!

I like your one liners Murray, when they're at oppos supporters. Just leave this page, and our fellow supporters, alone and we'll live in peace. Otherwise, I will do what you keep asking me to do.

FIGJAM said:
Provide some links Murray, and I'll have a look at them.

Fact is, you just sniped a bloke who contributed to a thread to the point whereby stand alone posts collectively meant something. It was a great post, delivered with a bit of light hearted humour, and you cane him for it. It's unwarranted and ******** weak!

I like your one liners Murray, when they're at oppos supporters. Just leave this page, and our fellow supporters, alone and we'll live in peace. Otherwise, I will do what you keep asking me to do.

No you won't because that will show you up as being totally biased.

And all I did was ask what Eddie, MM, Swann and Hind thought about our first two picks.
How do you equate that as sniping? (sarcastic yes, but I am not aware that sarcasim is banned [yet])

Can you advise as to what questions are forbidden on here now?

What you are advocating is that all discussion must be warm and fuzzy with dissent or an opposing view not being allowed unless you agree with that opposing view

That is not moderation it is dictatorial ie all your words must be in my image

Go on do your worst, I'm waiting

This conversation reminds me of Terrell Owens and the Philadelphia Eagles. The guy thought he was a superstar and could pop off whenever he wanted in the press with no consequences, no one was spared including his own teammates. Well the Eagles called his bluff and sent him packing lets hope Figgy pulls the trigger. :thumbsu:

Murray, if it were one sarcastic remark, then I'd not say anything, and simply write it off as you having a base level sense of humour.

Fact is, it's dozens of "sarcastic" remarks, and when you pin them on oppo supporters, I know they're not sarcastic, but snide. You aim to displease!

When you bring it in here, I can't not read your ummm...sense of humour?...to be anything other than snide remarks. Neither can Hoggy or magpies42 judging from their responses, so I realise that I'm not alone in my opinion of your snipes.

And it's actually evenness of treatment which is why I'm asking you to pull into line. I've banned oppo supporters for far less that what you're doing. If they ******** off Collingwood supporters here, they are warned and then they are given the arse if they reoffend. If you want absolute equality, then I'll flick you too if you continue to upset Collingwood supporters.

Thanks for your time.

FIGJAM said:
Murray, if it were one sarcastic remark, then I'd not say anything, and simply write it off as you having a base level sense of humour.

Fact is, it's dozens of "sarcastic" remarks, and when you pin them on oppo supporters, I know they're not sarcastic, but snide. You aim to displease!

When you bring it in here, I can't not read your ummm...sense of humour?...to be anything other than snide remarks. Neither can Hoggy or magpies42 judging from their responses, so I realise that I'm not alone in my opinion of your snipes.

And it's actually evenness of treatment which is why I'm asking you to pull into line. I've banned oppo supporters for far less that what you're doing. If they ******** off Collingwood supporters here, they are warned and then they are given the arse if they reoffend. If you want absolute equality, then I'll flick you too if you continue to upset Collingwood supporters.

Thanks for your time.

My pleasure

Now, you will let me know when sarcasm becomes a banning offence - won't you (oops I did it again)

Murray said:
Now, you will let me know when sarcasm becomes a banning offence - won't you (oops I did it again)
Did my post not just ********en explain to you why your snide remarks are not tolerable? Are you hard of thinking??

Sarcastic remarks which upset posters who are genuinely contributing something, are what's known in the business as "trolls".

Oppo supporters who I warn for trolling usually come squirming back saying "Oooo, it was just a joke Mr Figjam sir, it will never happen again!".

You seem to be using the same pathetic excuse for intentionally causing upset. It's a troll. Cut it out, and we can get back to discussing the draft.

Murray, if you read my first post you will see that i did not claim that this owuld necessarily predict who we will atually pick. And secondly who cares! You claim to live in the real world and yet you hang around on the interent, the interent is not real.

I challenge you to produce those posts where you claim ppl have been negative towards each other on this board! I am quite convinced that ever since figgy questioned our decorum everyone has been pretty well behaved. Grow up

stop arguing guys and lets talk footy, ellis will not play senior footy in 2005 but will be an excellant player in the future, he will be like luke ball from the saints so i would take him at pick 2 i also think our biggest weakness at the moment is midfielders so why not take hurn who could play senior footy in 2006 our next pick at 21 depends a lot on who has been taken but as kevin sheahan has stated that there will be some quality and a smokey or two up to and maybe beyond pick 30 so i think we can do really well in this draft. p.s i meant to say that ellis wont play senior footy in 2006..... he is a future star so hopefully we will pick him for the future... go pies

manassa said:
stop arguing guys and lets talk footy, ellis will not play senior footy in 2005 but will be an excellant player in the future, he will be like luke ball from the saints so i would take him at pick 2 i also think our biggest weakness at the moment is midfielders so why not take hurn who could play senior footy in 2006 our next pick at 21 depends a lot on who has been taken but as kevin sheahan has stated that there will be some quality and a smokey or two up to and maybe beyond pick 30 so i think we can do really well in this draft. p.s i meant to say that ellis wont play senior footy in 2006..... he is a future star so hopefully we will pick him for the future... go pies

Obviously you haven't seen Ellis play he plays nothing like Ball. The only similarity between Ellis and Ball is that they want to finish year 12 at their current school and aren't inclined to reloacte interstate. He plays more like Fiora/Dal Santo from the Saints, but has more defensive qualities IMO, he will become a very similar play to Matty Lappin.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

macca69 said:
IMO, he will become a very similar play to Matty Lappin.

And that is my major worry about ellis right there. I would like the club to draft a genuine midfielder and not a half back flanker/back pocket player who may have the capability of playing in the midfield.

macca69 said:
Obviously you haven't seen Ellis play he plays nothing like Ball. The only similarity between Ellis and Ball is that they want to finish year 12 at their current school and aren't inclined to reloacte interstate. He plays more like Fiora/Dal Santo from the Saints, but has more defensive qualities IMO, he will become a very similar play to Matty Lappin.

there is a scary thought for ya, fiora or a dal santo! Scary in that we coudl waste our first pick and compromise collingwoods future or we could use that same pick and set ourselves up for a few premierships in a ten year period! A Lappin comparison doesnt soudn to bad either but, if that is the case i would rather take another player with pick 2!

p.s jones is to slow imo for such a short player

Lappin is a terrible comparison. Dal Santo is close, personally, I liken him to Travis Johnstone, but with more footy intelligence.

I make that comparison because he is well capable of playing in the middle, but also because he consciously looks to hurt the opposition off his boot a lot of the time. Travis Johnstone has one of the highest kick/handball ratios in the AFL for midfielders. This year, he amassed 363 kicks and only 81 handballs.

Xavier Ellis plays in a similar way - he had a couple of games this year where he had more than 20 kicks and less than 5 handballs.

Ellis IS a midfielder. What people need to realise about him playing in the backline for Gippsland is that they already had a pretty loaded midfield, with Delphine, Eddy, Pendlebury and Thomas, to name a few, all spending time in there.

However, Ellis only played 8 games with Gippsland this year, and as such, was not gifted a spot in their midfield when he did play. That doesn't mean he's not a midfielder.

Shannon Hurn has similarly been played on a flank, but people seem to be significantly less concerned about him becoming a midfielder. In fact, I'd say the transition would be easier for Ellis, as I don't think the difference between being a flanker and an outside midfielder is as great as the difference between being a flanker and an inside midfielder.

The Travis Johnstone comparrison was the one I used to my mate the other day ("a taller Travis Johnstone"), so it's good to see I'm not completely delusional! :D :thumbsu:

I reckon TJ is a silkier kick, but then I reckon Ellis has better smarts and despite his stick insect appearance, he's more willing at the contest. X-El'll be a very good player, no doubt.

I still like the sound of Hurn though. I'd love em both!!

FIGJAM said:
The Travis Johnstone comparrison was the one I used to my mate the other day ("a taller Travis Johnstone"), so it's good to see I'm not completely delusional! :D :thumbsu:

I reckon TJ is a silkier kick, but then I reckon Ellis has better smarts and despite his stick insect appearance, he's more willing at the contest. X-El'll be a very good player, no doubt.

I still like the sound of Hurn though. I'd love em both!!
Yeah, I don't think he's kicking is quite as direct as TJ's when he's going for the stab pass yet, but he's got really skinny legs, and I wouldn't be suprised to see that area of his game improve once his legs get stronger.

Agreed that he is harder at the contest too. He reminds me of James Hird in the way that he throws his body in despite not really being strong enough for it.

As for getting for him and Hurn - it would seem too good to be true. Both smart players, both great kicks, one inside, one outside... Can't see it happening though.

In the the Skilled stadium National championships game betweem Metro and Country Ellis gathered the ball hard on the boundary and kicked from outside 50, you would think the ball would lob in the sqare but it kept going and going and split the middle half post height and there was no wind! He may be skinny but the boy can roost the sherrin.

vinnie_vegas69 said:
Lappin is a terrible comparison. Dal Santo is close, personally, I liken him to Travis Johnstone, but with more footy intelligence.

I make that comparison because he is well capable of playing in the middle, but also because he consciously looks to hurt the opposition off his boot a lot of the time. Travis Johnstone has one of the highest kick/handball ratios in the AFL for midfielders. This year, he amassed 363 kicks and only 81 handballs.

Xavier Ellis plays in a similar way - he had a couple of games this year where he had more than 20 kicks and less than 5 handballs.

Ellis IS a midfielder. What people need to realise about him playing in the backline for Gippsland is that they already had a pretty loaded midfield, with Delphine, Eddy, Pendlebury and Thomas, to name a few, all spending time in there.

However, Ellis only played 8 games with Gippsland this year, and as such, was not gifted a spot in their midfield when he did play. That doesn't mean he's not a midfielder.

Shannon Hurn has similarly been played on a flank, but people seem to be significantly less concerned about him becoming a midfielder. In fact, I'd say the transition would be easier for Ellis, as I don't think the difference between being a flanker and an outside midfielder is as great as the difference between being a flanker and an inside midfielder.

I tend to agree with you on this one, Ellis was not played in the middle because he didnt have the ability he was not played there because i think it would have disrupted the team chemistry if a "ring-in" was played ahead of normal starters on the ball!

I am unsure of what fiora was at ellis's age but i know that ellis has alot of guts and crashes the packs pretty well considering his wirey frame (dont know if fiora was this courageous). Sure if he has a genetic disorder and is unable to put on the kg's then yeah a fiora comparison coudl be possible. Very unlikely tho. Ellis for number 2!

Pretty funny really. Only mention Thomas or Pendles got was VV commenting on how loaded the Gippy midfield was in relation to Ellis. No one picked them at all

Remove this Banner Ad

Draft consensus

Remove this Banner Ad

Back