List Mgmt. Draft Discussion 2016

Remove this Banner Ad

The only fly in your ' two top ten picks for #1' ointment is that mega flog that runs your recruiting department.

GC won't need to trade up to #1 to get Bowes anyway.

Dodoro will demand a kings ransom for the opportunity to draft the 3rd best player available.

If there was any justice is this world Essencheat would lose the pick anyway.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The two problems you face in relation to your post are 1: There is no justice in this world, and 2: Dodoro has no mercy. Hence we will end up with pick #1 after getting #5 for Carlisle last year. I am sorry for the bad news.

Yeah but what I'm saying is that even if Essendon don't it's a fair chance Brisbane will which is exactly the same, it means they have to use their first to get him.

If they have pick 1 they can take whoever they like and then take Bowes with whatever shitty picks they like.

fair call

The two problems you face in relation to your post are 1: There is no justice in this world, and 2: Dodoro has no mercy. Hence we will end up with pick #1 after getting #5 for Carlisle last year. I am sorry for the bad news.
we already got the better player as a result of last year's trade with you, and i'm not even including carlisle. Maybe he just doesn't want to live up to his namesake, but it's time to go, dodo

Last edited:
You did not get pick five for Carlisle.
THis is proof that you are slightly moronic.
Bad news i know but.... "shrugs"
So far we are happy with Gresham, even though he wont be the quickest development.

lolza you do realise we are ahead in that trade, 9 games and 6 goals so far with the main course still to come. Hows that pick 5 fairing? on your bike muppet

Disagree with comments about talent this year , if you saw the standard of football played between
Vic Metro & Vic Country was top class .
Kids like William Drew ,Tom Jok ,Mitchell McCarthy , Myles Poholke, Josh Battle, Oscar Clavarino,Dylan Clarke,
Talin Duman,Tim Taranto could be anything, not even mentioning the other well known draftees.

Im with you... and BS I think you have it wrong. I understand that next year is meant to be a super draft, but the quality of mids this year and the quality of play (so much better than last year and seemingly almost on the level of 2013 (ALMOST), although I could be wrong here, I'm not at the games, I only watch the replays) seems to good to pass up.

Its not about the quality of the draft next year, its about the quality of the mids in the draft next year compared to this year and the fact that we will most likely have a poorer pick next year. Also, any pick we get for our (say 7 to 9) pick could be a bust, we could go from pick 2 to 10 if the team we trade with does a Carlton. Its a huge risk!

I say we go with the known quantity. Pick up a quality mid and get a year under his belt or get a quality young mid from somewhere else, but (somehow) don't sell the farm.

I like the look of young Tom Jok, will make someone an excellent second round project player. Give him two years and he could be a really dangerous mobile tall wingman...

Venables has been the man that I like for our first pick, but I'm disappointed to hear that he's more forward than mid.
So are Cyril Rioli, Chad Wingard and - at the moment - De Goey and Delidio. Swan and Martin have also spent long periods forward.

He's a very good prospect.
I like the look of young Tom Jok, will make someone an excellent second round project player. Give him two years and he could be a really dangerous mobile tall wingman...
Late pick at best IMO, more likely a Rookie.

Great height and mobility, but kicking can desert him, needs to put on bulk and, even as an overager, still drifts in and out of games too much.

Lots to work with though.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What do you think his draft range is at this point?
My people are telling me he's being talked about as a potential top 10 pick. I'd say that's his ceiling until he gets some physical continuity and starts busting games open from midfield.

He's playing school footy at the moment too, so he won't have the exposed form of some others.

7-15 for mine, but I've been wrong before.

The good news is that

1. Your mob is the only club ever found guilty of systematically cheating using performance enhancing drugs

2. That stain will never leave your club.

So head back over to your circle jerk of victims over on your board & you can flog yourselves silly over what a great operator Dodoro is.

My people are telling me he's being talked about as a potential top 10 pick. I'd say that's his ceiling until he gets some physical continuity and starts busting games open from midfield.

He's playing school footy at the moment too, so he won't have the exposed form of some others.

7-15 for mine, but I've been wrong before.

Right in the mix for our first pick. Brodie & McLuggage are being talked about as going fairly early so Venables may be our guy.

So are Cyril Rioli, Chad Wingard and - at the moment - De Goey and Delidio. Swan and Martin have also spent long periods forward.

He's a very good prospect.

Late pick at best IMO, more likely a Rookie.

Great height and mobility, but kicking can desert him, needs to put on bulk and, even as an overager, still drifts in and out of games too much.

Lots to work with though.

Thanks Barrels. Would love to get him as a rookie. He has a really high ceiling by the look of him. And by the time Roo calls it a day, he could be up and running as a weapon...

The more I watch the replay of Monday's game the more impressed I am with Taranto and Venables, but mostly Andy McGrath... Tough, classy and blisteringly fast with a big leap.

My only real concern is his height (179cm) in relation to what is already a small midfield, because while he plays off half back at the moment, he looks a nippy wingman to me; Andrew Gaff with real pace.

Really pedantic, but I reckon if he was 185cm he'd be an even higher-rated prospect.

The more I watch the replay of Monday's game the more impressed I am with Taranto and Venables, but mostly Andy McGrath... Tough, classy and blisteringly fast with a big leap.

My only real concern is his height (179cm) in relation to what is already a small midfield, because while he plays off half back at the moment, he looks a nippy wingman to me; Andrew Gaff with real pace.

Really pedantic, but I reckon if he was 185cm he'd be an even higher-rated prospect.

Ben Waterworth from fox sports describes McGrath as a Jack Macrae type. Says he's a very good athlete who won Vic State 400m hurdles as a junior. Also says he is a very efficient user of the footy. Sounds like a ripper I just can't get over the fact he's another small flanker/mid.

Last edited:
Ben Waterworth from fox sports describes McGrath as a Jack Macrae type. Says he's a very good athlete who won Vic State 400m hurdles as a junior. Also says he is a very efficient user of the footy. Sounds like a ripper I just can't get over the fact he's another small flanker/mid.
Macrae is 191

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Draft Discussion 2016

Remove this Banner Ad

Back