AFL Toast Dreamtime Winning

Remove this Banner Ad

If you want to know where we are, look no further than tonight.

Ridley is a superstar and some good efforts by Hind. Merrett never gives up and it was a good start by Stringer. Langford and Durham were both solid as well.

I was very impressed by the signs with Caddy and Davey and thought Tsatas was very good.

However, that genuine rolled gold poo by the rest of the team.

Pretty ugly game. Midfield was beaten across the game and Goldy struggled all night.
Forwards weren't always in sync and weren't helped with indifferent entries a lot of the time. Backline was very good with Ridley being a stand out. Hopefully he pulls up ok and Redman is fine as well.
Laverde and Hind have struggled a bit recently but were very good tonight.
Merrett always manages to stand up when we need him and Duz was important late in the game

That was their Grand Final and they played well, I'm happy to bank the win. Their style was a good test for our transition defense.

There were times in the first 3 quarters I felt a few of our players played a little selfishly and with blinkers on (Stringer/Redman and a few others and only a little bit) but then started to see a lot better team play toward the end.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Lucky to get away with that. Thought Hind was great in the last quarter. McKay had a good game again. Duz was a bit loose but worked his way into it. Backline was huge.

Problem at the moment that I can see is that we want to play as a front half team which is reliant on forward pressure from forwards and mids. Losing Jones was huge. And the mids are starting to appear a bit bashed and tired. Running power on the wing lost with Duursma out. Feels like we're starting to rely on scoring from the back half instead. We're probably really looking forward to the bye.

Essendon are like Norm MacDonald after he got fired from Saturday Night Live then got asked back to host. I'm not sure Essendon are any better I think the rest of the comp must be really really bad

lid off for the bonce?
Not at all. I'm well aware of where we're at.

But we also just beat Richmond for the 2nd time in a row for the first time in over a decade. Enjoy the moment.

Never been so happy with Hind
fire superhero GIF by South Park

Remove this Banner Ad

AFL Toast Dreamtime Winning

Remove this Banner Ad

Back