AFL Toast Win against Wet Toast

Remove this Banner Ad

Poor defensive transition overall.
Some really poor mistakes that lead to turnovers.
But you know what . I will take going to the footy and seeing my side win any day of the week.
Go Bombers and who give a flying rats how we did it 😎

No matter where when and how we play this mob, mcgov /barass always seem to have magnets on them and we kick it straight to them. Here's hoping we can tag tom Stewart out of the game next week like everyone else seems to succeed in doing
Stewart will gobble them up if we enter our we did this week. We looked much better when the ball was moved in quickly.

How many premiership players did they have playing?

On the ABC call they mentioned 6 or 7, McGovern, Barrass, Darling and Yeo off the top of my head are some.

Pretty disgustingly inconsistent umpiring all round, the Wright non mark that led to a goal was a legitimate howler and some strange holding the ball calls not paid. People were understandably frustrated at the game when certain calls weren't paid both ways. It is what it is.

Harry did well working up and back and took some nice grabs, but we continue to shoot ourselves in the foot with haphazard inside 50 kicking, which played into the hands of their prime interceptors, general turnovers in the back half and continually struggle to find targets down the line. Bank the four points and see what happens over the next fortnight!

No doubt. Plenty two tacklers where they still managed to get the ball out. Which is still a size issue. I was more referring to when we had the ball.
Agree . What we did win was often rushed or just nullified.

I thought we excelled when we controlled the ball for the most part. We showed we could move through the gears well at times.

Lacklustre after the BYE but did just enough

Got walloped at the stoppages and clearances

Still a few passengers and i think 8 players failed to lay a tackle

Defence still a liability

Shame about Coxy - hopefully not too serious

Perks is a Rayner HFF/5 minute mid not a full time mid

Sooner DP3 and Setters get back in the better

Umpires clearly had 2 sets of rulebooks - one for them and one for us - HORRIBLE

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Lost clearances again and some really bad ones through the front of the stoppages, defense held up really well considering some of the looks WC got. Forwards played with good energy making space for each other
Yep. Got beaten from the middle too often and got smacked at stoppages.

Feels like it’s all Durham and Caldwell with little help.

Perkins not giving much - I think Setterfield is the better option right now. Archie might benefit from being reminded that his spot is not guranteed….seems complacent right now.

Yep. Got beaten from the middle too often and got smacked at stoppages.

Feels like it’s all Durham and Caldwell with little help.

Perkins not giving much - I think Setterfield is the better option right now. Archie might benefit from being reminded that his spot is not guranteed….seems complacent right now.
Come on, admit that we miss Darcy Parish.

Got the job done like we have a few times this season. We seem to play better against better opponents..

will Redman get a week?

Happy to take the thirty point win after they just wouldn't go away all game. Would've been nice to not kick it to their defenders all day, but it is what it is.

On to next week, where hopefully we can take advantage of a Hawkins and potentially Dangerfieldless Geelong and beat them for the first time since 2018.

On SM-G991B using BigFooty.com mobile app

Must play one of Hobbs or Setterfield until Parish is back.

Felt like everyone in the back half had one or two really careless turnovers which kept them in it every time I thought we were a chance to kick away.

Still, I'll take it, and great to see Heppell get on the end of one.

A bit of a mixture. On the positive side: Durham continues to show he is not just one of our very best, but among the comps leading mids. Jake S now consistently getting the bread and butter goals not just the odd spectacular one. J Caldwell again productive numbers. ThouhSam Draper was good, certainly did well enough we can give Goldstein a good break to refresh for the run home. Both Laverde and Heppell, who I confess not being a fan of, were very solid. Though I still get anxious when they have ball in hand. And of course Zach re.sins the constant reliable. Duursmaa and Jones also had good moments.
Redman and McGrath still a worry for mine. Andy is full of energy, but that disposal continually puts us in trouble, often from situations where we shouldn't be under pressure at all. Even when a scrubby kick isn't a direct turnover, it stops quick movement or puts the receiver under the pump.
The shallow forward 50 entries are too often not just easily nullified, but too often a platform for unpressured rebounds,either from virtually uncontested marks or total absence of crumbing pressure. Too often we just blame the kicker, when forwards don't present with hard leads or sit back on their heels.
Was a bit concerned that we seem to leak easy centre clearances .Need to address that against Dangerfield and Petracca

Remove this Banner Ad

Back