DT Trading Discussion 2010 (Part 5)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sounds like Lobbe is a chance to get a gig this week, which is good for me and other Hille owners.

Ive got a bit of a situation in my forwards though with P.Davis, Higgins out this week and Pods a chance to miss as well. According to some people on the Geelong board he pulled up alrite and with a week to recover might get up.

Not sure whether I should trade Howlett-> Neon Leon this week and DP with Higgins to avoid the zero and give me some decent cover for the rest of the year.

Only have 6 trades left for injuries etc so not sure whether to make the trade or not. Would also consider doing Roberts-> McNeil later in the year to give me cover for my non DP forwards.

My Forwards and Mids would be
M: Swan, Montagna, Bartel, Stanton, Barlow, Ball (Davis, Shuey)
F: Pav, Higgins, ROK, Byrnes, Gia, Pods, Brown (P. Davis, Roberts/McNeil)

DP playes in italics, Thoughts?

I'm gonna have to trade Higgins, 6 weeks out is too long for me to cover for him, and then he will have to be slowly introduced back in.

Can get any forward because I have 150k in the bank, looking at Chapman (still worried come the end of the year), Didak, Thomas, S.Johnson. Which would be the best choice?

My forwards are currently: Pav, ROK, Brown, Goodes, Hall, Pods and Higgins.

I'm gonna have to trade Higgins, 6 weeks out is too long for me to cover for him, and then he will have to be slowly introduced back in.

Can get any forward because I have 150k in the bank, looking at Chapman (still worried come the end of the year), Didak, Thomas, S.Johnson. Which would be the best choice?

9 news said it was only two weeks. Anywhere in writing that says 6 weeks?

Where does it say that Higgins is out for 6 weeks? From what I understand its just a one or two week injury.

Source?

Gysberts to be traded in for which player?

I have 9 trades and $49,500 left in the salary cap. I am aiming to win my league as I am too far behind in the overall ranking.

I am happy with my starting midfielders.
I have L. Stevenson (Wce) $184,600 and M. Banner (PA) $129,300 on my bench. I am hoping Stevenson will improve in price by about $90,000. Banner will probably not play for the rest of the season.

I do not want too much money sitting on the bench and I want to downgrade players when they have peaked in price. If I trade Gysberts for Stevenson then I will only have to use one downgrade trade towards end of season when Gysberts has peaked in price. If I trade Gysberts for Banner then this will mean I have two downgrade trades towards end of season when Gysberts and Stevenson have peaked in price.

Is the expected rise in Stevensons price worth an extra trade towards end of the season?
Which player should I trade out, Stevenson or Banner?

To get Gizzy or NcNeil? If Gizzy can do a Broughton then I'm gunna get on! But what if he does a Muston and does nothing from no onwards and at Melbourne they might give him a "rest" and we may never see him again. But McNeil having DP is sooo tempting. Then I'll have Goodes and McNeil in the mids and Pav, Sylvia, O'Keee and Didak in the forwards who can swap and that will be a massive advantage having 4-2 combo. And in the forwards Hitchy and Gumby have pretty good JS and so does Shuey in the mids WHEN he comes back.

From what I've heard Jizz's job security is not an issue - not in the short-term anyway. You should take heart from his more than adequate performance last Saturday and retaining his place when Scully and Trengove returned.

Thing is, getting McNeil is like getting 2 extra reserves. Which happen to be Gumby/Hitchy.
Say Ball is out for 1 week I move him to the bench and swap Didak/McNeil for EG then bench McNeil on the forwards for Hitchy/Gumby.

However Gizzy's score are very tempting and could possibly still get me good scores when I'm facing donuts

Thing is, getting McNeil is like getting 2 extra reserves. Which happen to be Gumby/Hitchy.
Say Ball is out for 1 week I move him to the bench and swap Didak/McNeil for EG then bench McNeil on the forwards for Hitchy/Gumby.

However Gizzy's score are very tempting and could possibly still get me good scores when I'm facing donuts

Yeh but you only get the Gyzzy opportunity once. McNeil aint going no where and you can bring him in later. Who know's may be Gyzzy will make you 200k when ur ready to downgrade to McNeil.

Only 6 trades left and my team is held together by sticks and glue. Hargrave and Broughton on the bench in Defence (had Davis on the field but now he's gone), JKT and Shuey on the bench in mids, and Rioli and Hughes on the bench in the forwards (with a possible injury to Sylvia)

Is it worth leaving myself with only 5 trades to get in Gizzy? Huge question marks over exactly when / for how long Shuey will get a game and JKT was just a plainly shite choice.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Only 6 trades left and my team is held together by sticks and glue. Hargrave and Broughton on the bench in Defence (had Davis on the field but now he's gone), JKT and Shuey on the bench in mids, and Rioli and Hughes on the bench in the forwards (with a possible injury to Sylvia)

Is it worth leaving myself with only 5 trades to get in Gizzy? Huge question marks over exactly when / for how long Shuey will get a game and JKT was just a plainly shite choice.

Same situation as you. Injuries have cost me the last week and once again a few will be missing again this week.

Alright:

FWD: ROK, Goodes, J. Brown, Hall, Pods, Dangerfield, Walker
EMG: Grant, Roberts

10 trades left, $197,700 in the bank.

I'm thinking of upgrading either Danger or Walker to Didak, but I'm not sure who?

Howlett to Gysberts

Davis to Gilbert

currently 237k in bank

will up grade either Mayne or Martin to Chappy the week after prob

I keep hearing McNeil's name thrown around. Is there something I don't know about him? Far as I know he's a 77k rookie, plays for Sydney, and is a DP player. That's all great, but is there any definite word that he's going to be upgraded?

I keep hearing McNeil's name thrown around. Is there something I don't know about him? Far as I know he's a 77k rookie, plays for Sydney, and is a DP player. That's all great, but is there any definite word that he's going to be upgraded?

No he may not even get a game all year... people who are talking about trading him in (i may consider it later in the year) are looking for a cheap DP option cause they need the cash and *hopefully* have good forward bench cover.

To get Gizzy or NcNeil?

I have the same decision to make.

Obviously, if it is Gysberts then it has to be this week that you pull the trigger. There's a bit more leeway with McNeil...can be next week, or week after etc. In my case, I still have Bastinac and Martin in MID that are appreciating in price, making the monetary gain from going to McNeil bigger each week.

It is Luke Shuey that is the big X-FACTOR in all this for me. With McNeil and Shuey as the "default" option for the midfield bench, it leaves me exposed to a fat donut if one of my premium midfielders is a late withdrawal (eg. Barlow a few weeks ago).

Also complicating the McNeil trade option is that I now have to carry Higgins on my forward bench for ~3 games.

finally, i can afford Ablett

Rockliff -> N.O'Keefe
Armstrong -> Ablett

leaves me with 2k in the bank

the problem is Sylvia though. if i do this trade my backup is NOK/Roberts which means i'll probably cop a donut if Sylvia misses.
the most likely scenario for me, is to keep Rockliff & Armstrong for another week, wait for their prices to increase, and play Rockliff (for Sylvia)
hopefully NOK gets named in the 22 to resolve all this.

Like many others this week I will be trading Gysberts in, and I'm also looking at getting a Ctr/Fwd DP link. I currently have 8 forwards and defenders with DP eligibility, and I already have a link betweem bac/ctr. I'm looking at eitehr getting Gary Rohan (200k) or McNeil (78k). I'm looking at Rohan because I currently have only 1 playing bench forward, so with Rohan I will at lteast be able to name an emergency. Here's my midfield and forward line...

Ablett Hodge (DP link) Bartel Montagna Barlow Martin (Shuey Howlett)
Pavlich ROK Gia J.Brown Franklin Goodes Pods (Rockliff, Weston)

Option 1.
This week: Shuey -> Gysberts, Howlett -> Rohan
Next week: Rockliff -> Didak.

This gives me 9 DP players and permanent back-up for my forwards. I see this as a safe, and will make it much easier to cover 1-3 weeks injuries.

Ablett Hodge Bartel Montagna Barlow Didak (Gysberts, Martin)
Pavlich ROK Gia J.Brown Franklin Goodes Pods (Rohan, Weston)

Option 2.
This week: Shuey -> Gysberts, Howlett -> McNeil
Next week: Martin -> Swan.

Quite risky, but I do get the added scoring potential of Swan, who many of my league opponents have.

Ablett Hodge Bartel Montagna Swan Barlow (Gysberts, McNeil)

If Swan averages 20ppg more than Didak that's an extra 200 points, but I'd only need to use Rohan as cover 3 times for that to have been outweighed.

I'd love a second opinion on what I should do.

What do people think of Grimes? 326k, ave: 85 BE:101 (a bit high)

8 trades left, 237k in the bank

Ok his BE might be a bit high but here is my dilemma. have Davis on the field and kennelly on the bench.

Thinking

Davis > Grimes (leaving 70k)
Howlett > Gysberts (leaving 200k)

Could then upgrade Martin to premium at the right time.

I have not seen much mention of Grimes in these threads so i thought it was worth bringing up. He does have a pretty high BE, which is a concern. I was looking at Carrazzo also, but he had been disappointing the past few weeks.

If i went for so Davis > Gilbert, this would rob me of upgrading Martin to a premium down the track

Current Backs:
Goddard, Hodge, Ernight, Duffield, Waters, J.Trengove, Davis (Kennelly, Health)

Will wait of Kennelly to come back and be my 7th back.

Thoughts? Thanks in advance

Like many others this week I will be trading Gysberts in, and I'm also looking at getting a Ctr/Fwd DP link. I currently have 8 forwards and defenders with DP eligibility, and I already have a link betweem bac/ctr. I'm looking at eitehr getting Gary Rohan (200k) or McNeil (78k). I'm looking at Rohan because I currently have only 1 playing bench forward, so with Rohan I will at lteast be able to name an emergency. Here's my midfield and forward line...

Ablett Hodge (DP link) Bartel Montagna Barlow Martin (Shuey Howlett)

Option 1.
This week: Shuey -> Gysberts, Howlett -> Rohan
Next week: Rockliff -> Didak.

This gives me 9 DP players and permanent back-up for my forwards. I see this as a safe, and will make it much easier to cover 1-3 weeks injuries.

Ablett Hodge Bartel Montagna Barlow Didak (Gysberts, Martin)
Pavlich ROK Gia J.Brown Franklin Goodes Pods (Rohan, Weston)

Option 2.
This week: Shuey -> Gysberts, Howlett -> McNeil
Next week: Martin -> Swan.

Quite risky, but I do get the added scoring potential of Swan, who many of my league opponents have.

Ablett Hodge Bartel Montagna Swan Barlow (Gysberts, McNeil)

If Swan averages 20ppg more than Didak that's an extra 200 points, but I'd only need to use Rohan as cover 3 times for that to have been outweighed.

I'd love a second opinion on what I should do.

Option 2 IMO. Swan will outscore Martin more than Didak will Rocky. Going McNeil seems to be a popular choice due to his DP. I personally think it is worth the punt. Swan looked very good last week. Swan would top off your mids.

Plus i think Rockliff is better emergency than Rohan

Option 2 IMO. Swan will outscore Martin more than Didak will Rocky. Going McNeil seems to be a popular choice due to his DP. I personally think it is worth the punt. Swan looked very good last week. Swan would top off your mids.

Plus i think Rockliff is better emergency than Rohan

Cheers for your opinion Jet11, I agree with what you say, but I'm just not sure if the added points Swan will bring will be worth only having two 1 playing emergency in each position. If I had 2 I could even use DP to perhaps swap someone underperforming like Gia onto the bench and put Gysberts on the field. Option 2 removes all this flexibilty.

In your case, I think there are better options than Grimes that you could go for. If you don't want to go for Carrazzo because he's been dissappointing (only for the past 2 weeks mind you), I don't see why you'd go for Grimes (who's been equally dissappointing). There's quite a few underperforming premiums at that price range which would be better IMO, such as H.Shaw, Newman and Gilbee.

Sounds like Lobbe is a chance to get a gig this week, which is good for me and other Hille owners.

Ive got a bit of a situation in my forwards though with P.Davis, Higgins out this week and Pods a chance to miss as well. According to some people on the Geelong board he pulled up alrite and with a week to recover might get up.

Not sure whether I should trade Howlett-> Neon Leon this week and DP with Higgins to avoid the zero and give me some decent cover for the rest of the year.

Only have 6 trades left for injuries etc so not sure whether to make the trade or not. Would also consider doing Roberts-> McNeil later in the year to give me cover for my non DP forwards.

My Forwards and Mids would be
M: Swan, Montagna, Bartel, Stanton, Barlow, Ball (Davis, Shuey)
F: Pav, Higgins, ROK, Byrnes, Gia, Pods, Brown (P. Davis, Roberts/McNeil)

DP playes in italics, Thoughts?

Going to bump this.

Not really to sure now what to as Higgins could be out anywhere up to 6 weeks. Really not sure what to do.

With Hille out as well im hopefully going to cover him with Lobbe if he gets named otherwise Ill just cop the donut

Basically do I go Howlett-> Neon Leon or trade out Higgins and bring in Didak?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back