DT Trading Discussion 2010 (Part 6)

Remove this Banner Ad

My team is ROYALLY SCREWED.

Hayes, Sandi, Pav, J Brown (???),

1 trade left.

Thought i had it all covered.... (I do have emergencies everywhere to cover all these guys, but i'd like to MAXIMISE that 1 trade so that i win my leagues....)

My mate does not have Sandi, Hayes or Pav. :(

Who of pav sandi and hayes is less likely to play in rnd 22 (and if you think they'll all play then who will score the least?)

My team is ROYALLY SCREWED.

Hayes, Sandi, Pav, J Brown (???),

1 trade left.

Thought i had it all covered.... (I do have emergencies everywhere to cover all these guys, but i'd like to MAXIMISE that 1 trade so that i win my leagues....)

My mate does not have Sandi, Hayes or Pav. :(

I've got the same problem with you, same players and 1 trade left (47,400).

Hardingham is covering Hayes :(
Warnock is covering Sandi

My last trade will either be on pavlich or brown depending if brown is out tomorrow.

If brown is out tomorrow when teams come out Brown to Morton and my emergency D.Stewart to play for pav :(

If brown named Pavlich to Thomas

Pavlich will be back next week so prefer to get rid of brown if both.

I don't expect to make my league finals anymore :(

If you have good forward cover e.g pods or rockliffe maybe trade hayes?

For now i think my best trades are either:

Hayes -> Ablett.

OR

Pavlich -> Judd.

Can also afford Brown -> Morton or something weird like that (though i don't like this trade at all)

Who of pav sandi and hayes is less likely to play in rnd 22 (and if you think they'll all play then who will score the least?)

fremantle are loading up to beat carlton so both pav and sandilands should come back in.

The saints are playing in adelaide next week - maybe hayes less likely with his back.

Be surprised if one of them does not play.

Other top players have struggled in adelaide this yr - Ablett & Boyd

How do we feel about upgrading Beau Waters? He has been a loyal servent, but I'm just not sure... Scotland is right there.. James Kelly, Greg Broughton, Duffield.. hmmm... I have Hodge, Goddard, Gilbert, Enright, Harbrown, Hargrave

I have 3 trades left, one will be used on sideways for Pav, the other is burning a hole in my pocket... Hargrave and Waters are the weakest players in my side, but I'm liking Hargraves form recently, hasn't dipped below 80 for a while, with a couple of tonnes in there..

How do we feel about upgrading Beau Waters? He has been a loyal servent, but I'm just not sure... Scotland is right there.. James Kelly, Greg Broughton, Duffield.. hmmm... I have Hodge, Goddard, Gilbert, Enright, Harbrown, Hargrave

I have 3 trades left, one will be used on sideways for Pav, the other is burning a hole in my pocket... Hargrave and Waters are the weakest players in my side, but I'm liking Hargraves form recently, hasn't dipped below 80 for a while, with a couple of tonnes in there..

Waters played well against the cats last time he scored 155 but his scores have been up and down. Maybe keep hargraves if you prefer to be more safer.

Need to get an advantage in my prelim and am thinking uniques the way to go;

3 trades & $106,000 so will have 1 trade for the GF if i make it;

sandi>mumford - mummy seems to love a tackle and gets more of the ball than the avg ruck. tight SCG ground should see him benefit surely.

higgins>schneider - with lenny missing and schneiders decent form of late i'm thinking & hoping he'll be up for another 100+ score vs tigers. my debate here is i could also afford chappy or franklin, which my opponent has. dont trust chappy to play next week but expect franklin to score well.

thoughts on the mummy/schneider combo appreciated

Need to get an advantage in my prelim and am thinking uniques the way to go;

3 trades & $106,000 so will have 1 trade for the GF if i make it;

sandi>mumford - mummy seems to love a tackle and gets more of the ball than the avg ruck. tight SCG ground should see him benefit surely.

higgins>schneider - with lenny missing and schneiders decent form of late i'm thinking & hoping he'll be up for another 100+ score vs tigers. my debate here is i could also afford chappy or franklin, which my opponent has. dont trust chappy to play next week but expect franklin to score well.

thoughts on the mummy/schneider combo appreciated

I like the idea of Mumford. Should score well on SCG as you say. Schneider also looks a unique option and has a lovely couple of opponents to end the season. I too am worried about Chappy next week but then surely the week he hurt his knee against the Swans would have been the one to rest him so maybe a rest isnt in the plans?

I have 3 trades and 400k. Want to improve my forwards. Currently Gia, Okeefe, Reiwoldt, Rockliff, Brown, Murphy, Pav (Pods, Stewart)

Looking to trade Okeefe and Brown (play Pods for Pav). Not sure which 2 to bring in out of Didak, Chappy, Sylvia, Harvey, Franklin etc.

Help would be much appreciated:)

I like the idea of Mumford. Should score well on SCG as you say. Schneider also looks a unique option and has a lovely couple of opponents to end the season. I too am worried about Chappy next week but then surely the week he hurt his knee against the Swans would have been the one to rest him so maybe a rest isnt in the plans?

I have 3 trades and 400k. Want to improve my forwards. Currently Gia, Okeefe, Reiwoldt, Rockliff, Brown, Murphy, Pav (Pods, Stewart)

Looking to trade Okeefe and Brown (play Pods for Pav). Not sure which 2 to bring in out of Didak, Chappy, Sylvia, Harvey, Franklin etc.

Help would be much appreciated:)

any of the option you mention would be great inclusions. i'm now leaning towards buddy instead of schneider. he'll get plenty of supply from hawks mids & can't see who from freo will restrict him. harvey plays 300th & scored 160+ earlier in the year. talk of masten playing a tagging role against harvey. suggest harvey will teach him a lesson.

in summary favour buddy & harvey.

Tough prelim game for me. I have Brown Pav and Sandi. Will use Trengove as cover for Sandi, as im sure he'll def be back for next round vs Carlton.
Pav and Brown dilemma...who am i best to trade and who to? will wait til final teams to see what happens with brown, hope he isnt still named and instead a late withdrawl :-(

My fwds are: Gia, Pav, N Riewoldt, ROK, Pods, Sylvia, Brown (Hitchcock, TDL)
Will use Hitchcock as cover for Pav, but Pav is guarantee to play next week, Brown is not.

Options
1. Pav/Brown > Didak
2. Pav/Brown > Franklin3. Other???

Please advise...

Tough prelim game for me. I have Brown Pav and Sandi. Will use Trengove as cover for Sandi, as im sure he'll def be back for next round vs Carlton.
Pav and Brown dilemma...who am i best to trade and who to? will wait til final teams to see what happens with brown, hope he isnt still named and instead a late withdrawl :-(

My fwds are: Gia, Pav, N Riewoldt, ROK, Pods, Sylvia, Brown (Hitchcock, TDL)
Will use Hitchcock as cover for Pav, but Pav is guarantee to play next week, Brown is not.

Options
1. Pav/Brown > Didak
2. Pav/Brown > Franklin3. Other???

Please advise...

This your last trade? I'd probably go Pav-Franklin, for the biggest point gain for this round. It'll sting if Brown misses r22 and Pav is back, but if you don't cover Pav this week you mightn't even get to the gf. Against a very undermanned Freo at Aurora Franklin could lay down a monster. Didak's a solid option too though.

I have 3 trades left and 21k. I've got Sandi with no cover, and Pav with Watts to cover.

I'm thinking Sandi to Cox and Pav to Roo.

I can't go any more expensive than Cox if i wanna be able to afford Pav-Roo. Ryder/Hille/Luey/Jamar/Kepler are alternatives, but i think i like the Cox. I guess i could hold Pav and just play Watts for a week... but i want Roo, and would be pretty angry if i held the trade, only to lose my league match by less than the diff between Roo and Watts' scores.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I need to free up 40k in my forward line to get another quality mid.

Obviously Pavlich will come out of the side, do I dare replace him with Brown? Or am I better off going with some lesser player in the same range like Bate or Varcoe who are guaranteed to play and riding my luck?

$45k, 1 trade left.

Pavlich for Daisy Thomas, Rioli or Rockliff?

Rioli has the potential to tear an undermanned Freo a part this weekend, so he could be your best option!

What do people think of Mitch Morton? I have 1 trade left and have Sandi / Pav out. If I'm going to trade I've narrowed it down to Pav -> Morton (due to money constraints), my opponent is trading Pav to Rioli. I can also not trade and use Pods as cover.

Both the people in the other prelim will have 0 trades left for the GF, so it could be an advantage to hold onto it...

Cloke or Daisy, Are my main choices.

Also considering a wildcard like Byrnes or Stokes cos thinking Geelong could run riot over eagles if I make the gf and willing to take that punt this week.

Any thoughts.

Have Pavlich and Higgins out.
3k off Higgins to Roo.

Have 2 trades left.

Option 1 - Pavlich to Brown / Morton (new role avg100 in 4 games) / Stokes / Byrnes / Pods
and then Higgins to Riewoldt

Possible result:
This week: Pav trade player = 85 points, Roo = 120
Next week: Pav trade player = 85 points, Roo = 105
= 395

Option 2 - Higgins to Thomas / Rockliff, play Hitchcock for Pav and have 1 trade for an omission next week.

Possible result:
This week: Hitchcock in for Pav = 60 points, Rockliff = 100 points
Next week: Pav = 85 points (rested late), Rockliff = 100 points + trade instead of playing an emergency = 50 points.
= 395 points

Option 2 seems obvious but with a bit of luck with whoever I got for Pav and with Roo I could gain 60+ points this week and I have emergencies in all areas so it would be hard to make that up next week unless there are lots of omissions which I can't see happening a week before finals.
Roo will keep working hard to get full fitness and confidence and he's playing Richmond plus I wouldn't trust Pav to score very much when he comes back.

Would appreciate some thoughts.

This your last trade? I'd probably go Pav-Franklin, for the biggest point gain for this round. It'll sting if Brown misses r22 and Pav is back, but if you don't cover Pav this week you mightn't even get to the gf. Against a very undermanned Freo at Aurora Franklin could lay down a monster. Didak's a solid option too though.

I have 3 trades left and 21k. I've got Sandi with no cover, and Pav with Watts to cover.

I'm thinking Sandi to Cox and Pav to Roo.

I can't go any more expensive than Cox if i wanna be able to afford Pav-Roo. Ryder/Hille/Luey/Jamar/Kepler are alternatives, but i think i like the Cox. I guess i could hold Pav and just play Watts for a week... but i want Roo, and would be pretty angry if i held the trade, only to lose my league match by less than the diff between Roo and Watts' scores.

Yes its my last trade :-(. Im more confident of beating the winner of either of the other prelim final opponents, than my opponent this week. So might as well use the trade this week.

Cox is a good trade, somewhat seems unique based on everyones discussion around other ruck options for Sandi.

I see lots of people are looking for a good value forward to bring in for Pav/Higgins etc. No one is considering Jarrad Waite. Why not? Except for one instance, he's been getting over 90 every week since round 7. Really good value at 343k.

I see lots of people are looking for a good value forward to bring in for Pav/Higgins etc. No one is considering Jarrad Waite. Why not? Except for one instance, he's been getting over 90 every week since round 7. Really good value at 343k.

Because he is up against Geelong this week?

That's my concern for players from Carlton, Adelaide, Richmond

Remove this Banner Ad

DT Trading Discussion 2010 (Part 6)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back