DT Trading discussion 2010

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ahaha.

Anyway I'm a little annoyed at my forward mid-pricers. Zeibell and Hall aren't holding up so well. The other player I feel needs to goo soon if he doesn't improve is Ball. Will hold onto him for a few more weeks though. I will most likely do the same with Jay-Z and Hall because they should hold their prices.

Not sure who my targets are at the moment. I need to do some research!

And who's to say Pods will keep getting a game? Sure he is playing well, but he's far from an automatic selection with Hawkins and Mooney also up forward. New to this game, but if you're going to trade for a forward now, surely they have to be keepers in your side?
Pods is pretty secure in that side for the next short while after his first 2 performances. 7 goals and 21 marks in 2 weeks is highly impressive. Only have Rooke and Scarlett to come back in the side, who would displace Duncan and Lonergan IMO. Playing 3 key fowards is working atm for Geelong, can't see why they would change anytime soon. Certainly will generate enough cash for a future upgrade. And this is from Mark Thompson on the 3 working together:
“I thought they all had an impact. I thought we looked really dangerous when we kicked the ball in there to an even-numbered contest, so I think it’ll probably happen again next week.

“We’ll see how long it lasts for and I hope it does last because there wouldn’t be too many sides with three really good tall defenders out there, so it might be an advantage for us.”

And why does he have to trade for a keeper in the fowards now? This week I will be trading Medhurst down to Pods so I can facilitate an upgrade of Ball to either Bartel/Ablett. It just depends on your situation.

Everyone saying i shouldn't have traded Brown, Pav was 100% better and i expect a better week from Pav this week as well, with Freo playing Richmond

You have 20 trades for the entire year, if you want to squander them by trading out an in form premium in Jono Brown for Matty Pav on the basis that Pav is playing the tigers soon then be my guest.

And who's to say Pods will keep getting a game? Sure he is playing well, but he's far from an automatic selection with Hawkins and Mooney also up forward. New to this game, but if you're going to trade for a forward now, surely they have to be keepers in your side?

How do you predict whether a mid-range or rookie is going to be a keeper?

My forward line consists of 5 premiums, Yarran and Peterson, and a dud bench in Gumbleton and Roberts. Yarran is giving me nothing more than his BE of 55, whilst Peterson is a cash cow. In order to upgrade Peterson down the track, I need to generate some money from a Yarran to Pods/Rockliff trade.

If this is trade burning, how else do I generate the cash to upgrade to a keeper?

Pods is pretty secure in that side for the next short while after his first 2 performances. 7 goals and 21 marks in 2 weeks is highly impressive. Only have Rooke and Scarlett to come back in the side, who would displace Duncan and Lonergan IMO. Playing 3 key fowards is working atm for Geelong, can't see why they would change anytime soon. Certainly will generate enough cash for a future upgrade. And this is from Mark Thompson on the 3 working together:

And why does he have to trade for a keeper in the fowards now? This week I will be trading Medhurst down to Pods so I can facilitate an upgrade of Ball to either Bartel/Ablett. It just depends on your situation.

Trading down Medhurst to fund another trade is fine. But trading Hitchcock for Pods seems to make little sense. And trading Brown for Pav is bewildering. They'll probably average similar scores for the remainder of the season. Even a DT newbie like me can see that is a nothing trade at best, and one that may even cost you points.

How do you predict whether a mid-range or rookie is going to be a keeper?

My forward line consists of 5 premiums, Yarran and Peterson, and a dud bench in Gumbleton and Roberts. Yarran is giving me nothing more than his BE of 55, whilst Peterson is a cash cow. In order to upgrade Peterson down the track, I need to generate some money from a Yarran to Pods/Rockliff trade.

If this is trade burning, how else do I generate the cash to upgrade to a keeper?

I would think that trading for Pods now means you missed the boat. It's like those who traded for Barlow after Round 3. Gumbleton isn't so bad to have on your bench. He has already made you $50,000 plus and is guaranteed a game bar injury.

Downgrading a Medhurst or Yarran to generate cash seems alright as I've already said. Pods is in the team for now but for how long? Is there anyone here who thinks Brown to Pav was a good trade?

Is there anyone here who thinks Brown to Pav was a good trade?

I personally wouldn't have wasted a trade on that. I see them averaging the same each round, or close enough too.

Pods will not leave the side on form, only matchups. There is no way he will be dropped in his current form - insert him in your lineup.

I would think that trading for Pods now means you missed the boat. It's like those who traded for Barlow after Round 3. Gumbleton isn't so bad to have on your bench. He has already made you $50,000 plus and is guaranteed a game bar injury.

Downgrading a Medhurst or Yarran to generate cash seems alright as I've already said. Pods is in the team for now but for how long? Is there anyone here who thinks Brown to Pav was a good trade?

Pods has only played 2 games, his price has yet to rise. I don't see why Geelong would drop him either. He was our most prominent tall forward today. I would have him ahead of Hawkins at least.

I'm thinking of going either Medhurst, Mayne or Dangerfield to Pods, then Tippet (whos in my ruck) to McIntosh or Cox (I might do it next week waiting for Cox to drop in value again) for an improvement of about 40ppg from tippet. Which of the three should I get rid of do you think - I'm leaning torwards Danger...

I'm thinking of going either Medhurst, Mayne or Dangerfield to Pods, then Tippet (whos in my ruck) to McIntosh or Cox (I might do it next week waiting for Cox to drop in value again) for an improvement of about 40ppg from tippet. Which of the three should I get rid of do you think - I'm leaning torwards Danger...

I'm considering an exodus of the adelaide players as well. only person im keeping is thompson - tippet and dangerfield are under the microscope this week

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Tippett has ****ed up my team so much it isn't funny. His price is dropping like a lead balloon. I don't want to trade a rookie out as they all will go up quite a bit more from here but I don't want Tippett to lose any more value.

Thinking of doing Tippett-->Rockliff and saving the money to upgrade Podsiadly/Hitchcock once they max. their price.

Im trading Hitchcock to Pods. From what I have seen Pods is a far superior player to Hawkins, if Geelong want to win the premiership this year then Pods should be playing ahead of Hawkins so even if Cats decide to only go with two talls I think Pods will keep his spot. He may even be better than Mooney.

To add to that Hitchcock spot in the side doesn't look very stong and he hasn't scored well at all yet. Plus this trade gives me about 70k. Pretty sensible and obvious trade imo.

The other trade I am thinking about is Medhurst to Rockliff. Not sure about that one yet though.

Hoping to bring in a couple of premiums in rounds 6 and 7. Sylvia looks good to bring in after this weekend.

Currently have 19 trades left

may make 2 trades this week
hitchcock for podsiadly

and tippett for another ruckman not sure who

Is it a waste of a trade to get pods now while cheap even though he may sit on my bench next round?

Will most likely go Robbie Tarrant to Pods and Shuey to Kane Lucus (If Shuey is out for more than three). Will mean that il have 60 odd grand to upgrade Hille to Cox in a week or two.

I'm not feeling confident about Hitchcocks spot in the side. Will obviously wait until teams are released before I decide if i want to go after pods.

Don't trade Ballantyne mate, end of.
He has played the best two sides, will average alot higher over the next month.

Hey guys, I'm looking to free up some cash by trading out Hall or Ziebell, so that i can upgrade in the upcoming weeks. Are there any rookies that i should be looking out for, who will rise after the next round? I already have Podsiadly and Rockliff.

I would think your options are pretty limited. Maybe look to free up cash elsewhere, or hold. Not many good forward rookies that aren't already peaking/rising, and you said you have Pods and Rockliff who look like the best two downgrade options at this stage.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back