Dustin Martin Contract Thread [GWS Will Not Offer Dusty a Contract]

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Matthew Lloyd having a crack at Dustin for how he acted at the brownlow...because Edwards was feeding him grapes! Give me a break.

Faarking hell. Are players not allowed to muck around anymore? Its like they are in high school. "Sit up straight, no talking, eyes to the front". Dustys going end up in detention at this rate and will have to stay back after all the other players go home.

What could Hawks give us do you think UTG? If they get the 2 first round comp picks for Buddy (providing he does leave), they'd essentially have pick 17, plus 18 and 19.

Would all 3 picks be gettable for Dusty? Pundits seem to think it's a weak draft which has me concerned

Paging Tiger71 anything to be concerned about, what is this curveball Slobbo speaks of?

Why 3 picks? They would only get 1 for buddy.

I thought that as well, but there was an article the other day saying the AFL has discretion to give 2 comp picks. Despite him coming under FA, he'd be a band 1 which would be a first round selection, although the article insinuated that he's a special case, high profile, AFL could award identical compo to Ablett (despite Ablett not being under FA at the time).

Can't be bothered digging up the article, and I can't remember whether there were any quotes from AFL administrators confirming this is a possibility.

No wont happen.

OK lets get a few things clear. I'll try to brake it down in two parts so there is no misunderstanding, as some of the shit posted here by some are utterly disgraceful and down right dangerous in the sense how it may expose this site to some serious heat.

Pt1

For those that are rabid in the fact that the player was out on the weekend doing drugs. I don't know what to say about that, I was not there and didn't have a mate saying he was doing this or that. If it was as open as you say then IT WOULD HAVE COME OUT BY NOW. I ask you, from what has been said here, why has it not flooded the media,and talk back radio ?

If its true that Hardwick was talking to Dusty about what has been spoken about in "social media", why then has our captain and CEO come out AFTER saying we know Dusty as a person and as a player and he is welcome back to tiger land ? Do you seriously think our club would expose itself like that If they even believed what was being said like the utter tripe which is being written on here now ?

Now we have all heard the story's, they have been going on for YEARS about Dusty. As they have been for really any named player that has a bit of a "naughty boy image"...Franklin and perth nightclubs anyone ? BUT that's all they are, gutter storys told by half pissed "witnesses". Seriously, FFS why would a AFL player be so so f'n idiotic to do lines in a public night club toilet? Why is there no pictures posted from someone's iphone on Facebook etc ????

I am not attacking any posters, hey I give the benefit of the doubt that you believe what you have been told and I do respect that but c'mon lets show some common sense. We talk about loyalty and some here have slaged Dusty off by not displaying it BUT when its our turn to show it, some of those same vocal minority that trash Dusty are the first to attack him. That's not a coincidence IMO.

Just my opinion!

Pt2

Now to say that GWS have always been interested in Dusty and still are is a pile of horseshit. They put out a f'n statement saying they are not interested, there coach was on tv saying how dusty LOVES they club, how he could not stop TALKING about the club. So there is where I put my faith, not some bloke who claims otherwise, that's my right as its webers right to not rate my post :p.
I believe the curve ball may be shaw, I will confirm it tomorrow. I believe the blubber man is taking a punt that Shaws now confirmed intention in seeking a trade is somehow going to impact GWS and our trade for Adams which in some mysterious way will cause Dusty to walk to some club. IMO really really long bow to draw.

I freely admit, Hawks may make a play, we will know something's not right if Dusty is not signed up before our BF but till that happens I keep to the info I have been given. Also look at it structurally, do you think the Hawks need another Mid like Martin or will they go hammer and tong from a young clearance machine in lets say Adams ? Or make a play for a big name from another club who has not signed yet ? It will surprise a few but there are a few who have not signed yet either :p

But to say again GWS will get Dusty by making him walk to the PSD is laughable!

EDIT- I was going to keep this quite but im sure my source will be ok with it when I speak to him in the morning, if not ill delete it. I just am not going to ring him at 12am lol.

To that shit about Hardwick. I can tell you 100% Hardwick made sure Dusty knew how let down he felt during his convo ( in his special way) but that If Dusty wanted to come back say so and he will make it happen and all is forgotten ( in so many words) based on Dustys answer you have seen the result by the clubs actions.

To say hardwick was grilling Dusty about rumors of Saturday night is ****ing stunning in its bullshit

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What did he actually say. Is their a link?
Basically he said he was uncomfortable watching them. Added that if he were Martin he'd be sitting there still enjoying the night but bringing no attention to himself.
Finally said that he's a good player but he's second halves can be linked directly to his lifestyle.
He needs to change his lifestyle .
Caro then agreed and added that he has a long way to go in regards lifestyle.
I thought it was fair enough.

It has been said that dusty is going to brissy to see the lions as said on 3aw and dwayno.

THIS

I broke the news for those that were Choco focused about the respect both share but I will wait till that's confirmed. Firstly there board is in amazing shambles atm and too if what I hear is true, they stunningly are straped for cap space. Mainly I trust in Leppa's integrity now he is there coach. So I know how dwanyo likes to make the odd call but I think he is just putting two dots together on this one and trying to draw a line

Surely Richmond would be getting just a little tired of this if it's true. If he goes to Brisbane or any other club for that matter allowing himself to be spruiked by Carr then I think the Tiges (Dan Richardson) should move to bring things to a head. Enough's enough if it's true. Dustin should know by now if he wants to stay at Richmond.

Few things have convinced me he has well and truely signed, albeit verbally.

1. Spoke volumes about Richmond when Ralph Carr dragged him along to GWS.
2. If the club was under the impression he was leaving, he wouldn't have been allowed to attend the Brownlow. (Not sure on this one, how much say do the clubs have?)
3. His relationship with the players at the club, he and Azza Edwards get along like a house on fire, fist pumping Cotchin everytime himself or Cotch polled a best on ground 3 points. Also, he just genuinely looked happy and relaxed at the table, like he didn't really have much to worry about. Just small things like that really convinced me.
4. Going by a lot of reports, he and Dimma caught up on friday night for a chat. Dimma loves Dusty, he will want him to stay.
5. Can't picture him in another jumper.

I have had a gut feeling from the start that he will be re-signing. I just hope it gets done sooner, rather than later. I'm not going to lie, I have been losing sleep over this.
If we can keep a hold of Dusty, bring in Taylor Adams and Heath Shaw, we will be very strong contenders next season. Bookmark it.

Few things have convinced me he has well and truely signed, albeit verbally.

1. Spoke volumes about Richmond when Ralph Carr dragged him along to GWS.
2. If the club was under the impression he was leaving, he wouldn't have been allowed to attend the Brownlow. (Not sure on this one, how much say do the clubs have?)
3. His relationship with the players at the club, he and Azza Edwards get along like a house on fire, fist pumping Cotchin everytime himself or Cotch polled a best on ground 3 points. Also, he just genuinely looked happy and relaxed at the table, like he didn't really have much to worry about. Just small things like that really convinced me.
4. Going by a lot of reports, he and Dimma caught up on friday night for a chat. Dimma loves Dusty, he will want him to stay.
5. Can't picture him in another jumper.

I have had a gut feeling from the start that he will be re-signing. I just hope it gets done sooner, rather than later. I'm not going to lie, I have been losing sleep over this.
If we can keep a hold of Dusty, bring in Taylor Adams and Heath Shaw, we will be very strong contenders next season. Bookmark it.

We need more than Shaw to make us contenders. Unfortunately Shaw can't help us but Docherty could:thumbsu:

OK lets get a few things clear. I'll try to brake it down in two parts so there is no misunderstanding, as some of the shit posted here by some are utterly disgraceful and down right dangerous in the sense how it may expose this site to some serious heat.

Pt1

For those that are rabid in the fact that the player was out on the weekend doing drugs. I don't know what to say about that, I was not there and didn't have a mate saying he was doing this or that. If it was as open as you say then IT WOULD HAVE COME OUT BY NOW. I ask you, from what has been said here, why has it not flooded the media,and talk back radio ?

If its true that Hardwick was talking to Dusty about what has been spoken about in "social media", why then has our captain and CEO come out AFTER saying we know Dusty as a person and as a player and he is welcome back to tiger land ? Do you seriously think our club would expose itself like that If they even believed what was being said like the utter tripe which is being written on here now ?

Now we have all heard the story's, they have been going on for YEARS about Dusty. As they have been for really any named player that has a bit of a "naughty boy image"...Franklin and perth nightclubs anyone ? BUT that's all they are, gutter storys told by half pissed "witnesses". Seriously, FFS why would a AFL player be so so f'n idiotic to do lines in a public night club toilet? Why is there no pictures posted from someone's iphone on Facebook etc ????

I am not attacking any posters, hey I give the benefit of the doubt that you believe what you have been told and I do respect that but c'mon lets show some common sense. We talk about loyalty and some here have slaged Dusty off by not displaying it BUT when its our turn to show it, some of those same vocal minority that trash Dusty are the first to attack him. That's not a coincidence IMO.

Just my opinion!

Pt2

Now to say that GWS have always been interested in Dusty and still are is a pile of horseshit. They put out a f'n statement saying they are not interested, there coach was on tv saying how dusty LOVES they club, how he could not stop TALKING about the club. So there is where I put my faith, not some bloke who claims otherwise, that's my right as its webers right to not rate my post :p.
I believe the curve ball may be shaw, I will confirm it tomorrow. I believe the blubber man is taking a punt that Shaws now confirmed intention in seeking a trade is somehow going to impact GWS and our trade for Adams which in some mysterious way will cause Dusty to walk to some club. IMO really really long bow to draw.

I freely admit, Hawks may make a play, we will know something's not right if Dusty is not signed up before our BF but till that happens I keep to the info I have been given. Also look at it structurally, do you think the Hawks need another Mid like Martin or will they go hammer and tong from a young clearance machine in lets say Adams ? Or make a play for a big name from another club who has not signed yet ? It will surprise a few but there are a few who have not signed yet either :p

But to say again GWS will get Dusty by making him walk to the PSD is laughable!

EDIT- I was going to keep this quite but im sure my source will be ok with it when I speak to him in the morning, if not ill delete it. I just am not going to ring him at 12am lol.

To that shit about Hardwick. I can tell you 100% Hardwick made sure Dusty knew how let down he felt during his convo ( in his special way) but that If Dusty wanted to come back say so and he will make it happen and all is forgotten ( in so many words) based on Dustys answer you have seen the result by the clubs actions.

To say hardwick was grilling Dusty about rumors of Saturday night is ******* stunning in its bullshit

Waffle Waffle Waffle,

Anyone could speculate that.

You are just one big gambler and thrive on your speculations coming in.

So far you have had a good record, but stop pulling my chain.

HBT.

We need more than Shaw to make us contenders. Unfortunately Shaw can't help us but Docherty could:thumbsu:
I personally rate Shaw very highly as a player. Docherty has potential yes, but didn't show enough in a relatively weak Brisbane side, especially for the position he plays. I saw a fair bit of him, struggled to get into games, just doesn't seem like best 22 material for Richmond.

Waffle Waffle Waffle,

Anyone could speculate that.

You are just one big gambler and thrive on your speculations coming in.

So far you have a good record but stop pulling my chain.

HBT.

He even just said that was his opinion. :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back