Dustin Martin Contract Thread [GWS Will Not Offer Dusty a Contract]

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I personally rate Shaw very highly as a player. Docherty has potential yes, but didn't show enough in a relatively weak Brisbane side, especially for the position he plays. I saw a fair bit of him, struggled to get into games, just doesn't seem like best 22 material for Richmond.

Docherty should be best 22 material based on pre-draft form. I think he could be a real value play based on his apparent dip at Brisbane. If we got him as a second/third rounder would be a steal and if didn't work out so be it worth the punt easily IMO!

Shaw is simply to old for our window but apart from that just comes with issues we do not need which will upset our fabric. Shaw would be on of the last players I would chase honestly

If we got Docherty and another CHB/swingman of adequate quality that would/should well and truely sow up our backline for the next 8 years IMO after Newman etc.. with McIntosh hopefully improving next year so Lids can shift up the ground:thumbsu:

Waffle Waffle Waffle

Good speculation but nothing new here.
Sigh. Didn't realise people weren't allowed to post on this topic unless they have substantially significant or new news. -_-

Sigh. Didn't realise people weren't allowed to post on this topic unless they have substantially significant or new news. -_-

I think Tiger71 needs to make a new account for posting opinions and save the current one for info from his source.

Shaw is not too old. He's entering his peak.
Still I wouldn't trade for him though.

year but we need players peaking in 3-7 years when Conca, Cotch and V are going full boar. Shaw can't help us when he is in his 30's like other youngsters.

Honestly Shaw is past his peak, he will not be better than what he has already been IMO, Quite confident of that. Shaw is nearly 28!

Docherty should be best 22 material based on pre-draft form. I think he could be a real value play based on his apparent dip at Brisbane. If we got him as a second/third rounder would be a steal and if didn't work out so be it worth the punt easily IMO!

Shaw is simply to old for our window but apart from that just comes with issues we do not need which will upset our fabric. Shaw would be on of the last players I would chase honestly

If we got Docherty and another CHB/swingman that would/should well and truely sow up our backline for the next 8 years IMO after Newman etc.. with McIntosh hopefully improving next year so Lids can shift up the ground:thumbsu:
Sorry a lot of players look great pre-draft but it doesn't always turn out that way.
Fair enough on Shaw, I disagree though. He has a lot to offer for the next 3 years, like you said we have some guys coming through that could replace him by the time he pulls the pin. On his issues... there hasn't been all year. Just his on-field petulance, which we are used to because of Jack. I don't see anything wrong with showing emotion. I'm sure Dimma will pull him into line.

year but we need players peaking in 3-7 years when Conca, Cotch and V are going full boar. Shaw can't help us when he is in his 30's like other youngsters.

Honestly Shaw is past his peak, he will not be better than what he has already been IMO, Quite confident of that
Still very important to have players at his stage for the next 3-4 years. I bet Heath Shaw plays his best footy next 2-3 seasons.

Still very important to have players at his stage for the next 3-4 years. I bet Heath Shaw plays his best footy next 2-3 seasons.
Always good to have a cool head and some experience in the team.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Id take that bet, I bet you he doesn't at the very best he will plateau. Lot of players best footy can be between 22-26 IMO

What do you mean important to have players at his stage in 3-4 years??

What stage is that??

Cant see how anyone reading Tiger71's piece above can claim it is an opinion only.

The first paragraph pretty much states it is a fact sheet.
He was clarifying what he has said prior...

I'm very very open to the idea of chapman coming in for a year or two.
Low cost,free to pick up,3x premiership player,magnificent skills,hard body,great example and leadership,hungry,low maintenance- no brainer.

I'm very very open to the idea of chapman coming in for a year or two.
Low cost,free to pick up,3x premiership player,magnificent skills,hard body,great example and leadership,hungry,low maintenance- no brainer.

don't mind chappy under those circumstances:thumbsu:

chappy could be good to grow high performance culture

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back