Dustin Martin Contract Thread [GWS Will Not Offer Dusty a Contract]

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fair enough guys, we'll see what happens. Dusty is clearly worth a very high draft pick or two, I just don't see why any club would give it when they could get in his ear and get him to leave for nothing. They could just say no to any trade offer Richmond proposes, put a price on his head and get him to walk.

From GWS' view, why would they give you a first round draft pick for something they could get for trading nothing by paying him more than Melbourne or Richmond offer? Madness.
not every one has the moral fiber of St.Kilda.

Starting to change my tune. Im now hoping he stays regardless and we (the club) just accept he is a unique case and work with him, even if it costs an extra $$$ for minding and personal development.
In the last two days the media clips accompanying his story show just what we will be giving up. He is just to good. If i knew how to tweet i would tell him this.

Finally. Some sense.

Starting to change my tune. Im now hoping he stays regardless and we (the club) just accept he is a unique case and work with him, even if it costs an extra $$$ for minding and personal development.
In the last two days the media clips accompanying his story show just what we will be giving up. He is just to good. If i knew how to tweet i would tell him this.

Do you think Carlton tried the same "he's unique we'll just need to work with him" with Fevola? Or do you reckon they just tolerated too much to a point where he was running wild and something had to give? BTW: I personally don't know the answer, my analogy really is making the point when someone is really that far from the required professionalism of being an AFL footballer, no amount of talent seems to be enough to compensate. All indications to me are Dusty is culture sapping. I think that needs to be carefully considered and if a good deal can be made, it should.

has anyone on here got actual information on where all of this is at? have we actually retracted the contract or is it a media beat up? what are the chances of him stayin in %?

has anyone on here got actual information on where all of this is at? have we actually retracted the contract or is it a media beat up? what are the chances of him stayin in %?

According to Tiger71 we've still got our original offer on the table until Friday by which time it will expire and we'll trade him. So if he hasn't agreed to terms by Friday then it's bye bye Dusty :(

Do you think Carlton tried the same "he's unique we'll just need to work with him" with Fevola? Or do you reckon they just tolerated too much to a point where he was running wild and something had to give? BTW: I personally don't know the answer, my analogy really is making the point when someone is really that far from the required professionalism of being an AFL footballer, no amount of talent seems to be enough to compensate. All indications to me are Dusty is culture sapping. I think that needs to be carefully considered and if a good deal can be made, it should.
Big difference with Fev. We have heaps of video footage to prove it. Dusties is all speculation (yes i do think he has issues) Dustie obviously has issues, whereas Fev was just a plain out and out knob on the booze.

No idea? in percentage..i would say probably 30
After a day of trying to calm down.. ive realised that my mood is still somehow on the side of wanting to keep him. Another year of us getting better may give him a kick up the backside not to flirt with our offers. (thats if he wakes up and realises what is actually going on and stays)
People need to realise that if theres an option of keeping him or getting rid of him after what happened yesterday..then obviously we need to WAKE UP! and try absolutely everything to keep one of our BEST players.
People on here are just trade hungry and like the fact of getting new players (draft picks, tyson, adams) but fact of the matter is - I would be disgusted if we traded Dusty who is a proven JET for a very high draft pick(2). I would be disgusted! Who says pick 2 will be any good? We already have a matured gun and I will feel extremely sick for him to leave especially after all we have done for him. I don't understand how he cant have that love for the tiger army that the rest of the team has! the boys need to get stuck into him. It's a chance he will NEVER get back! and we don't want to set back one of the greatest and most passionate football club in the league.

That's the feeling that hit me today too Baz. Started getting a little emotional about it all

What irks me most is how underrated he is by other supporters. There's a guy on the D&T board who said even if he didn't have off field issues he's only worth pick 5-8!! Couldn't believe it. North supporter of course :rolleyes:
Well that bloke obviously is either a troll or has shit for brains.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

All this "Dusty Watch" is seriously chewing up an unhealthy amount of my time and emotion. Anyone else? I'm thinking I may have my own issues to deal with.....

Good news is: God i love this club!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back