Dustin Martin Contract Thread [GWS Will Not Offer Dusty a Contract]

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
People have their heads in the sand if they don't think Richmonds offer is the type of invitation you hand to somebody when you half hope they turn up but will make the best if it if they do as nut refers to.
Richmond have been open to trading him for a while now and probably are very comfortable with how it sits.
If he stays hell stay on our terms but the offer is definitely one that says "we are happy for you to look around if you want more".
Great business from us yet again. I don't care what happens really.
If he stays hopefully we keep him on track. If he leaves ill happily take what we can get.

That's why I don't want him to sign now.... he would be staying for less money that "he" thinks he is worth... and for a simpleton that means he will be pissed off.

Isn't it strange that Dusty's contractual stalemate is plastered over every media outlet whereas Buddy's future at Hawthorn has not attracted as much media attention in recent weeks. This is an obvious sign of professional discretion between his manager & the club.
Hawthorns season is still alive. Simple as that

No it's not!!

AFL is more than just a game... 95,000 die hard supporters turned up to watch the team they love, the team the have supported all their life. People buy memberships, they pay gates each week, they but jumpers, t-shirts, hats..... People invest their hard earned dollars and have supported the club they love... This kid, does not value any of this... he has a career at Richmond and he should take a pay cut like all the rest have....

Anyone that puts themselves first, club second and supporters third, deserves every rude comment in the world. Because he is 22 FFS.... He is not 34 and ready to retire... he will be on $800k by the time he is 28yrs old.... what else does he want?

I'm not saying people people can't be angry at him but it is definitely WAY out of line. Calling him every name under the sun, death threats and homophobic crap is uncalled for.

All of this and for what? He could still be a Tiger next season!

Don't preach to me about what the AFL is and what people do for the love of the game. It still doesn't justify verbally attacking a kid on his personal social media accounts for something he is well within his rights to do.

If he goes, he goes. We'll be well compensated and our team is bigger than one player.

I can confirm that I have heard Martin is 99% going to Carlton. He's agreed to their deal in principle. Carlton will be looking to trade with Laidler or Hampson/Warnock and our first pick.

Also people ask yourselves why the Club chose to make a statement re: Martins contract when all along the club has continually said it will not make comments on player contracts???? can someone answer me this, I mean its not like its 2 days before the end on the trade week??? the season isn't even over?

Would we be talking about this if the club had of made that statement? IMO no...

I can confirm that I have heard Martin is 99% going to Carlton. He's agreed to their deal in principle. Carlton will be looking to trade with Laidler or Hampson/Warnock and our first pick.
Yer, dream on pal. Will cost you more than pick 13 and a nuff nuff player to get Martin. Try Pick 13 and Kruezer. Will be staying at Richmond anyway IMO

team-america-puke.gif

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Regardless if he stays or goes we have seen his true colours.

Good for you though for accepting it so well, lets just hope it doesn't cost us Conca also.

are we going to blame Martin if we lose Conca??? are we sure martin didn't drop biological weapons in Syria?

Please, everyone here needs to calm down. He has every right to have a look at other offers from different clubs, management wanted to play hardball and Richmond have called the bluff.

I don't understand the uproar, I completely understand the work that has been put into Martin and how gutted we would be if he was to leave the club but some of the comments that I continually have read have made me sick. So much so that I have created a new account after deleting a past account.

Let the man be, Friday seems to be D Day. Conca and Martin will most likely re sign and all this abuse will look childish and idiotic! It's the typical media we have nothing to talk about week and surprise surprise Richmond are in the spotlight, we as supporters should relish this situation being relevant even though we aren't in the 'final four'.

OKAY so trade week starts on 4th october and the free agency is 7th .. all this hsould be resolved by 11th october

the clock is ticking

Cant help but think Carlton will rear its butt ugly head here. Carr was on the Carlton Board . He tried to get Cloke to the Scum last year.

No wonder Richmond have (I heard) put in a complaint about Carr. That would be a serious breach of duty of Care if he encourages a player to go based solely on his choice of team to support.

:confused:

Lets just wait for Martin to make his mind up over the next month or so whilst WA sides woo this promising kid

yer and at the same time our club has been putting the feelers out for a Free agents ... chasing Taylor Adams .... but yep its Dustin Martins fault if we cant fit Conca on our list. Seriously get a grip.

interesting situation here.

only a month ago in the English Premier League (EPL) christian Benteke, a young (21) Belgium striker who is going to be a star, handed in his transfer request, quit the club, was excluded from all pre season training and practice matches.
about 12-14 days later, after every fan, media outlet ect was resigned to the fact he was leaving, he did a complete backflip and signed on with Villa on a 4 year contract.
Similar situation in that a very young player perhaps got ahead of himself, wanted more money, to play for a big club, realised his situation, how young he was and potential vs performance.
I will give Dusty 2 weeks to re commit to this club, people will get into his ear every day, aka Vlad today and try and influence his decision. I thing we all agree than Dusty is easily influenced and needs guidance, if he dosnt want to re commit to the club with 90% of people saying he should stay... well then he can go, hopefully we get a decent deal for him

No wonder Richmond have (I heard) put in a complaint about Carr. That would be a serious breach of duty of Care if he encourages a player to go based solely on his choice of team to support.

Somehow doubt he can influence a player moving clubs on that theory alone, I see Martin's old man as someone who is not 'easily influenced'. If he moves it'll be about money and money alone, Carlton offer him nothing that we can't, in fact they will be irrelevant starting next year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back