Dustin Martin Contract Thread [GWS Will Not Offer Dusty a Contract]

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I notice business has been outstanding for tigers posters missus' on this thread.
Lot of rooting.

My missus has been through the ups and downs I've experienced the last week, if Martin resigns?

May god have mercy on her soul (this is all meant in a good rooting way, just making sure Mods)

I think some of you guys are misreading this IMO.

Firstly, I think if Martin stays it increases our chance of getting Adams because we become a real threat short to mid term . Martin seriously boosts our firepower.

i think RFC suits Martin at least for the next few years our team and the big stage seriously provides the stage for him to boost his earning capacity into the future via on field support enabling him to explode in the next few years which some of us are expecting.

TBH, If I was RFC I would up it to 600K and go from there. Why?, horses for courses, there are never absolutes in anything , everything is relative , the free will of the market is supreme, it is best for Martins welfare probably as well. You cannot let Martin go lightly.

As I said before RFC seriously could only entertain letting Martin go if we got Boyd and Adams(or an equivalent eg. pick 10 or player) in return. Martin is worth that much to our aspirations. BTW if pies are offering 400K to Adams , Martin is worth 600K end of story relatively.

A lot of this is arguing the point of the worth of players including Martin. I say sign him up unless GWS throw a impressive trade deal for us Judd style because Martin is worth that much to the clubs future despite what some may think!
Would send a terrible message to the players now, I'd give him 3 years at 1.6mil.

Would send a terrible message to the players now, I'd give him 3 years at 1.6mil.

Not really because each players value is different.

What message are you worrying about??

I do not think Martin at 600K is not too unreasonable. It just represents Martins exceptional ability. Most of the other players do not possess that exceptional ability to perform at serious superstar levels,

Eg. Conca, and Ellis will never have the potential Martin has, so it is irrelevant, they hopefully will become great players but I can't see them potentially doing what Martin could do!

I think the 3 year deal is smarter because it provides more control and potential value for RFC. I would say to Martin we are still open to a trade into the future to the likes of gWS if it suits RFC/Martin and GWS. A 3 year deal would make more sense.

I think Carr is being a dick carrying on about 600K as an absolute as well. It all depends on the full package

I do not think Martin at 600K is not too unreasonable. It just represents Martins exceptional ability. Most of the other players do not possess that exceptional ability to perform at serious superstar levels,

Eg. Conca, and Ellis will never have the potential Martin has, so it is irrelevant, they hopefully will become great players but I can't see them potentially doing what Martin could do!
Sorry mate but that is crap 600k is way over for some with no accolades as of yet, maybe in 2 years not to mention the off feild dramas, there is a limit.

that makes absolutely no sense

Okay if we have Martin it increases the chance of RFC winning a premiership and our ability to attract players unless we get fair compensation from GWS

Adams looks at us versus Pies, no Martin, hmm Pies?? 6 of one , half a dozen of other, I will pick Pies. On the other hand, RFC has Martin, hmm, RFC going places, Pies treading water with possible slippage, I will pick Tigerland

Okay if we have Martin it increases the chance of RFC winning a premiership and our ability to attract players unless we get fair compensation from GWS

Adams looks at us versus Pies, no Martin, hmm Pies?? 6 of one , half a dozen of other, I will pick Pies. On the other hand, RFC has Martin, hmm, RFC going places, Pies treading water with possible slippage, I will pick Tigerland

Well lets just thank the lord your not Adams :p

For me I would give Martin what we offered 500k a year for the next 3 years so 1.5m ONLY if he sacks his manager.

I wouldn't direct Martin to get rid of him, but I would be suggestive he really needs to push the apparent dependent sucker aside!! Martin I think is not looking great following him around I must say but it highlights Martin needs a little strong good guidance to support him:thumbsu:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That is just a bizarre way of thinking, though I've come to expect that of you Mr Magic Mushrooms

For me I would give Martin what we offered 500k a year for the next 3 years so 1.5m ONLY if he sacks his manager.

Why on earth would we want him to sack his manager? We had a deal on the table. We pulled it. He then signs for less than we offered. Wish all managers were this good to RFC! Hallelujah Ralph Carr! Look forward to a reduced contract again in 2/3 years. :D

I think the 3 year deal is smarter because it provides more control and potential value for RFC. I would say to Martin we are still open to a trade into the future to the likes of gWS if it suits RFC/Martin and GWS. A 3 year deal would make more sense.

I think Carr is being a dick carrying on about 600K as an absolute as well. It all depends on the full package

The message I'd be concerned about is, the "the squeeky wheel gets the grease" scenario. If you push us we'll fold, I don't like it.

Confirms what I have heard!

With that link ill share what I have PM'd a few. I can confirm Carr has contacted the club re Dusty contract. My source was convinced Carr did not state that he wanted to talk about how to release Dusty. He was specific in wanting to talk about the contract. A lot can change but make of it what you will

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back