Autopsy Eagles 92 defeat Dogs 85

Remove this Banner Ad

First thing is to stabilise the soft defence and go from there.

Get Naughton back there and ask Lobb to earn his $$.

Take time to transition Croft and Darcy, Buku an option while we wait.

Find a decent lockdown small defender.I’d even go to the trade table.

Naughton back would destroy our run and carry from back half. Our fan base wouldn’t get a wink of sleep with him kicking out from defensive 50.

It’s been a problem all year. Keath, Gardiner, VDM. You can’t carry bad ball users from defensive 50.

The was the biggest load of drivel i’ve heard in a press conference. Things he let slip
Says the team didn’t have the energy or enthusiasm. Thinks the list is no good. Would never bag his players but said they all lost their positions. Somehow managed to throw in a 3 minute piece on what a job he’s done with O’Donnell which has nothing to do with the question. Is fully saitisfied with the leadership and coaching at the club.

Dear lord.

That is your perspective mate I did not get those points out of it.

It makes my blood boil that Cleary has had just 1 game this year, he has shown more than enough in the VFL and was actually pretty good in the loss to the Giants. How Duryea is getting games ahead of him is just insane to me.

Could've debuted Clarke as well, at least he actually hunts the ball.

Jamie Cripps is the latest corpse to kick a bag on Duryea, it’s staggering

Long time lurker, first time poster - was up close level 1 for the game. Can't help but feel the team tanked that to send a message - all body language showed they weren't actually there to win. At half time siren quite a few of the boys simultaneously dropped hands to their knees as if exhausted then looked up at each other almost smiling. Who knows, I may have imagined it, but it all felt off and I can only hope the message was received by those that can act on it.

There were certainly some plays that made me think that they are either completely inept, or intentionally throwing the game.I won’t name players.Surely it’s not the latter.

Sent from my iPad using BigFooty.com

The was the biggest load of drivel i’ve heard in a press conference. Things he let slip
Says the team didn’t have the energy or enthusiasm. Thinks the list is no good. Would never bag his players but said they all lost their positions. Somehow managed to throw in a 3 minute piece on what a job he’s done with O’Donnell which has nothing to do with the question. Is fully saitisfied with the leadership and coaching at the club.

Dear lord.
On the JOD piece, I don’t remember too many being critical of him getting games earlier in the year like Bevo alluded to. The issue we all had on here was playing him as a 4th tall forward or on the wing when his exposed form worthy of selection was as an intercept defender.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How the **** did we not fix this up after last week...

Broken Tackles
WB: 4
WC: 11

Missed Tackles
2 - Dale, Treloar, B. Smith
1 - Daniel, English, O'Donnell, Ugle-Hagen, Williams

We've now missed 31 tackles to 8 over the last 2 weeks, absolutely pathetic.

The four broken tackles we managed this week were Bont with 2 and 1 each to Macrae and B. Smith.

How the **** did we not fix this up after last week...

Broken Tackles
WB: 4
WC: 11

Missed Tackles
2 - Dale, Treloar, B. Smith
1 - Daniel, English, O'Donnell, Ugle-Hagen, Williams

The four broken tackles we managed were Bont with 2 and 1 each to Macrae and B. Smith.
Thought Weightman would be on the list although I guess whatever he attempts isn’t even a tackle

Last edited:
I just got home. Today was the most exhausting day I've had since my hospital stay two years ago. That might have been my last game.

What an insipid performance. They ought to be ashamed for what they dished up. My friend who accompanied me had not been to a footy game in over sixty years. She asked all kinds of questions which I just couldn't answer.

I got through the late70s/early 80s but never felt like this. Time for a big change. Bevo, you have lost me. Some players need a rocket up their backsides. I could probably hold a tackle better in my walker than what the players did today. My friend kept asking why we seemed to kick to West Coast so often.

I am so disheartened after seeing that. My chips were nice, though.

On SM-A135F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Today’s debacle better have been the final straw for things to change around the club.

Everything in the football department must be forensically reviewed.

Get independent people to review everything - coaches, players, fitness, physio, the whole lot.

Hopefully the media absolutely torches us too (David King, you were great last week - bring on some more this week please)

Absolutely had a gutful of this club continually getting away with poor performances.

North board is sickeningly happy about this result. I'm furious. Sick to death of ******* spoons. Might I invite your players to join ours in the off-season naughty corner?
I presume that they are equally happy with finishing last and our inept display.

Its a win win for you guys.

Just listened to the press conference. I can sum it up like this; first half, gobbledygook, second half, arrogance.
Why would you or anybody do that to yourself?

Its not like he was going to upend the table and resign then and there.

First thing is to stabilise the soft defence and go from there.

Get Naughton back there and ask Lobb to earn his $$.

Take time to transition Croft and Darcy, Buku an option while we wait.

Find a decent lockdown small defender.I’d even go to the trade table.

Sorry but I find it laughable that ppl continue to think that Buku is a key position player. He's 189cm athletic medium-sized player.

I presume that they are equally happy with finishing last and our inept display.

Its a win win for you guys.

Why would you or anybody do that to yourself?

Its not like he was going to upend the table and resign then and there.
I was driving home on my own after hopping off train.

I just got home. Today was the most exhausting day I've had since my hospital stay two years ago. That might have been my last game.

What an insipid performance. They ought to be ashamed for what they dished up. My friend who accompanied me had not been to a footy game in over sixty years. She asked all kinds of questions which I just couldn't answer.

I got through the late70s/early 80s but never felt like this. Time for a big change. Bevo, you have lost me. Some players need a rocket up their backsides. I could probably hold a tackle better in my walker than what the players did today. My friend kept asking why we seemed to kick to West Coast so often.

I am so disheartened after seeing that. My chips were nice, though.

On SM-A135F using BigFooty.com mobile app

I am genuinely sorry you had to sit through that given the effort it would have taken to get there.

It’s beyond embarrassing that this is what the club is dishing up to supporters like yourself.

The club is rotten at the moment. There needs to be a complete clear out.

The chips are nice though. My son said today’s were the nicest he’s had, plus he got a Fanta and an ice cream. At least someone had a good day of sorts.

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Eagles 92 defeat Dogs 85

Remove this Banner Ad

Back