Early Fevola trade analysis

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think you need to try again. Read his post again.
I did- Fev was a duel Coleman medalist and I don't think then or now there is a better traditional power forward. Of course the game has evolved so kick it to your key power forward is no longer all that successful compared to a multi dimensional attack.

I did- Fev was a duel Coleman medalist and I don't think then or now there is a better traditional power forward. Of course the game has evolved so kick it to your key power forward is no longer all that successful compared to a multi dimensional attack.

Which implies a power forward can't fit in to a multiple dimensional forward line. Wrong.

It looks like it comes down to a pretty simple equation for CFC. Is there another player out there who can offer what Fev offers? If the answer is no, then he must come into consideration.

To do anything else would be a dereliction of duty on the part of those who are charged with making these decisions for the good of the football club.
Ratten has already ruled it out.

Yet that's a great philosophy on building a winning and team culture where you need everyone to work together for success. Fevola has never done this. We might as well employ Hannibal Lecter because we need a psychiatrist and chef to cater for the needs of our players. At least he's great at what he does.

Stop arguing for the sake of it.

It's just an endless loop of rants.

Ratten would know more about Fevola than the supporters who are living in the past and think a recidivist should be given another chance at Carlton.

Won't be back.

Move on.

I think you need to try again. Read his post again.

Don't make the mistake of thinking that guns is here for a discussion or debate windows, you'll save yourself a lot of effort and typing.

Agree. Pause. Have a look. Have a really close look. Make sure you know how he is going. Even en if all seems clear make sure you put in place appropriate safety precautions.

Then and only then proceed.
we can go on all day
2 sides
those who want the Fevola player
those that do not want Fevola the person
People will pick their side and not be talked over the fence
I guess we will leave it to the powers that control these things
One thing is for sure we all want Fev to get back on the path and sort out his life on and off the footy field. Nobody would not want Fev to be back playing great footy and taking care of his family.
Whether he deserves a chance to do that at Carlton with all the media circus it would come with is the debate. The club is bigger than the man

Yet that's a great philosophy on building a winning and team culture where you need everyone to work together for success. Fevola has never done this. We might as well employ Hannibal Lecter because we need a psychiatrist and chef to cater for the needs of our players. At least he's great at what he does.

Ratten would know more about Fevola than the supporters who are living in the past and think a recidivist should be given another chance at Carlton.

Move on.

Has ratten signed a contract extension? If we lose our third elimination final in a row are you sure he will stay? I wouldn't assume he will be making the decision if I were you.

I am not living in the past. I am living in the future. I want a premiership. Next year. I am sick of middle of the road crap. Slight inching improvements. Our window is now. We so desperately Ned a key forward it is frightening.

You don't know Fevola from a bar of soap. And ratten has proven NOTHING to me. Why is he suddenly the font of all knowledge?

People change. I hope Fev has changed. If he has, I would love to see him back.

windows;22054559 You don't know Fevola from a bar of soap. And ratten has proven NOTHING to me. Why is he suddenly the font of all knowledge? People change. I hope Fev has changed. If he has said:
You accuse others of not "knowing" and then bring out the I hope clause.
Do you see the irony in attacking others

Don't make the mistake of thinking that guns is here for a discussion or debate windows, you'll save yourself a lot of effort and typing.

I don't care mate. Happy to respond to any post. If someone argued " go sign Fev now" I'd argue against it. A lot would have to happen to facilitate it.

But he will play afl next year. And he is a good chance to kick 60 goAls.

At least look at it FFs

Would that be the same Ratten who provides us with such accurate reports about players coming back from injury?
More emotive drivel ... try discussing the issue without the hyperbole, you might get better responses.
It's just an endless loop of rants.
The only one arguing and ranting here is you TG, I was merely making what I think is a valid point and in other threads where the topic has come up, some valid observations.
Ratten would know more about Fevola than the supporters who are living in the past and think a recidivist should be given another chance at Carlton. .
This would be the Ratten who hasn't spoken to Fev since he was dismissed from the club? Has he added clairvoyancy to his repertoire?
Won't be back.
Move on.
Please point out a post where I've said he would, or even should, be back. Your desire to lock down any discussion of this topic is starting to smack of desperation.

Last time I checked, this is a Carlton fan forum. If Carlton fans want to offer their opinions on the validity or wisdom of re-recruiting Fev, who are you to decide that they shouldn't?

we can go on all day
2 sides
those who want the Fevola player
those that do not want Fevola the person
People will pick their side and not be talked over the fence
I guess we will leave it to the powers that control these things
One thing is for sure we all want Fev to get back on the path and sort out his life on and off the footy field. Nobody would not want Fev to be back playing great footy and taking care of his family.
Whether he deserves a chance to do that at Carlton with all the media circus it would come with is the debate. The club is bigger than the man

Oh guns. Has footy become so clinical for you? Have you lost all sense of the romantic? Are you not able to visualize standing and cheering as he puts one through post high against the pies and makes you stand and cheer?
Tell the media to go **** themselves. This guy is truly the prodigal son. If he comes back with his head down, begging forgiveness, expecting nothing, asking for nothing, but assures to give his all, wouldn't You give him a chance?

I don't just want Fev the player. I want the laugh about larrikin who brings spirit and belief to the place. If he can drop the other stuff he would be fantastic for us.

You accuse others of not "knowing" and then bring out the I hope clause.
Do you see the irony in attacking others

Guns let me expand. What I mean is none of us, rats included knows what is going on in fevolas world these days. I hope he has cleaned up his act. If he hasn't, then I feel sorry for him but I wouldn't want him back. If he has, AND a whole bunch of things were put in place, then I'd like him back.

Guns let me expand. What I mean is none of us, rats included knows what is going on in fevolas world these days. I hope he has cleaned up his act. If he hasn't, then I feel sorry for him but I wouldn't want him back. If he has, AND a whole bunch of things were put in place, then I'd like him back.

Fev has more problems. Do not need at our club anymore.

Henderson and Mitchell are the future.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Many people - including the Bulldogs president - made the mistake of thinking Barry Hall would be the difference between finals and Grand Final / Premiership.

He was not.

Don't be fooled. Carlton winning a Grand Final is about continuing to make the progress we have made over the last 3-4 years (which, coincidentally is under Brett Ratten).

Interesting how the Ratten haters come out of the closet on this issue in particular.

Many people - including the Bulldogs president - made the mistake of thinking Barry Hall would be the difference between finals and Grand Final / Premiership.

He was not.

Don't be fooled. Carlton winning a Grand Final is about continuing to make the progress we have made over the last 3-4 years (which, coincidentally is under Brett Ratten).

Interesting how the Ratten haters come out of the closet on this issue in particular.

Quick fixes work okay ask jolly, ball and the pies.

He was not.

Somewhat a generalisation KH9.

We seem not to be able to break the barrier of self want to the greater need.
This may have nothing to do with the name of Fev, but the biases seeming to be shining through.

Questions still need to be answered but no one yet seems to ba capable of doing so.
The cupie doll is still on call.

I suddenly had an image of Voss and co. having a similar discussion 24 months ago.....went well

You know Splendini, outside of ODN you are the clearly the most pragmatic individual of the clan we have here on this board.
I really value your opinion and ask you to consider the Fev matter as a whole.
Factoring in all the possibilities and then countering the fact that we could not attain him regardless, why should we not go for him?

This has nothing to do with the chance of the attainment as opposed for the reasoning of want.

The answer is: ....................................................................................

I will admit to wrestling with the idea over the past few weeks. I think we have to look at our injuries and accept that we have been unlucky in having Setanta, Waite, White and Hampson all injured for long periods, and Kreuzer still finding his way up forward.

Why would we willingly go from a forward line that is unpredictable with multiple playes kicking 40 plus goals, to a forward line that has one player as its focus again?

Fev does not know how to share a forward line. This is why Bailey was so pissed he was taken by Casey. Ask Fisher, Waite and Setanta how well Fev shares. They have the scars to prove it. How would we feel if he puts Kreuzer out for a month with broken ribs?

On field - NO.
Off field - double NO.

Saints should, but won't take him.

Krakouer is an inferior footballer and has a worse record off the field. Fevola not playing in the AFL in 2012 would be farcical.

In addition to Krakouer you also have blokes like Ben Cousins and Michael Gardiner who had far worse 'issues' but turned them around and made an impact for thier clubs later in life.

He's chasing, tackling, and today destroyed Jamison, Bower and Watson.

He's done everything right this year, kept his nose clean, and gotten back into shape, with no guarantees of playing again (far from it in fact).

He knows its his last chance, and he would agree to special conditions in any playing contract to play again.

He's the best marking KPF in the lower leauges, and is a perfect stop gap for 2-3 years while Mitchell and co develop.

And you know he wants to come back and play for us.

Get Fev.

Somewhat a generalisation KH9.

We seem not to be able to break the barrier of self want to the greater need.
This may have nothing to do with the name of Fev, but the biases seeming to be shining through.

Questions still need to be answered but no one yet seems to ba capable of doing so.
The cupie doll is still on call.
Can you stop talking shit for one minute?

You only want to keep this pointless discussion going.

You sound like a politician who changes the topic to answer every question bar the one that was directed to him or her.

It's been answered.

No.

I will admit to wrestling with the idea over the past few weeks. I think we have to look at our injuries and accept that we have been unlucky in having Setanta, Waite, White and Hampson all injured for long periods, and Kreuzer still finding his way up forward.

Why would we willingly go from a forward line that is unpredictable with multiple playes kicking 40 plus goals, to a forward line that has one player as its focus again?

Fev does not know how to share a forward line. This is why Bailey was so pissed he was taken by Casey. Ask Fisher, Waite and Setanta how well Fev shares. They have the scars to prove it. How would we feel if he puts Kreuzer out for a month with broken ribs?

On field - NO.

Off field - double NO.

Saints should, but won't take him.

Whilst our attack has performed okay and has had some players Walker/Gartlett
and Betts providing a good spread of goalscoring, has it been effective against decent opposition and secondly will that structure take us to a premiership, personally l don't believe so.

We have resorted to Jamison/Thornton and even Bower in the last six weeks to give us something up forward, we are certainly desperate to be resorting to these players up forward.

Whilst Fevola is unlikely to return to Carlton, alot may depend on if there are any other viable options out there, as if there is not who knows it may come under some consideration.

Some of players you mentioned, Hampson is no forward, O'Alphin has the odd decent game per year and Waite is nearing 30, do not see any of these 3 providing a solution.
Probably not the appropriate time right now for this discussion, but we should be better placed in a few weeks time to ascertain were this team is really at and what improvements need to be made.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back