Early Fevola trade analysis

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Never said he'd be coming back to Carlton, but for the fact that we just can't ignore talking about him irrespective of what censorship may be imposed.
For those not sure about that, go for breakfast down Lygon st. way tomorrow morning.
I may have my own way of looking at things and they were outlined months ago and to date Fev has knocked down many walls.
I just don't know how many more are needed for him to get to resurrecting his AFL career.

Whichever way I'll say this; It won't be a good look for him to take our backmen apart at AFL level.
Yes, he spent a year at Brisbane, but the football world will always remember him as a Blue, whether we like it or not.

The guy brought more joy to me than any other single player ever has. Including Judd. The group think that has led to " never forgive the guy" is astonishing. He has done his time. Paid his price. If he shows the appropriate level of remorse. Shows he is putting in place e right processes, then we should let him back. I'd bet he would want to play for no one but us.

Won't happen unless the fans and players want him though. And in is politically correct pathetic world it won't happen.

Yet Alan didak is a premiership player after.....well you work it out. It is a joke.

............ and possibly Tarrant and Krakouer.

Krakoeur is a great example. Went to jail didn't he? Did Fevola get any criminal convictions? Go to jail? You'd think the guy was a murderer the way he is talked about. It's a disgrace.

The guy brought more joy to me than any other single player ever has. Including Judd. The group think that has led to " never forgive the guy" is astonishing. He has done his time. Paid his price. If he shows the appropriate level of remorse. Shows he is putting in place e right processes, then we should let him back. I'd bet he would want to play for no one but us.

Won't happen unless the fans and players want him though. And in is politically correct pathetic world it won't happen.

Yet Alan didak is a premiership player after.....well you work it out. It is a joke.

Here here!!

Bring back Fev!!!!

Very happy that he played well today and kicked a bag, even if it was at the Bullants expense.

However do not want him back, that chapter is well and truely closed and we have all moved on (well most of us anyway)

Krakoeur is a great example. Went to jail didn't he? Did Fevola get any criminal convictions? Go to jail? You'd think the guy was a murderer the way he is talked about. It's a disgrace.

No, it's not a disgrace for the fact that the CFC don't want Fev back as there are very good reasons for not to, but to put a blanket cover on not wanting a player that may have something to add to our mix, is.
The trick is to take the name out of the equation.

If, if the player that kicked 10 goals today was good enough to be considered worth going for, I'd like to think my club isn't pig-headed enough to not consider the situation on face value, but rather than to introduce any prejudices into the equation.

That's all.

Very happy that he played well today and kicked a bag, even if it was at the Bullants expense.

However do not want him back, that chapter is well and truely closed and we have are moved on (well most of us anyway)

Yeah. Ut why don't you want him back? It isn't logical. It is only emotional. Logic says work out a way to bring him back. Logic says pay him stuff all and don't use a hi draft pick. Logic says work out a way of monitoring alcohol. Logic says if he drinks even one light beer delist him.

Logic says consider it. Don't rule it out.

No, it's not a disgrace for the fact that the CFC don't want Fev back as there are very good reasons for not to, but to put a blanket cover on not wanting a player that may have something to add to our mix, is.
The trick is to take the name out of the equation.

If, if the player that kicked 10 goals today was good enough to be considered worth going for, I'd like to think my club isn't pig-headed enough to not consider the situation on face value, but rather than to introduce any prejudices into the equation.

That's all.

No I said they way he is talked about is a disgrace.

Yeah. Ut why don't you want him back? It isn't logical. It is only emotional. Logic says work out a way to bring him back. Logic says pay him stuff all and don't use a hi draft pick. Logic says work out a way of monitoring alcohol. Logic says if he drinks even one light beer delist him.

Logic says we actually kick more goals as a team without him in the side and have more goal kickers. So we actually play better as a team without him

Logic says we actually kick more goals as a team without him in the side and have more goal kickers. So we actually play better as a team without him

No that's just poor analysis. Logic says other players improved (not because he left, but because they matured) and because of that we are kicking a bigger score. Walker finally injury free, garlett in his third year. Murphy better. Judd fully fit. Hardly any midfield injuries. Robbo better. Yarran better. Hardly anyone worse. Yet still no top 4 spot. No top 4 wins.

Put Fev in e side now and we would win more games and kick more goals. No doubt about it.

Let's put it this way:

We're at a board meeting at the CFC.
The name ...... gets raised as a topic and facts are outlined as to this individuals performances in recent times.
We're asked to investigate his recent off-field attributes and they all come up clean.
We all know that we have a problem with a lead up target at full forward (call him a monster if you wish) and the situation needs address.
We are then asked as to why we don't want this individual back at our club and have to provide an absolute answer, or at least what we are going to do about it in the short term.
We know that our job hangs on the line.

What do we say?

(For those that think that boards don't get involved into footballing matters, think again.)

Best answer wins a cupie doll. :)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think we won the trade.

End thread.

We killed the trade, no doubt.
The only thing that gets to me here is that other than to be called a moron for being able to think and reason, no one has put up an absolute argument against Fev.

When I say absolute, I mean very well considered and absolute where:

1. Age doesn't come to question. Barry Hall is still killing them at 35
2. Previous indiscretions are considered yet the CFC are strong enough to manage them, because we're a tough and organised club.
3. We know we haven't got a "gorilla" yet we know we very much need one.
4. If this individual became good enough to be considered by other clubs, why would we remove ourselves out of the equation?
What have we that is so good that will cover our short term deficiencies?

1000+ posts on this man and I'm still looking for a reasonable response.

(This is in no way a conveyance of the thoughts of the writer. :))

Let's put it this way:

We're at a board meeting at the CFC.
The name ...... gets raised as a topic and facts are outlined as to this individuals performances in recent times.
We're asked to investigate his recent off-field attributes and they all come up clean.
We all know that we have a problem with a lead up target at full forward (call him a monster if you wish) and the situation needs address.
We are then asked as to why we don't want this individual back at our club and have to provide an absolute answer, or at least what we are going to do about it in the short term.
We know that our job hangs on the line.

What do we say?

(For those that think that boards don't get involved into footballing matters, think again.)

Best answer wins a cupie doll. :)

I'd say, to paraphrase. .. He had 99 chances and the clubs culture has come on leaps and bounds since he left. .. We're entering a good period for the club and character is an important aspect of today's football. .. Some other club can give him the next chance, so he can reach his 'chances' milestone. .. good luck to him. ..

it is not about emotion it is more about respect
my work place or any other, you crap where you sleep after being given plenty of chances you burn your bridges and the story is over.
It is not emotion. The club did not cause this they dealt with it.

I'd say, to paraphrase. .. He had 99 chances and the clubs culture has come on leaps and bounds since he left. .. We're entering a good period for the club and character is an important aspect of today's football. .. Some other club can give him the next chance, so he can reach his 'chances' milestone. .. good luck to him. ..

No cupie doll. :)

It looks like it comes down to a pretty simple equation for CFC. Is there another player out there who can offer what Fev offers? If the answer is no, then he must come into consideration.

To do anything else would be a dereliction of duty on the part of those who are charged with making these decisions for the good of the football club.

it is not about emotion it is more about respect
my work place or any other, you crap where you sleep after being given plenty of chances you burn your bridges and the story is over.
It is not emotion. The club did not cause this they dealt with it.

Thats emotional. They dealt with it as they deemed fit at the time. It has been two years. They should reconsider. Seems to me many of the people from the crapped on workplace still stay in touch with the guy.

I think he lost the plot and got dumped. I think that broke his heart and he went to Brisbane in a terrible state of mind. I'd be interested to see how he is going now he is back in melbourne with his family.

I'd love to see him come out and apologize for the hurt he caused. Reconcile with those he needs to. Stay off the grog and offer testing to endorse.

And then come back. Redemption for all. No anger. No hating.

Life is too short to carry this level of bitterness. Respect can be earnt back. I have seen it at my workplace many times. I have seen it in society many times.

It is not black and white. There are shades of gray.

It looks like it comes down to a pretty simple equation for CFC. Is there another player out there who can offer what Fev offers? If the answer is no, then he must come into consideration.

To do anything else would be a dereliction of duty on the part of those who are charged with making these decisions for the good of the football club.
If that was the criteria we would never have got rid of him
Try again

They should at least ask his current footy club what he has been like.

Thats emotional. They dealt with it as they deemed fit at the time. It has been two years. They should reconsider. Seems to me many of the people from the crapped on workplace still stay in touch with the guy.

I think he lost the plot and got dumped. I think that broke his heart and he went to Brisbane in a terrible state of mind. I'd be interested to see how he is going now he is back in melbourne with his family.

I'd love to see him come out and apologize for the hurt he caused. Reconcile with those he needs to. Stay off the grog and offer testing to endorse.

And then come back. Redemption for all. No anger. No hating.

Life is too short to carry this level of bitterness. Respect can be earnt back. I have seen it at my workplace many times. I have seen it in society many times.

It is not black and white. There are shades of gray.
shades of amber

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back