Early Fevola trade analysis

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I said the same thing elsewhere, imagine how much faster Hendo can develop into the role when Jammo is beside him

Yeah, he has had some baptimism of fire while he's minding the fort for Jamo so far hasn't he?

Jumping Jack, Big Bad Bazza, Cloke and now Hurley...

Held his own for the most part too. Well done son.

Not so early trade analysis says we would have won the Fev trade if we'd delisted him and got nothing in return.

Further analysis shows we're into serious bonus territory:
- Three forwards in the top 10 AFL goal kickers at this stage of the year
- a young developing KPP in Hendo
- a promising young midfielder with plenty ahead of him
- no you-know-who related distractions, dramas, court cases

When Jamo comes back, Hendo will be able to take the oppositions second best forward. He has battled well on some of the games premium forwards, but he'll really start to shine when he is given some easier assignments.

It was always a tough ask to get him to play on players like Hall and Cloke, having said that he has done a good job considering his lack of experience in the position

why all of a sudden is everyone touting him as a KPP defender? the team would benefit much more if he were to be groomed into a successful KPP forward.

sure the team needs a defender now, but going forward does it not seem like there are more KPP defenders for the future than forwards?

ie picking up watson and mccarthy vs mitchell (with dodgy shoulders)

why all of a sudden is everyone touting him as a KPP defender? the team would benefit much more if he were to be groomed into a successful KPP forward.

sure the team needs a defender now, but going forward does it not seem like there are more KPP defenders for the future than forwards?

I think most are wanting him to eventually go forward and shine but for the moment (2011) it is good to see him doing well in the back half. .. With his limited pre-season and late start to the yea, just to have him contributing on the park is great. ..

Will be expecially good if he can swing forward and contribute too taking some of his confidence with him. .. but I for one wont be unhappy to see him playing along side Jammo in a few weeks. ..

Fevola should be back at Carlton, we would have won the flag this year even with Ratten as coach. The top 4 would have been certain, but most likely get 5th and play a in form St Kilda then travel to Subiaco if we win it. I reckon that a bit of a failure if we got beaten by West Coast.

I think that Hendo's skill set is far more suited to a KPD at this stage...he looked like a young Bock at times with some of his attacking run on Saturday.

If we have trouble fitting a deserving Watson or McCarthy into the team because Hendo is looking like a quality CHB it won't be the worst problem in the world.

Is getting better by the week.

His rebounding game highlighted his growing confidence.
Agree.

Lloyd had the nerve to say that Hurley made Henderson look out of his depth. :eek:

Henderson's pace is a noticeable asset at CHB, and if he maintains this rate of progress, we'll have more of our KPDs finding the need to reinvent themselves as makeshift forwards.

Agree.

Lloyd had the nerve to say that Hurley made Henderson look out of his depth. :eek:

Henderson's pace is a noticeable asset at CHB, and if he maintains this rate of progress, we'll have more of our KPDs finding the need to reinvent themselves as makeshift forwards.

There was a lot of shuffling down back and much of Hurleys good work wasn't necessarily on Henderson. Add to that two of his goals were from deep in the pocket, could have gone either way. Add to that the fact that Lloyd is a talking ****.

There was a lot of shuffling down back and much of Hurleys good work wasn't necessarily on Henderson. Add to that two of his goals were from deep in the pocket, could have gone either way. Add to that the fact that Lloyd is a talking ****.

One of the things we're doing well this year. .. At one point I commented that Thornton had the last three goals kicked on him (two to Hurley and Paddy the other from memory) and none of the guys was his man (he was on Crameri at the time). ..

Our defence, while under manned, works for each other. ..

Not so early trade analysis says we would have won the Fev trade if we'd delisted him and got nothing in return.
Since Fevola's contract was going to be shredded if we didn't find a suitor, then I guess you could think of the 2009 draft this way...

Pick 11: Brock Mclean
Pick 12: Kane Lucas
Pick 27: Lachlan Henderson
Pick 43: Marcus Davies
Pick 59: Rohan Kerr

Rookie draft:

Simon White
Zac Tuohy

Great strategy to pick the best available player and not go tall with pick 12, only to end up drafting a versatile CHB/CHF with pick 27.

Lucas and Henderson should make the 2009 draft a win for Carlton.
I think that Hendo's skill set is far more suited to a KPD at this stage...he looked like a young Bock at times with some of his attacking run on Saturday.

If we have trouble fitting a deserving Watson or McCarthy into the team because Hendo is looking like a quality CHB it won't be the worst problem in the world.
If Watson can't get a game next year due to Hendo playing CHB, then I'm looking forward to the NQR's ranting about passing on Darling. Or claiming that he isn't getting a game because he's moving to the Giants as an uncontracted player. #KaneLucas

All these wins and with a reformed and rejuvenated Fev back at FF, we'd be a powerhouse. :thumbsu: :D

And before anyone says, "Oh, not this crap again" I think it's fairly obvious this thread was dredged up to counter mine about bringing him back. :rolleyes:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Gee great to see him doing well today, shame the sensors won't allow a new thread to discuss his current form, feels like the labour party around here sometimes.

Anyway great work fev love seeing ex Carlton players do well, has the hallmarks of a fairytale.

Well done.

Gee great to see him doing well today, shame the sensors won't allow a new thread to discuss his current form, feels like the labour party around here sometimes.

Anyway great work fev love seeing ex Carlton players do well, has the hallmarks of a fairytale.

Well done.
What type of sensors were they?

Movement or infra red?

Start a thread on the Brisbane board if you want to discuss Fevola.

They were the last club that he played with.

Fevola won't play for Carlton again.

Well done.
why not discuss current Blues and Ants players Big Red. Surely you are more concerned about their form than an ex-player that will only ever play against us in future

In case the chance was not already zero. .. You do realise that anyone who wants Fev would have to trade with GWS for him as a past draftee. ..

Never said he'd be coming back to Carlton, but for the fact that we just can't ignore talking about him irrespective of what censorship may be imposed.
For those not sure about that, go for breakfast down Lygon st. way tomorrow morning.

I may have my own way of looking at things and they were outlined months ago and to date Fev has knocked down many walls.
I just don't know how many more are needed for him to get to resurrecting his AFL career.

Whichever way I'll say this; It won't be a good look for him to take our backmen apart at AFL level.
Yes, he spent a year at Brisbane, but the football world will always remember him as a Blue, whether we like it or not.

Never said he'd be coming back to Carlton, but for the fact that we just can't ignore talking about him irrespective of what censorship may be imposed.
For those not sure about that, go for breakfast down Lygon st. way tomorrow morning.

I may have my own way of looking at things and they were outlined months ago and to date Fev has knocked down many walls.
I just don't know how many more are needed for him to get to resurrecting his AFL career.

Whichever way I'll say this; It won't be a good look for him to take our backmen apart at AFL level.
Yes, he spent a year at Brisbane, but the football world will always remember him as a Blue, whether we like it or not.
there is your answer

Would love to see the big fella back. Sort it out. Judd, Murphy, Gibbs get over it. Find a way. Get him back. Would be a great story for him to come back, stay off the grog, make peace with players and fans alike.

And help us win a flag. " nah we don't need him". Yeah yeah. The short people will win us a flag. Third elimination final in a row. Didn't beat a top 4side this year. Nah we don't need Fev.

Base pay. Low pick or whatever. No grog or delisted. Even once.

Sort it out.

Look, for me there's still a story in Fev.
I've been party to wanting him ousted and have his head kicked in for what he did to us. I haven't forgotten yet I'm also not the type to cut my nose to spite my face.

The first term I brought up some months back was for any return of Fev to Carlton was truly a very romantic notion and it still is, but stranger things have happened.
To understand business the way I do, I just can't completely dismiss the possibility of an edict coming forth, for us to have another look at Fev.

The odds are heavily stacked against such a thing not to happen, but it is not quite impossible just yet and until it is, people will talk.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back