EDFL Div 2 discussion 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Club was expecting a flag this year. Very talanted list, Coach clearly not getting the best out of the group. If they don’t at least win 1 final, their might be some changes around the club…

sunbury is mathematically out if coburg districts wins 1 more game, regardless of their own results (Districts have East Sunbury in the final round)

With only 3 rounds left, who are the top players at every club that could be a chance for BnF or team of the year?

Don’t watch much Div 2 live but just taking a stab at it looking at best players each week etc

Haddy - Godden, Trembearth
Glenroy - Ferraro, Lam, Wight
Sunbury - Bowden, Corso
Saints - Marwan, Bruno, Khoder, Tamar
Districts - McNamara, Fisher, Mackertich
WM - Petersen, Evans, Mayne, Kosteas, Smith
BH - Lawson, Evans, Hughes, Iglesias, Gregson, Petracca
TL - Rayner, Vulic, McIntosh, Burns, Vendramini, Nappi

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Don’t watch much Div 2 live but just taking a stab at it looking at best players each week etc

Sunbury - Bowden, Corso

Good list, D Hovey has kicked a few goals

Good list, D Hovey has kicked a few goals
Hovey... good player. Div 2 EDFL is harder than the old div 3 of WRFL so I think he's done well to get to 44 goals with games still at hand. Not sure how Corso is in the list tho, bloke gets plenty of it but very wasteful. Would've had Kook or Eiszele before Corso.

On SM-G970F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Last edited:
Hovey... good player. Div 2 EDFL is harder than the old div 3 of WRFL so I think he's done well to get to 44 goals with games still at hand. Not sure how Corso is in the list tho, bloke gets plenty of it but very wasteful. Would've had Kook or Eiszele before Corso.

Agree on Kook terrific player has he been out injured lately? Hovey has been good kicked 2 bags of 9. EDFL div 2 far more competitive than WRFL Div 3 so great points made

Agree on Kook terrific player has he been out injured lately? Hovey has been good kicked 2 bags of 9. EDFL div 2 far more competitive than WRFL Div 3 so great points made

Yes mate he's been injured for a while now. Hopefully he can get out there before the years end. Love watching him play and a very good bloke.

Hovey would be getting on in age but has played higher level footy in GFL and Bellarine so no surprises to see him kicking goals down here

Kook on the move move next year - couple RDFL teams throwing a bit at him next year and he is growing frustrated like most the players out at the club

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sunbury - Bowden, Corso

Hughes should take home the leauge

Awesome game of football today at T/L. Don't let anyone think this is a 2 horse race as 3 teams can win it this year BH, TL, and Westy.
1st half went TL way, making the most of their opportunity in Fwd half in what I thought was fairly scrappy due to excellent pressure from both sides with TL getting their running game going better than westy. 2nd half, TL got 2 early goals to be 4 goals in front before westy got their run going and put on 5 goals for the quarter. The last quarter was the best football I've seen this year, tough, pressure, tackling, and spread. It's just great to watch with the crowd in full voice a real finals atmosphere. TL with 5 goals and Westy with 6, westy probably should if sealed the game with 2 mins left had ball in there half and fluffed it three times for no score. I won't give the best players as I reckon both teams were amazing today. It would not suprise me if both play off for the big one.

On SM-G990E using BigFooty.com mobile app

Remove this Banner Ad

EDFL Div 2 discussion 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Back