EDFL Div 2 discussion 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

And will the offer stand as I’m assuming that offer was from the current coach/president. Interesting one now the coach is leaving.
I’m not sure exactly who the offer came from, but know it was agreed upon over the last 2 weeks. Interesting one to play out.

And will the offer stand as I’m assuming that offer was from the current coach/president. Interesting one now the coach is leaving.
Could Pat have his eyes on any other clubs? There will be a big turn around of coaches in the Div 1 and 2 as per usual next year

Westy

After producing a 100-point turnaround on the weekend, Westmeadows has every reason to believe in its premiership ambitions. Coach Ash Flavel gives his thoughts and the keys to success.

Westmeadows coach Ash Flavel can see the belief growing in his player’s eyes.
A draw against Taylors Lakes on Saturday proved just how far the Tigers have come in a short space of time.

In the last EDFL Division meeting between the two sides, Taylors Lakes put Flavel’s side to the sword by 100 points.

But Flavel was never too worried by the scoreboard that day with an illness running through the senior and reserve playing groups.

Instead he forecast ahead to the second match up which was a thriller.

“The first game was very hard to judge given what we were going through,” he said.

“We’ve got a bit of belief now we can match it with these sides. We’ve beaten every team now except Taylors Lakes but we couldn’t have got any closer.

“There was a real finals like atmosphere all day. When they got out to about a three-goal lead, I wasn’t sure how it was going to play out but we responded like I know we can.

“We’ve got nothing to lose in the next couple of weeks, we’ve locked in our finals spot, it’s about going out and playing the best footy we can.”

Young star Luke Smith was named best afield on the weekend to continue an impressive season.

Flavel said he “changed the game” in the third quarter just when the Lions looked to be getting on top.

Michael Mayne, Jordan Kosteas, Rex Hickman, Ryan Capron and Aaron Evans were also named among the best.

“Our young kids have been stepping up all year,” Flavel said.

“But the experienced heads we have are being great teachers out on the ground for their teammates.”

Westmeadows recently confirmed Flavel had re-signed for the 2025 season and said it was an easy decision.

“I wasn’t going to say no, I know the window is there whether it’s this year or next,” he said.

“Most of the blokes have re-signed already, they can see the direction we’re heading in.

“It looks like we might get a few old Westy heads back.”

Westmeadows face Coburg Districts and Hadfield in its last two games before finals.

Taylors Lakes will now face Glenroy and Burnside Heights.

My tip is Westy to lose in the GF to TL this year then win the flag comfortably in 2015
Long way away, lots of water under the bridge to go. I personally thought the Saints would be a lot better this year, and yet they are struggling to make it the finals. Who would have thought Burnside would be so good…I’m just saying that most teams will be better again next year, so Westy will still have to bring some players in, and hope, rightly so, that their younger brigade also improve on this year. But they should be up there, just don’t rest on ya laurels, clubs need to recruit and bring in players, even a couple good quality players could make the difference aka Burnside and Taylors. Personally I believe it’s highly likely these two teams will meet in the final, but who really knows…

If Westmeadows win it this year they are along way off competing in Div 1, will be back in Div 2 before you know it.
The article in the local said that some Ex Westy boys might me back next year who could they be?
Really depends on the financial position of these clubs. Taylors Lakes from the outside look like a mature team, is there improvement in the squad or will they need to recruit heavily. Burnside have little depth and play near max points can they succeed going up? Westmeadows has a young squad who can get better but do they have money to bring the key position players needed at Div 1.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Really depends on the financial position of these clubs. Taylors Lakes from the outside look like a mature team, is there improvement in the squad or will they need to recruit heavily. Burnside have little depth and play near max points can they succeed going up? Westmeadows has a young squad who can get better but do they have money to bring the key position players needed at Div 1.
Westy going about it the right way building from within but they are a long way off financially but again are on the right track . They will need a solid bank balance to be able to recruit, Because the last committee failed in this regard causing delayed payments and in some instances non payment to players and coaches . This will take a bit of time to rectify as word spreads of this sort of shenanigans.

Westy going about it the right way building from within but they are a long way off financially but again are on the right track . They will need a solid bank balance to be able to recruit, Because the last committee failed in this regard causing delayed payments and in some instances non payment to players and coaches . This will take a bit of time to rectify as word spreads of this sort of shenanigans.
What about SK and NS, are they in a position to compete and remain in Div 1 if (hypothetically) by some miracle they made it next year

What about SK and NS, are they in a position to compete and remain in Div 1 if (hypothetically) by some miracle they made it next year
Going by this year's results Shaggs' group has lost too much drive mate. In saying that he has a big book of contacts and it's easier to recruit for div 1 than it is div 2. I expect for both teams to be in div 2 for a while.

On SM-G970F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Westy ended CD season today. Game played in good spirits on a perfect day for footy. Westy inaccurate in front of goals big time today, 23 points not too many of them rushed either, should of won by 15 goals.

I thought westy was just going through the motions for 3 quarters and put the foot down in last to win comfortably.

I shouldn't bag umpires, but the poor players on both sides, including supporters, just had no idea what decision was going to be made and who would get the free, rather comical.

Please edfl have good umpires for the 4 teams involved in finals.

On SM-G990E using BigFooty.com mobile app

Westy ended CD season today. Game played in good spirits on a perfect day for footy. Westy inaccurate in front of goals big time today, 23 points not too many of them rushed either, should of won by 15 goals.

I thought westy was just going through the motions for 3 quarters and put the foot down in last to win comfortably.

I shouldn't bag umpires, but the poor players on both sides, including supporters, just had no idea what decision was going to be made and who would get the free, rather comical.

Please edfl have good umpires for the 4 teams involved in finals.

On SM-G990E using BigFooty.com mobile app
Hope westy go well thru the next few weeks mate

On SM-G970F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Game-day video from the Round 17 Sunbury Kangaroos v Northern Saints match. Enjoy.

Carroll has just lost the group or the group has lost Carroll. The players just don’t want to be there. A big off season of recruiting, restructuring the coaching and playing group, letting go of a few (a lot) of bag apples and a big pre season is needed to get this mighty club back in Div 1 where it belongs or the RDfL

Remove this Banner Ad

EDFL Div 2 discussion 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Back