EDFL Division 1 - 2013

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hadfield are very unpredictable to say the least, well done to Rob Don and the boys down there on a great win.:thumbsu:

I honestly thought they'd be fighting it out with Westmeadows for survival in the division. They've "probably" already notched up enough wins to stay up, but as you say it's a pretty even comp.

In playing players like, Steve Vocale who is a terrific player, Michael Tang who has the potential to be anything and the mercurial Hisham Kerbatieh who has kicked 10 goals in 3 games it also tells you the club is willing to play their youngsters too which is great.

Midway through the season I thought it was a bit quiet and time for a review. 2 groups of four mean the finalists are already decided and the other 4 are fighting for the spoon. West Cob and Crazyburn have both been massive sliders, ranked 1 & 2 by the Edfl when doing the fixture. I think both will just survive only because westmeadows have to play 3 of the top 4 3 times. Round 12 will be massive when Westy host Crazy. whoever loses is gaawwnn. Top 4 are all very even with Tulla the surprise with so many injuries. Any of the 4 could play in the big dance and any of the four could win it. My early season prediction has proven to be prophetic with me selecting these 4 to be standouts although I am very surprised at the gulf between 4th and 5th. Going to be a cracking 2nd half of the season. Good luck to all.

Craigieburn slip further into the mire today. Huge game in a couple of weeks when they go head to head with Westmeadows. Both sides will have to watch their % too.

Watched Northern v Hadfield today. Like the way Haddy are playing. Lots of youngsters and weren't disgraced against a Saints side who were a bit off.

Craigieburn slip further into the mire today. Huge game in a couple of weeks when they go head to head with Westmeadows. Both sides will have to watch their % too.

Craigieburn should be a an edfl powerhouse.... Massive growth area huge junior numbers very few clubs in the area to compete with for players or sponsors... Instead they find themselves possibly in div2 next year

Clubs like jacana Keilor park would love to have the advantages craigieburn has

Craigieburn should be a an edfl powerhouse.... Massive growth area huge junior numbers very few clubs in the area to compete with for players or sponsors... Instead they find themselves possibly in div2 next year

Don't disagree with anything you say.

They have failed to really embrace the growth of the community in my opinion. People that have moved there from other Northern Suburbs have remained at their old clubs in their old suburbs. I would imagine a second club in town wouldn't make the same mistakes and would probably force Craigieburn into action.

They have failed to really embrace the growth of the community in my opinion. People that have moved there from other Northern Suburbs have remained at their old clubs in their old suburbs. I would imagine a second club in town wouldn't make the same mistakes and would probably force Craigieburn into action.
Completely agree they should be one of the more stronger developing clubs in the EDFL. To have a one suburb club is not a luxury that many clubs get, in my opinion they abuse that privilege. However in saying that they are a divided club - Seniors and Juniors (mentally) and that is poisonous and it shows. Some good people trying hard but unfortunately too many other people causing trouble.
Craigieburn only have a 5 year window left before Highgate Football Club commence with juniors and then seniors. They will then find themselves in the same situation as most other clubs, fighting to keep juniors and sponsorship.
This season to avoid relegation they can only hope Hadfield or Westmeadows have a shocker couple of games that will keep them off the bottom. Because the way they are preforming their own games wont keep them from being relegated. Having the senior coach playing to try help on field is effecting the off field structure. The assistant coach coaching from the bench is a bigger recipe for disaster. Players are not happy!!! and you can see it in their performances thus far.

Completely agree they should be one of the more stronger developing clubs in the EDFL. To have a one suburb club is not a luxury that many clubs get, in my opinion they abuse that privilege. However in saying that they are a divided club - Seniors and Juniors (mentally) and that is poisonous and it shows. Some good people trying hard but unfortunately too many other people causing trouble.
Craigieburn only have a 5 year window left before Highgate Football Club commence with juniors and then seniors. They will then find themselves in the same situation as most other clubs, fighting to keep juniors and sponsorship.
This season to avoid relegation they can only hope Hadfield or Westmeadows have a shocker couple of games that will keep them off the bottom. Because the way they are preforming their own games wont keep them from being relegated. Having the senior coach playing to try help on field is effecting the off field structure. The assistant coach coaching from the bench is a bigger recipe for disaster. Players are not happy!!! and you can see it in their performances thus far.
my son plays for Greenvale and every second kid seems to live in Craigieburn .In my sons team their is 10 out of the 22 players that have played or lives in craigieburn and this is a div 1 side .From what the parents of kids say , there are two parties(the people that have lived there forever and the new bees )and the kids are caught in the middle.Craigieburn should be a powerhouse side but if they keep losing juniors like the ones that we have down playing for us they will go no where which is a pity because some of these kids have real talent .

Dunno if it's of interest to anyone down that way but the RDFL has a night game this Friday (7.30pm) at Romsey with the Redbacks taking on Broadford. Barry Hall will be at one end and century goalkicker of the past two years Matt Davidson at the other. Quite a number of clearances into Broadford FC this past week, including a few with previous ties to EDFL clubs, should be an interesting contest.

Watched the Eagles play Haddy today and a gutsy effort by the home side who were unlucky not to share the points.

A very poor 1st 1/4 gave no insight to the next 3 where they played like their Div 1 status depended on it. Not sure what sort of draw they have, but if they play with that sort of passion they may well still avoid the drop.

Watched the Eagles play Haddy today and a gutsy effort by the home side who were unlucky not to share the points.

A very poor 1st 1/4 gave no insight to the next 3 where they played like their Div 1 status depended on it. Not sure what sort of draw they have, but if they play with that sort of passion they may well still avoid the drop.

I drove past the game during the first quarter and noticed haddy were 5 goals up

Craigieburn play westmeadows and haddy once more before the end of the year would need to win both games to guarantee avoiding relegation... And hope westmeadows don't win another game

Craigieburn also play west coburg once more too... Another reasonably winnable game

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I drove past the game during the first quarter and noticed haddy were 5 goals up

Craigieburn play westmeadows and haddy once more before the end of the year would need to win both games to guarantee avoiding relegation... And hope westmeadows don't win another game

Craigieburn also play west coburg once more too... Another reasonably winnable game

Cheers for that. They had a team huddle in the middle of the ground after the game too, so it seems they're committed to the cause. Hope they pull through.

Cheers for that. They had a team huddle in the middle of the ground after the game too, so it seems they're committed to the cause. Hope they pull through.

I'd love to see them in "div 3" club has obviously been mismanaged with the exodus of locals to other clubs over the last few years punch ups between coaches clearly a culture issue at the club... Thought a few more would have returned after Barnard left

I'd love to see them in "div 3" club has obviously been mismanaged with the exodus of locals to other clubs over the last few years punch ups between coaches clearly a culture issue at the club... Thought a few more would have returned after Barnard left

Fletch 33 touched on it earlier and I was talking to my mate about it and the thing which stuck out was, a lot of older people at the ground and a lack of younger faces. May well need a complete overhaul with a call for plenty of community involvement.

Ladder after Round 11

TEAM................P..W.L.D....%....PTS
Tullamarine..... 11.9.1.1.137.95 38
Northern Saints 11 9 2 0 145.76 36
Glenroy........... 11 8 2 1 154.56 34
Taylors Lakes... 11 7 4 0 153.54 28
Hadfield............ 11 4 7 0 78.36 16
West Coburg...... 11 3 8 0 85.55 12
Westmeadows..... 11 2 9 0 54.19 8
Craigieburn........ 11 1 10 0 56.96 4

RND 11 results
Northern Saints 29.29.203 D Westmeadows 17.3.105

Glenroy 16.8.104 D Taylors Lakes 13.10.88

Tulla 14.5.89 D West Coburg 10.12.72

Craigieburn 11.10.76 DB Hadfield 11.15.81

RND 12
Taylors Lakes V West Coburg
This will be closer than most people think, if only WC kicked straighter against Tullamarine they might have won. Two massive guns return for West Coburg this game and will be a cracker no doubt.

Hadfield V Tullamarine
Ash Manning has Aces up his sleeve...So to does Rob Don....
This will be a game not to miss, won't be surprised if Haddy bring home the chocolates.

Glenroy V Northern Saints
Something tells me Glenroy have been working towards this game but I don't think Northern Saints have lost a game on this ground for at least 3 years including finals..Match of the round imo and will be a belter... Think i might have to watch this

Westmeadows V Craigieburn
Is this the battle of relegation to Div 2?

If Craigieburn wins, Westy are on the ropes... bit of a do or die game for both clubs and good luck to both:thumbsu:

Ladder after Round 11

TEAM................P..W.L.D....%....PTS
Tullamarine..... 11.9.1.1.137.95 38
Northern Saints 11 9 2 0 145.76 36
Glenroy........... 11 8 2 1 154.56 34
Taylors Lakes... 11 7 4 0 153.54 28
Hadfield............ 11 4 7 0 78.36 16
West Coburg...... 11 3 8 0 85.55 12
Westmeadows..... 11 2 9 0 54.19 8
Craigieburn........ 11 1 10 0 56.96 4

RND 11 results
Northern Saints 29.29.203 D Westmeadows 17.3.105

Glenroy 16.8.104 D Taylors Lakes 13.10.88

Tulla 14.5.89 D West Coburg 10.12.72

Craigieburn 11.10.76 DB Hadfield 11.15.81

RND 12
Taylors Lakes V West Coburg
This will be closer than most people think, if only WC kicked straighter against Tullamarine they might have won. Two massive guns return for West Coburg this game and will be a cracker no doubt.

Hadfield V Tullamarine
Ash Manning has Aces up his sleeve...So to does Rob Don....
This will be a game not to miss, won't be surprised if Haddy bring home the chocolates.

Glenroy V Northern Saints
Something tells me Glenroy have been working towards this game but I don't think Northern Saints have lost a game on this ground for at least 3 years including finals..Match of the round imo and will be a belter... Think i might have to watch this

Westmeadows V Craigieburn
Is this the battle of relegation to Div 2?

If Craigieburn wins, Westy are on the ropes... bit of a do or die game for both clubs and good luck to both:thumbsu:
Tips for round 12
WC in an upset Lilino was good last week and with the addition of Fitax they might cause some trouble in the run home for some top 4 teams.
Injury ravaged Tulla to beat the Hawks in a close one.
Match of the round 2nd v 3rd winner almost assured to get the double chance. Both sides close to full strength. NS by less than a goal.
Relegation battle- if Westy win crazyburn are Gaawwnnn. they will be 2 games behind with 6 to play and they have to play the top 4 in the next 4 weeks. If Crazy can win then they stay alive. Crazy to do just enough and win by 1 point.

Phew, hell of a game at Glenroy today. Saints looked to have it completely wrapped up only for Glenroy to come home with a wet sail.

129-129 with only a few moments left then Northern kicked the winning goal late in the game, but still with enough time for Glenroy to snatch a draw or even an unlikely win which they never really deserved.

Fort Caruso continues to prove why he's been the best buy/homecoming in the comp.

If there is one thing Northern's style of footy does, it allows teams to come back at them when they invariably need a break from their hard at it approach. Today it was nearly their downfall, but gee it made for some great if somewhat nervous watching.

Phew, hell of a game at Glenroy today. Saints looked to have it completely wrapped up only for Glenroy to come home with a wet sail.

129-129 with only a few moments left then Northern kicked the winning goal late in the game, but still with enough time for Glenroy to snatch a draw or even an unlikely win which they never really deserved.

If there is one thing Northern's style of footy does, it allows teams to come back at them when they invariably need a break from their hard at it approach. Today it was nearly their downfall, but gee it made for some great if somewhat nervous watching.

Great game today, Northern pretty much dominated with pace and their approach at the footy for the most part, if they played four full quarters like that, Glenroy would not be a chance. Northern got caught on the rebound a few times but when NS had possession they were all class.

Well umpired with a few odd ones which is to be expected.

Don't know if Northern pulled up or Glenroy came home but you can definitely see the difference in the two teams, Northern on song for a full game will not lose to anyone.. Just my opinion from what I have seen this year. :thumbsu:

The 10 goal last quarter from Glenroy was awesome and each unanswered goal by the 46ers made it look like they were going to win. I think both teams learnt a bit more about each other in this game that may help come finals.

Belter of a game

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back