EDFL Division 2 2016

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm pretty sure he said unbeatable at home and I stated they'd only lost 1 game in 3 years there.
You do sound like a coburg districts flog, club is very arrogant considering they've only won 1 flag in 60 odd years
*she

Have to win the games to get there, ravaged by injuries last 2 final series. 1st couple years senior club has played finals so not a bad effort. (Lack finals experience) More experienced this year so hopefully they can go all the way

2014- Roxy win prelim by a point against an average CD team, get blown away after HT in grand final

2015- Get smashed in first final, get beaten by a jacana team in the prelim.

Roxy are a home field team who can't play on the finals grounds.
won plenty of games away aswell, more then most, just cant win a the big stage. Lack of experience

Splash the c

Would be tough with no 18s, looking at results and looking at this feed with the injuries. Money not spent well. Feel sorry for the loyal blokes that stay and get no coin then an influx of players asking for money come in. Wonder why no one wants to come to coburg. Maybe spend some money to secure and 18s side to be more competitive if they do win a flag and go up
Ridiculous statement this you don't buy a 18's side you have to build one up over time from a bottom age. CDFC never had juniors 4 years ago now have a very strong Auskick and junior program growing by the year. And with the area they are in surrounded by pre established edfl clubs with junior programs such as
Pascoe vale
Glenroy
Hadfield
Even the likes of strathmore and oak park
They are holding there own and will only get better as the years go on get older age groups.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

And with the area they are in surrounded by pre established edfl clubs with junior programs such as
Pascoe vale
Glenroy
Hadfield

Actually Hadfield have just one junior side left now.. Under 10's they have no 12's 14's 16's or 18's they could be in a bit of trouble in the future

2014- Roxy win prelim by a point against an average CD team, get blown away after HT in grand final

2015- Get smashed in first final, get beaten by a jacana team in the prelim.

Roxy are a home field team who can't play on the finals grounds.
Roxy look good to go all the way this year , with plenty of depth in there ressies who haven't dropped a game this year and a strong young leadership group spear headed by Grant mcgill and dimech

Ridiculous statement this you don't buy a 18's side you have to build one up over time from a bottom age. CDFC never had juniors 4 years ago now have a very strong Auskick and junior program growing by the year. And with the area they are in surrounded by pre established edfl clubs with junior programs such as
Pascoe vale
Glenroy
Hadfield
Even the likes of strathmore and oak park
They are holding there own and will only get better as the years go on get older age groups.

Ok let me give you all some answers.

1/ Yes CD probably spend more than most div2 clubs, however they do have the best president in div2 by a long way ( no disrespect to other presidents) who is actively out sourcing sponsors..

2/ Why do Roxy struggle in finals? Because there mentality is to grow a leg in at home in front of their supporters. During finals their support is not as strong due to the $10 entry fee and you have to buy beers from the bar. Lol

Cheers boys!!

what happen at hadfield to lose all there junior sides besides the under 10s

You know the saying "you snooze you lose"

In all honestly it's a tough area to get kids involved in footy and a number of clubs close by. I see there cricket club has merged with Pascoe Vale.. Ummm

Ok let me give you all some answers.

1/ Yes CD probably spend more than most div2 clubs, however they do have the best president in div2 by a long way ( no disrespect to other presidents) who is actively out sourcing sponsors..

2/ Why do Roxy struggle in finals? Because there mentality is to grow a leg in at home in front of their supporters. During finals their support is not as strong due to the $10 entry fee and you have to buy beers from the bar. Lol

Cheers boys!!

Maybe you would like to go down to Roxy and explain your point #2 Turbo.
We have never met but I usually enjoy reading your comments, not one of your better ones.

Last edited:
We have never met but I usually enjoy reading your comments, not one of your better ones.

Cmon mate, you need to get a sense of humour.. It did seem to settle the readers down though on this subject. Usually a bit of banter will do that. Always happy to mingle with the crowd and have a quite beer or 2, but guessing they might not enjoy my humour or straight talking style.

Cmon mate, you need to get a sense of humour.. It did seem to settle the readers down though on this subject. Usually a bit of banter will do that. Always happy to mingle with the crowd and have a quite beer or 2, but guessing they might not enjoy my humour or straight talking style.

Also CouldNotPlay, may I point out there are so many "new identities" popping up on big footy these days, however I have never choose to follow others, and have stayed as the Turbo. Give me some credit as a lot of others have taken the easy route..

If you want me to come down its a bit far for me and damm cold out there. Although the next RP home game should be interesting. Bit of an 8pt game for the opposition side..Hopefully your electronic scoreboard is working.. Lol

Ok what's the next subject?
Who's the favorite for the comp medal? I'm happy with my pre season prediction.

Also CouldNotPlay, may I point out there are so many "new identities" popping up on big footy these days, however I have never choose to follow others, and have stayed as the Turbo. Give me some credit as a lot of others have taken the easy route..

If you want me to come down its a bit far for me and damm cold out there. Although the next RP home game should be interesting. Bit of an 8pt game for the opposition side..Hopefully your electronic scoreboard is working.. Lol

I should have driven to the TAB and taken CD at 10-1...A week is a long time in football...

Comp medal has to be Ogilvie by the length of the Flemington straight.

And what was that prediction?

Remove this Banner Ad

EDFL Division 2 2016

Remove this Banner Ad

Back