EDFL Division 2 2016

Remove this Banner Ad

Hi everyone, first post on this site.
I think there is some confusion on this subject.
I believe the Burnside Heights captain has requested a transfer this year, whereas Ben Stone is the former captain of Roxburgh Park who I believe is still undecided about his playing future.

Yeah, heard the BH ex-captain is at Keilor now.

I'm worried people are underestimating Roxy and MV this year. I know we haven't heard much on the recruiting front, but surely these are two good clubs with plenty of depth?

Some very interesting results yesterday. Like my previous post mentioned... People writing off Roxy and MV was very surprising.

Jacana vs. EK - Would have been a ripping game. Was this the grand final preview in round one? I think this also shows that EK should be respected as a serious contender despite loosing a few.

KP vs. MV - Shows how kicking in accuracy can persuade a game. Result could have gone either way had KP kicked straight. Mole (youngster from Euroa) looks to have settled in well with a best on performance. Will be interested to see how the season pans out for these two clubs.

Roxy vs. CD - possibly the most surpising result of the round. Everyone expected CD to take the next step this year, however they look to have struggled yesterday. Are CD going to be the real deal? And will Roxy surprise a few? Young group with great depth. Also, Harley Short didn't play for Craigieburn on the weekend.. Anything to speak of there?

BH vs. ES - actually got to this game and it was a one sided affair from the outset. Speed of ball movement seemed to be the key for ES. Suprisingly Dyl Tarczon played and as expected, tore the game apart. Fleming was dominant around the ground and Galea took lots of marks up forward, finishing with a bag. Considering the talk of BH's recruiting, I was suprised with the 25 goal margin in the end. ES showed a lot of improvement on what I've seen from last year. Could suprise a few?

Some very interesting results yesterday. Like my previous post mentioned... People writing off Roxy and MV was very surprising.

Jacana vs. EK - Would have been a ripping game. Was this the grand final preview in round one? I think this also shows that EK should be respected as a serious contender despite loosing a few.

KP vs. MV - Shows how kicking in accuracy can persuade a game. Result could have gone either way had KP kicked straight. Mole (youngster from Euroa) looks to have settled in well with a best on performance. Will be interested to see how the season pans out for these two clubs.

Roxy vs. CD - possibly the most surpising result of the round. Everyone expected CD to take the next step this year, however they look to have struggled yesterday. Are CD going to be the real deal? And will Roxy surprise a few? Young group with great depth. Also, Harley Short didn't play for Craigieburn on the weekend.. Anything to speak of there?

BH vs. ES - actually got to this game and it was a one sided affair from the outset. Speed of ball movement seemed to be the key for ES. Suprisingly Dyl Tarczon played and as expected, tore the game apart. Fleming was dominant around the ground and Galea took lots of marks up forward, finishing with a bag. Considering the talk of BH's recruiting, I was suprised with the 25 goal margin in the end. ES showed a lot of improvement on what I've seen from last year. Could suprise a few?

Harley short is back at Roxburgh park and looking very fit.

Good little wrap up there mate. Any highlights for Burnside out of that drubbing? Haven't spoken to anyone yet, haven't heard much. saw the score line and nearly fell off my chair as they were expecting better things

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Good little wrap up there mate. Any highlights for Burnside out of that drubbing? Haven't spoken to anyone yet, haven't heard much. saw the score line and nearly fell off my chair as they were expecting better things

To be fair mate, nothing really to hang their hat on except that they continued to score throughout the game (often on the back of large numbers pushing forward), but got burnt going the other way. The thing I'm most worried about for BH is that the gap between them and ES/KP has grown significantly. Another long year ahead unfortunately..

Was at the Roxy v Coburg Dist game, fast paced hard running football, great game to watch. Was standing near the Roxy bench and they played most of the second half with their full forward, centre half forward and ruckman off injured. They look like a very quick side and with rumors of a possible return from Harley Short will only get better.

Clearance in for Saad Saad to CD - scary proposition for defenders.

Struggled big time at Seymour last year, having played in 3 premierships in a row while in his pomp mid-2000's. Lost his huge leap though still a fabulous boby on body player. Has lost several yards of pace and often played angry last year. Got reported and suspended in his final game in the GVFL.

Struggled big time at Seymour last year, having played in 3 premierships in a row while in his pomp mid-2000's. Lost his huge leap though still a fabulous boby on body player. Has lost several yards of pace and often played angry last year. Got reported and suspended in his final game in the GVFL.

Hey Silver old mate, his going to EDFL lowest division which is a huge step down from GVFL so should dominate, however if his got a temper he won't have to many problems finding trouble. Lol

Hey Silver old mate, his going to EDFL lowest division which is a huge step down from GVFL so should dominate, however if his got a temper he won't have to many problems finding trouble. Lol

He will definitely find trouble then Turbs. He and ex-Greensborough forward Tim Bongetti went crazy in a losing final last year. It got quite ugly.
Saad was a star of the GVFL over a decade. If a lower standard he will cause problems as his footy sense has not diminished.

Ah that makes a bit more sense, I just remember mates playing in the gvfl dreading lining up on him due to his tendency to jump all over them.

Sent from my SM-N915G using Tapatalk

The MV v KP game last week, are MV a team to be feared or just making up the numbers and are KP going to be finals contenders?

MV v BH will be interesting to see if BH actually bounce back and atleast show a bit of ticker and don't go down by so much this week.

CD v KP - CD by 60 pts
ES v Jac - ES by 21 pts
EK v Roxy - Roxy by 60 pts

He will definitely find trouble then Turbs. He and ex-Greensborough forward Tim Bongetti went crazy in a losing final last year. It got quite ugly.
Saad was a star of the GVFL over a decade. If a lower standard he will cause problems as his footy sense has not diminished.

Thanks mate.

People on here were saying Keilor Park have recruited older returning players but gee Coburg Districts also tend to recruit older types which may hinder them come finals. However I'm clearly aware it's hard to recruit good younger types into div3 so your options are limited. And both these areas are older, so this is also a telling factor..
Good luck to all teams but I think Saad Saad still has something to offer surely. All div3 clubs would take him if he still has his passion..

Remove this Banner Ad

EDFL Division 2 2016

Remove this Banner Ad

Back