EDFL moves

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
WRFLfan said:
Good source told me that and i believe it to be the truth and playing hard contact footy is different to KING HITTING you MATE. And sorry mate i dont play, just support tough hard footy, not paddock footy, cheers mate keep your opinions coming they make for good entertainment. Happy Easter......EGG!

A good source wrfl fan, what matthew Pillios! :eek:

l know who you are wrfl fan, your not a gifted footballer but you have a crack.

OrangeCutter said:
i think we have exausted this west coburg situation, those blokes have alot to answer for and i would be wary if one came to my club dosnt matter how good they are some clubs have got one type of culture and other clubs have another type of culture. when your got a good feel about your club and everyone is bonding you dont really want a bloke who blues with his mates to come to your club. imo

That's a nice indirect reply orangecutter. It' well know the west coburg has a culture problem so does alot of other clubs, just some of them aren't public knowledge.

Deefer4 said:
bricksta said:
Do you know his history? Spent three years in the SANFL after being a top player with the Calder Cannons. Made the SANFL state squad, forced out by injury. Although only around the 187 mark, played on some of the top key forwards in the SANFL, including listed AFL players. Has pace, can mark and kick long. Average season last year, second year back, but did it without a pre season and only trained once each week. Has done the pre season this year, is fitter, should have an impact.

Deefer4 must be a alias for Travis Gluschenko then Doona2!

WRFLfan said:
Deefer4 said:
So what do you think of them?
Think of what? Your posts or the players? Will try to respond to both. But remember one thing, you asked for an opinion, and I am giving one, will not brook any argument as you may not enjoy some of the reading.
Hoath, largely unknown to me. Thought against Keilor he was by far the best of the WRFL guys. If he can keep that form going, will be an asset and danger to other clubs.
Linsay. Have seen him play over a number of years, from U16. Has the ability to be a very good player in the EDFL, but needs to be more direct and hit targets. Did not do that well last week. Will be a lot more prominent over coming weeks when Strathmore play against weaker teams, his test will come against Greenvale and Douttas.
O'Neill. No comment at this point as he played in the two's.
Goggins & Walker. Based on what I saw last week with Goggins, and having some knowledge of his previous clubs, plus input from friends involved with WRFL, will be in the words of Jack Dyer "a good ordinary" player. Same with Walker.
Beazley. From your posts, you dislike Beazley. Saw him at the Jets and the DVFL, but not at Hoppers. If he can get to the form I saw in the DVFL, will be a good player. Did not show much last week.
Now your posts.
Some of your build up of these guys maybe tongue in cheek, or it could be for real. Either way, you are not doing them a favour. With the reported big money being paid to them, there is immense pressure for them to produce. Your posts increase that pressure. You may be correct in your summation, but why add another load to their burden. I know what Goggins and Walker are being paid. It is well over any offer I would have made to get them to my club. All the dollars Lindsay is reported to be getting, is also well over what I think is a fair days pay.
The pressure from within the player group, particularly the established Strathmore players, for these guys to prove they are worth the payment, must be immense. If anything is going to stop Strathmore this year, it will probably be internal friction, unless Scar has upped the ante and is paying everyone over the odds. If they are your mates, best help you can give them is back of until they establish themselves.
Remember, you asked for this opinion.

Allears said:
Great work my north, are you a relation to wrfl fan!
R.Cudmore best on the ground in the grand final for west coburg last year and best player in finals seriers l might add! Mind you l think he missed around 6 games last and still polled 12 votes in the comp B&F. :eek:
Will be a great 2's player, your a dill!

let see how will go at Airport West, if that were he will be going

Allears said:
A good source wrfl fan, what matthew Pillios! :eek:

l know who you are wrfl fan, your not a gifted footballer but you have a crack.
Couldnt agree more im a *******, i couldnt get a game at Hadfield 2s and Matty wasnt the source. Keep your ******** coming

Deefer4 said:
WRFLfan said:
Think of what? Your posts or the players? Will try to respond to both. But remember one thing, you asked for an opinion, and I am giving one, will not brook any argument as you may not enjoy some of the reading.
Hoath, largely unknown to me. Thought against Keilor he was by far the best of the WRFL guys. If he can keep that form going, will be an asset and danger to other clubs.
Linsay. Have seen him play over a number of years, from U16. Has the ability to be a very good player in the EDFL, but needs to be more direct and hit targets. Did not do that well last week. Will be a lot more prominent over coming weeks when Strathmore play against weaker teams, his test will come against Greenvale and Douttas.
O'Neill. No comment at this point as he played in the two's.
Goggins & Walker. Based on what I saw last week with Goggins, and having some knowledge of his previous clubs, plus input from friends involved with WRFL, will be in the words of Jack Dyer "a good ordinary" player. Same with Walker.
Beazley. From your posts, you dislike Beazley. Saw him at the Jets and the DVFL, but not at Hoppers. If he can get to the form I saw in the DVFL, will be a good player. Did not show much last week.
Now your posts.
Some of your build up of these guys maybe tongue in cheek, or it could be for real. Either way, you are not doing them a favour. With the reported big money being paid to them, there is immense pressure for them to produce. Your posts increase that pressure. You may be correct in your summation, but why add another load to their burden. I know what Goggins and Walker are being paid. It is well over any offer I would have made to get them to my club. All the dollars Lindsay is reported to be getting, is also well over what I think is a fair days pay.
The pressure from within the player group, particularly the established Strathmore players, for these guys to prove they are worth the payment, must be immense. If anything is going to stop Strathmore this year, it will probably be internal friction, unless Scar has upped the ante and is paying everyone over the odds. If they are your mates, best help you can give them is back of until they establish themselves.
Remember, you asked for this opinion.
You answered my question in the first part of your deep deep post, i will countine to rap my mates as everyone does and will countine to on this thread. You seem a bit jaded would you secertly like the boys at your club, i know i would. Ive said before maybe a bit over the top for a laugh with other people on this site and maybe even them, but in all honesty ive played with these blokes and i know how good they are and how good they will countine you to be, i will countine to back the boys too.
Footy is about pressure and these blokes have played at a high level where pressure is alot greater, and i think there is greater pressure in footy than your mates giving you a rap
This is just a local park footy thread no need to go so deep mate, i think you need to relax a bit enjoy life champ.
Go The Mores!

My North said:
let see how will go at Airport West, if that were he will be going

Struggling to keep up lads, but if Im not a dill for asking who's moving to Airport West?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

WRFLfan said:
Deefer4 said:
You answered my question in the first part of your deep deep post, i will countine to rap my mates as everyone does and will countine to on this thread. You seem a bit jaded would you secertly like the boys at your club, i know i would. Ive said before maybe a bit over the top for a laugh with other people on this site and maybe even them, but in all honesty ive played with these blokes and i know how good they are and how good they will countine you to be, i will countine to back the boys too.
Footy is about pressure and these blokes have played at a high level where pressure is alot greater, and i think there is greater pressure in footy than your mates giving you a rap
This is just a local park footy thread no need to go so deep mate, i think you need to relax a bit enjoy life champ.
Go The Mores!
Not jaded at all, and I enjoy my life, at aspects of it, including watching football. Just how good are they? We will all judge that as time goes on.

JC1981 said:
Also to the blokes who were bagging Rhyce Bloomfield and saying that he couldnt make it at VFL level, just letting you know he kicked 2 and was in the best for Port in seniors on the weekend...
Needed to relax today so I went and had a look at the Port v Scorpions game, particularly Bloomfield. Not one of his better days. Two marks, max six touches. Spent part of the second quarter and most of the last on the bench. Struggled for pace when his direct opponent, Sam Gilbert, ran off him. Looked as if he lacked belief in himself, did not approach the ball confidently. Would have been interesting to see last week as a comparison.
Positives, two of his possessions, were direct assists in goals.

Deefer4 said:
Needed to relax today so I went and had a look at the Port v Scorpions game, particularly Bloomfield. Not one of his better days. Two marks, max six touches. Spent part of the second quarter and most of the last on the bench. Struggled for pace when his direct opponent, Sam Gilbert, ran off him. Looked as if he lacked belief in himself, did not approach the ball confidently. Would have been interesting to see last week as a comparison.

Spoke to a friend who plays Sandy one's and played against the borough last week said that Bloomfield wasn't too good on that day either. But taking into account Port did lose by about 60 points.

Deefer4 said:

Does anyone know Bloomfield personally ? What is he like Mentally ? Is there a chance he won't stick out the year in the VFL and return to Greenvale....

I think West Coburg seniors cop an un fair reputation as being dirty becuase of there u/18 & u/16 sides who tent to be quite undidsciplend. I spoke with Zu and Dom (president) he said he will be working closely with there kids to try and make them be have themselves. I would be interested in the % of reports in the 1s for West Coburg against the other sides and I wouldnt reckon WC would be any worse.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back