EDFL Premier Div 2018

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Greenvale with the 1st goal, Strathmore with the next 8

Nath Grima surely would have to be coach of the year in premier division given the expectations around what the Moores were likely to be this year and where he has taken this list? Development into the kids and backing them in is paying dividends. Holding onto them all now is key for them moving into their next era.

Regardless of cachia, mcIntosh, Grima, Lower and Jarrads movements next year he’s left them in a better place than he inherited from Clinnick 2 years ago with an abundance of home talent coming through with plenty of room to play.

so what happens to GV now? Promote the reserve players to the firsts.
Anybody at the game today willing to give a report

Last edited:

Greenvale too slow and unfit.
Strathmore Abers GF

Still a good year by Greenvale to be competitive in one of the strongest metro leagues playing with only 26 points. Only 1 player above 1 point on that list that played. Other clubs (playing in finals) talk about their junior system and pathways for kids but let’s be honest only Greenvale really showing faith in their junior players. I commend them.

Keilor to bounce back in better conditions and play Abers in the GF.

Still a good year by Greenvale to be competitive in one of the strongest metro leagues playing with only 26 points. Only 1 player above 1 point on that list that played. Other clubs (playing in finals) talk about their junior system and pathways for kids but let’s be honest only Greenvale really showing faith in their junior players. I commend them.

Keilor to bounce back in better conditions and play Abers in the GF.

Turbo you’ve put up some crap before, but this just about takes the cake.
Greenvale didn’t even field an under 19 in 2017.
I’ll bet that’s the last time they field points that low, they’ll be shopping in the off season.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

I’ll bet that’s the last time they field points that low, they’ll be shopping in the off season.

Hey SOC, my point is to get into 3rd position with so many 1 pointers is a great effort. For many years these other clubs talk up there junior programs but recruit rather than promote. I give them a heap of credit for not spending up but being courageous enough to play these homegrowns.
I also understand other clubs have juniors drafted but Greenvale’s year must be given a pass mark surely. Maybe just got tired in the end..

I can see Strathmore is starting to go down this path to some degree which is different to there past recruiting, but still have some high end recruits getting well looked after.

Anyway SOC just my thoughts pal.

Hey SOC, my point is to get into 3rd position with so many 1 pointers is a great effort. For many years these other clubs talk up there junior programs but recruit rather than promote. I give them a heap of credit for not spending up but being courageous enough to play these homegrowns.
I also understand other clubs have juniors drafted but Greenvale’s year must be given a pass mark surely. Maybe just got tired in the end..

I can see Strathmore is starting to go down this path to some degree which is different to there past recruiting, but still have some high end recruits getting well looked after.

Agreed great effort, makes Pacco’s season seem a complete disaster hey.

Just my thoughts

Turbo, you’ve got more front than Myers. Do you actually have a straight face when you post this tripe? The first 2 paragraphs of your post about Greenvale were fair enough, but you should have stopped there.

You’ve got the hypocrisy to then post about other clubs recruiting and “high end recruits getting well looked after”. Pascoe Vale (YOUR team) have more “high end recruits” than any other club in this competition, and I very much doubt they’re playing for beer tickets, the love of the guernsey and the company of their mates.

No doubt I’ll get a rambling, dissembling response as to why Pacco are a special case, and should not be viewed in the same light as other clubs, despite spending a small fortune on “ high end” players this year for a very disappointing outcome.

2017, no they didn't. 2018 yes they did.
Did they play with 26 points, don't know I haven't checked. If they did that is great, how many points did the other clubs play with and how much money did the fork out to do it?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Turbo, you’ve got more front than Myers. Do you actually have a straight face when you post this tripe? The first 2 paragraphs of your post about Greenvale were fair enough, but you should have stopped there.

You’ve got the hypocrisy to then post about other clubs recruiting and “high end recruits getting well looked after”. Pascoe Vale (YOUR team) have more “high end recruits” than any other club in this competition, and I very much doubt they’re playing for beer tickets, the love of the guernsey and the company of their mates.

No doubt I’ll get a rambling, dissembling response as to why Pacco are a special case, and should not be viewed in the same light as other clubs, despite spending a small fortune on “ high end” players this year for a very disappointing outcome.

Stax my old friend it was kind of a compliment to where Strathmore is now heading. The post was in regards to clubs who believe they have the best junior programs and have high junior numbers. Yes Pacco recruited well and would be extremely disappointed no doubt, but go through the teams in the finals and your budget would be well up there. But hey there is nothing wrong with that.

Here is some news I heard. Jarrod Waite could be heading to Douttas..

The silly season has begun and the grand final hasn’t been played yet. Expect Waites name to be mentioned with more EDFL clubs In the coming weeks. He has connections at SM & AH and when PV open the chequered book, I mean sell the advantages of playing for the pacco jumper

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back