EDFL Premier Division 2016

Remove this Banner Ad

Barnes clearance in to Sunbury Kangaroos so a significant loss for eds but having Angus back might offset that a little. Not too sure what else they have in the way of a Ruckman in the reserves??
Too be honest no great loss. He would have struggled against most ruckman in the comp. anyway news is Sunbury offered him a fwd roll this year cause he didn't want to play ruck. Could be reason for the change

Barnes clearance in to Sunbury Kangaroos so a significant loss for eds but having Angus back might offset that a little. Not too sure what else they have in the way of a Ruckman in the reserves??

They will find it a struggle in premier without a ruckman that's for sure. Got some good recruits and bit of talk they think they can make finals but without a recognised ruckman can see it happening. Think it might be Douttas advertising on big footy forum for a ruckman.
Also agree with EDFL knowitall on Barnes as in premier he needs to play key position, or out of the pocket and be the second ruck. He should go ok in the RDFL I think.

On another subject if the were to recruit a ruckman he will most likely carry high points, so this also become a worry with 6-7 recruits in one year. The points system does no favours to clubs promoted IMO.

Any news from Strathmore on how Nathan Grima & McIntosh are travelling pre season?
Couple of questions,
-Are they 12 points combined?
-How is Grima's back injuries? Big risk to play after 3 back operations I believe. Will an insurance company still cover him for any injuries. I'm not sure they will so it's a bold move.
Could he be a chance to partner Brayshaw on the footy show.. Lol

H
Any news from Strathmore on how Nathan Grima & McIntosh are travelling pre season?
Couple of questions,
-Are they 12 points combined?
-How is Grima's back injuries? Big risk to play after 3 back operations I believe. Will an insurance company still cover him for any injuries. I'm not sure they will so it's a bold move.
Could he be a chance to partner Brayshaw on the footy show.. Lol
word is potter from strathmore could be on the move after there are no spots for him in the side. Perfect fit for EDS. Can play ruck or chb.
Grima got a gig on fox footy this year. Think his replacing lynch on their Bounce program
If you add Lyons and mangan to that List start mores points is 22 for 4 players

Mitch Hannan from St Bernards to Avondale Heights, is alligned to Bulldogs VFL but when not playing will be a more than handy addition

H

word is potter from strathmore could be on the move after there are no spots for him in the side. Perfect fit for EDS. Can play ruck or chb.
Grima got a gig on fox footy this year. Think his replacing lynch on their Bounce program
If you add Lyons and mangan to that List start mores points is 22 for 4 players

Then add Tighe at 5 points (and maybe 6 as pretty sure he won a B&F in the WAFL in 2013) that's now 27 points for 5 players.

Good call on Potter but he will come with high points as moving clubs in the same league. Will be around 5 points. He didn't set the world on fire at Strathmore did he? I'm not disputing his ability as big men are not easy to find, and there form can be up & down, however he might be suited to playing ruck. What's your view??

"Bloody points system"

What position does he play mate. Does he go well?
Midfielder, got the best on ground award in the VAFA A grade grand final. Absolute bull and can more than happily play in the forward line taking a couple grabs.
Think he will play a lot of the season in the doggies VFL but will be a more than handy addition when playing for Avondale

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Really looking forward to the landscape of Grigg, Hislop and Reimers this year inside 50 at the Gorillas?

With the other recruits kicking around, what are you hanging to see at your club in 2016?

Really looking forward to the landscape of Grigg, Hislop and Reimers this year inside 50 at the Gorillas?

With the other recruits kicking around, what are you hanging to see at your club in 2016?

Hey mate. Is Johns going to play this year, as did he play a few games in Darwin this season. Which Hislop are you referring to?

I think the other clubs are hoping Abers list might be slowing down a bit due to age, so they can all try and make up some ground. Looks like Abers have covered some of there losses.
I think it will be closer at the top end this year, but clubs need to have a big pre season and be fit and ready..

Hey mate. Is Johns going to play this year, as did he play a few games in Darwin this season. Which Hislop are you referring to?

I think the other clubs are hoping Abers list might be slowing down a bit due to age, so they can all try and make up some ground. Looks like Abers have covered some of there losses.
I think it will be closer at the top end this year, but clubs need to have a big pre season and be fit and ready..
I'm thinking Abers are loosing a lot with Graham not playing. His a big strong AFL ready player. They replaced him with a state level ruckman. That might be the difference in sides beating Abers this year. Also do they have back man to replace houli and Davis that are the same quality

I'm thinking Abers are loosing a lot with Graham not playing. His a big strong AFL ready player. They replaced him with a state level ruckman. That might be the difference in sides beating Abers this year. Also do they have back man to replace houli and Davis that are the same quality

Yeah good points.

I thought Essendon might have tried to get Graham as he was pretty dominant. They looked at Browne from
Keilor and now got Jamar. Was Graham a better choice as his still reasonably young I would have thought.

I also thought Patty Veszpremi should have been contacted by Essendon as he has the talent. I'm sure he might have considered it but maybe his fitness might have been a concern.

PS: Yes I understand EDFL is far from VFL
Level.

Yeah good points.

I thought Essendon might have tried to get Graham as he was pretty dominant. They looked at Browne from
Keilor and now got Jamar. Was Graham a better choice as his still reasonably young I would have thought.

I also thought Patty Veszpremi should have been contacted by Essendon as he has the talent. I'm sure he might have considered it but maybe his fitness might have been a concern.

PS: Yes I understand EDFL is far from VFL
Level.
Hey turbs is patty your love child?

Hey turbs is patty your love child?

Na mate, not that I'm aware off anyway. Can't be as his gone to Douttas.

The reason why I mentioned him as he did do some of the pre season at Port Melb last season with the intention of trying to reignite his career, then he decided by choice to return to local footy. So unlike some others, does he still habour ambitions to play higher?

Na mate, not that I'm aware off anyway. Can't be as his gone to Douttas.

The reason why I mentioned him as he did do some of the pre season at Port Melb last season with the intention of trying to reignite his career, then he decided by choice to return to local footy. So unlike some others, does he still habour ambitions to play higher?

Not 100% sure but he may not have been eligible to be picked as a top up player under the guidelines set out by the AFL, I believe you had to have been on an AFL list in the last 2 years.

Remove this Banner Ad

EDFL Premier Division 2016

Remove this Banner Ad

Back